Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 17:53   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
isnt that a quick delivery - which dealer outlet are you getting it from? And congratulations!
Are you doing anything about the solo seat?
Guess what, I was the first who booked the Classic 500 in Pune, much before it's launched date. Actaully I had booked M500 when I went to take delivery, dealer asked me to wait for CL500 (secretly). So I am going to get my bike in the first allotment.

The bike comes with the both the seats. (rider and pillion) and saari guard
Old 27th November 2009, 09:06   #812
BHPian

A very close friend of mine got the Classic 500 in the Blue/Green color instantly on Cash. LOL.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:18   #813
BHPian

I am surprised that you guys are talking about allotments and all. The first bikes were delivered here on 4th November itself.

Y'day was at service center for first service of my std, and was told that they have already serviced a few CL500 there (500km, first service).
Old 27th November 2009, 20:28   #814
Senior - BHPian

Update-RE plans to launch 500UCE in another two variants by April 2010
1. Machismo 500
2. Electra 500
Old 27th November 2009, 20:39   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Update-RE plans to launch 500UCE in another two variants by April 2010
1. Machismo 500
2. Electra 500
why not a thunderbird 500
Old 27th November 2009, 20:46   #816
Senior - BHPian

No clue to why but may be someday they will. May be they want to promote the 500 UCE engine in other forms first.
Old 27th November 2009, 21:33   #817
Senior - BHPian

Hope they get a completely new look for the Machismo and Electra.
Old 27th November 2009, 22:05   #818
BHPian

^ No. RE might retain looks of Machismo & Electra though a better fit-finish can be expected. This way they could try attract customers stating "same old familiar good looks +new engine +lower price". By April'10 only UC Engines would be available so Machismo might get the 500 Uce & Electra 350 Uce & RE thus can offer different models with just 2 engine options.

Last edited by Rennjit : 27th November 2009 at 22:07.
Old 27th November 2009, 23:09   #819
BHPian

RE is going to launch there international models here.

They will launch Electra in 350 UCE (TBTS engine) and 500 UCE EFI

Bullet electra classic will be launched as Machismo 500 but a carbed version.
Old 29th November 2009, 07:58   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualhemant View Post
Guys,

I am just back from a TD of Classic 500. It is an awesome machine. Here are few of my observations
1) Height - Is 1 inch lesser that other bullets but I was very much comfortable with it. I am 5 feet 10 inches vertically.
2) Bullet Feel - It is present, but not what you feel on a Standard.
I feel the reason behind is the engine which is smoother than the earlier bullets so no more vibration (~ 1/5 of Standard). Also the bike was fitted with the long bottle exaust which muted the thump. But still it has that RAW power feel.
3) Riding is very smooth with that RAW power underneath.
4) Sound - As I mentioned, a retro or goldie can give a much better thump. Though, contradictory to statements here I liked the long bottle sound as well (firm beats)..it is not at all hisssy like Thunderbird.
5) The bike was pulling like a Mammoth. And compared to M500 it its quick. Changing from 1-2-3 gives a slight punch to neck which is good.
6) Suspension - Is very good. Front is not stiff nor spongy. I found it ok. comments?
7) Road Grip is awesome as well, tried to cross parallel road joints and it was not at all scary. On a Pulsar this is the scariest thing you do.
8) I would definatly put a Goldie from Saurabh (Delhi) on this machine. I am not sure if that will affect the engine.
9) Value for money - I am not sure here. I was about to buy M500 and now I am paying 25K more. :-(

What I did not like?
Nothing as such. Still thinking if there is anything that I dislike...uummuumm.
Yeah front tyre But hey, I can live with that for the power and reliability I am getting.

I will get my bike next week. Royal Maroon CL500.
Where in Pune did you get a test ride from? Both Dhone and Raisoni don't have trial bikes yet. Is there another dealer here?
Old 29th November 2009, 14:28   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RE is going to launch there international models here.

They will launch Electra in 350 UCE (TBTS engine) and 500 UCE EFI

Bullet electra classic will be launched as Machismo 500 but a carbed version.
That is great news. I hope they will retain the 19" wheels.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:16   #822
BHPian

18" is in a way better, we most of us are running our bikes (Read all Enfields) on 18" since long time and have done rides like Ladhak and what not, have participated in dirt races and rallys, people have won competitions and have done lots of iron butting and all of that on 18".

I personally moved to 18" on my LB 500 only to reduce the height, i had already done a lot on that but another 1" reduction was necessary. and it certainly served the purpose.

However, most important reason when, where and why some of us in Royal Enfield owners community started moving to 18" is because of wide range of tyres available in market of 18" size. and for different purpose as well, be it dirt racing or off-roading or just touring, the available choice were much better in 18" and the bike did really well with those.

Needless to say that this is the most common modification now a days!!!
Old 30th November 2009, 21:48   #823
Senior - BHPian

^I am not looking at it from ride/ handling point of view.

The seat height of classic is less and the handle bar width is more.

I found the riding position of Electra/ Machismo more comfortable as I am 6'2" tall. So, I hope there wont be any change in this regard.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:26   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserman View Post
Where in Pune did you get a test ride from? Both Dhone and Raisoni don't have trial bikes yet. Is there another dealer here?
Ahh, that's a typo. Actually that was a "pre-delivery ride" on my own bike. I will get it delivered this week after all paper work is done.

I was about to get it today, but HDFC is saying I am not eligible to get finance for CL500 as I am not "30 years old". I was like ROFL.
I own a 1400CC car, I had owned Standard 350, I've got loan approved for LB500 and I am not matured enough for CL500?
I believe per them I would not be able to handle UCE and FI

Anyway, I am trying loan from some other bank. As HDFC will take few more days to reduce age limit to 25. I wonder why we get DL at the age of 18. :-)
Old 1st December 2009, 08:31   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Ahh, that's a typo. Actually that was a "pre-delivery ride" on my own bike. I will get it delivered this week after all paper work is done.

I was about to get it today, but HDFC is saying I am not eligible to get finance for CL500 as I am not "30 years old". I was like ROFL.
I own a 1400CC car, I had owned Standard 350, I've got loan approved for LB500 and I am not matured enough for CL500?
I believe per them I would not be able to handle UCE and FI

Anyway, I am trying loan from some other bank. As HDFC will take few more days to reduce age limit to 25. I wonder why we get DL at the age of 18. :-)
The reason given by HDFC sure is very funny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks