Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 18:31   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
^ 18 yr old first timer ? You are looking at the wrong bike mate ! I would put him on an RX135 . Inexpensive way to learn the fun of motorcycling and lots of potential for more power . Or if u want something brand new i would suggest the next closest machine - RTR 180 .
Yes!! This is exactly what even I suggested. But he's driving for the last 2.5 years. And he's confident of handling it.

I've suggested Classic 350 after going through this thread. The UCE is the same as TBTS, so no major problems in that area. He has booked the Classic 350.

Thanks for all the suggestions..
Old 11th November 2009, 18:50   #677
Senior - BHPian

A RE rep called me today and told me I could go to the showroom to hear the 'voice' of the bike, but a TD can not be arranged.

:P

She insisted that I make the booking now for delivery in December. When I told her I can't before a TD, she insisted everyone's buying it after hearing the voice.

Total n00b.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:43   #678
BHPian

lol !! she must be saying that everyone is buying after hearing her voice !! Waise what test drive were you referring to
Old 11th November 2009, 20:59   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
lol !! she must be saying that everyone is buying after hearing her voice !! Waise what test drive were you referring to
Chhii chhii!

B'day ka fayda utha raha hai.

It seems that they have not received the test drive vehicles. So, I'll be waiting for another 2 weeks before I get my *** on a Classic 500.
Old 12th November 2009, 00:14   #680
BHPian

EssYouWe, go to Ess Aar motors in JhandewWalan. Maje se test ride lena.
Old 12th November 2009, 00:30   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
EssYouWe, go to Ess Aar motors in JhandewWalan. Maje se test ride lena.
Thanks boss! Will check it out as soon as exams get done.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:52   #682
BHPian

Rollin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
Sorry, you guys have got the wrong impression created, no doubt, by my choice of words. Of course, I am not putting the oil with the petrol!

It is just that every 100km or so, enough oil has drained out of the sump that it is not visible in the window provided (marked with max and min levels) to check the oil levels. So I top up the oil again to the max level.

Surprisingly, the oil doesn't leak if the bike just sits, but only during running. After a run, of course the oil that has already leaked out and is clinging to the case falls to the ground. But this is just a few drops, the actual oil loss is much higher, scattered all over the road the bike took. The regular service center mechanic, who is pretty good, hasn't a clue. Any ideas?
RE certified expert back from Chennai. Fixed it. Said something about a broken oil seal near the gear train. Not a drop on the ground after a 10km ride. Fingers crossed, but it looks like I'm Rollin' again!
Old 13th November 2009, 09:00   #683
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone want to buy a black/chrome 500 AVL machismo, mint condition, no mods, 2 years old, 5000kms on the clock?! If so, let me know, so I can go get myself the 500 classic!

Last edited by Sawyer : 13th November 2009 at 09:01.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:10   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
Ok - let me try and get some advise on this forum
I have a 1959 Bullet 350, immaculately restored and with all possible period original period parts including long legs, QD hubs, amal carb etc etc.the list is endless.............I have spent over 2 lakhs on this bike.

Until now I was bitten by the Vintage bug but now I want a bike which will help me satisfy my touring requirements. Dont get me wrong, The 59 runs like a dream but I just dont have the heart to trash it. Also the drum brakes and aeging technology makes reliability a bit of an issue.

The biggest problem of all - my wife will not let me keep two bikes. No arguments here....and I dare not even try.

Ever since I have seen the Classic 500, am tempted to sell off the 59 and buy a mordern, reliable machine, but when I look at the beauty in my garage...I get reminded of the pain, money and the effort that has gone in to building her.

Gentlemen - Advise please
Don't know if others have replied already....but the 59 is the real classic, I would never sell it!! The current classic will not be around for more than a couple of years in its present form.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:22   #685
Senior - BHPian

PS: though I am not so sure this is a good idea, to be honest, selling my 500 AVL. The bike I have has proven to be very reliable, and getting one that is so, from RE, takes a certain amount of luck. So I am not sure that counting on that happening again is a good idea. In two minds....!!
Old 13th November 2009, 09:25   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
PS: though I am not so sure this is a good idea, to be honest, selling my 500 AVL. The bike I have has proven to be very reliable, and getting one that is so, from RE, takes a certain amount of luck. So I am not sure that counting on that happening again is a good idea. In two minds....!!

I face the exact dilemma.
My tBird is 2003 July model. Some 80k kms or so done.
Daily ride and highway cruiser.

She is begining to show some signs of age. The front forks are slowly losing out, The rear shocks need to be replaced (currently on second set).

The engine is going strong and has never needed any work on it.
Only regular service.

The 29 BHP of the 500 Classic makes it so attractive. BUT unable to consider selling off my tBird.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:29   #687
Senior - BHPian

BB, in your place it is less of dilemma. My ride is already a 500, and is all new, and runs like a dream now. In your case, you have made full use of your good fortune, I haven't!
Old 13th November 2009, 09:39   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
BB, in your place it is less of dilemma. My ride is already a 500, and is all new, and runs like a dream now. In your case, you have made full use of your good fortune, I haven't!
Sawyer,

If you have the dough, keep the LB500 and get yourself a classic in maybe a few months down the line. The LB500 is now a classic as very few examples, relatively speaking, thump across the Indian roads. The LB500 is pretty punchy compared to the classic. Since your LB500 has clocked just 5K on the odo, don't sell it. Buy the CL500 when you can manage the finances for it.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 13th November 2009, 09:50   #689
Senior - BHPian

Two bikes are a no no, I have tried, I bought the 350 Electra a few months after I got the 500, because I wanted the classic thump as well. The bike ran great, was a better ride in the city, but keeping two running is not easy. And if you keep them idle, they suffer, as any machine will. So I sold the 350 a few months ago. I agree with the punch on the LB, like a locomotive, but I am surprised to hear that the 500 classic lacks it. Why? I haven't compared the torque curve information, hence the question.
PS: Personally, I think the separate gearbox engine looks a lot more like a Bullet engine ought to, so that is another reason to hold on to the bike.

Last edited by Sawyer : 13th November 2009 at 09:53.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:11   #690
BHPian

Guys did any of you check any finance options available for the 500 Classic.

I am keeping away from the RE showrooms, lest I get tempted and book the Classic 500 right away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks