quote]

Which RE?

Cheers,

Jay
Old 29th October 2009, 08:38   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Hardcore buleteers are cribbing here in chandigarh,as classic is not a tourer,and would require some decent mods to be one.
its more of a city slicker in factory trim.
Hi Akshay, why is the Classic not good for touring? What mods are we looking at even after spending 1.5 lacs
Old 29th October 2009, 11:50   #453
BANNED

We have a confused group of folks here.

The Classic is new wine in an old bottle.

The engine is newer, better build and techonologically much much more advanced then the old push rod engine.

We like the look of the Bullet so that's retained and we need a better engine then what has been provided for decades now.

Everything has a lifespan, the CI has lived its time and quite well at that too.

Its now time to bring in the new.

I have been cribbing quality for years now. RE has delivered and it looks like its a great move.

I am going to buy one, why because I like to ride. Period. Not worry about bits and pieces falling off or failing at the most inappropriate time. (Please no discussion on reliability here, its been done with, this line is "MY" experience. Lets leave it at that).

Also presently there is no better bike in that price range that i can afford and do what the UCE EFI can deliver.

For the folks calling the UCE not a "Bullet". Who told them it was meant to be?

To end. Get a bike for yourself to ride to explore to understand what riding is all about.

For me my bike is like the wings to a bird.

Last edited by Spitfire : 29th October 2009 at 11:53.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:44   #454
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Post, I agree completely with what Spitfire has said.

Hardcore bulleteers have always ridiculed any forward steps that RE has taken, be it the Electra or the TB.

Anyways to each his own. I for one love the Classic.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:51   #455
Team-BHP Support

When a RE bike crashes on the highway. there are only 3 things that happen.

1. Bike is Good, You are Good.
2. Bike is damaged slightly, You are injured slightly.
3. Bike is badly damaged and so are you.

Never seen the bike in bad shape with a rider in a good shape.

The UCE can do that.
Its a highway bike as far as I can see.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:27   #456
Senior - BHPian

Lovely post Spitfire. RE has realised that if it does not change its engine, it will be out of business in the long term.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:09   #457
BHPian

Agree totally with Spitfire. Even I'm planning to sell off my year old Lb 500 and go in for the UCE 500. We all could do with more reliability and better acceleration/ more torque. And it looks really good too. Just hope it retains the 19 inches wheels.

Price wise, looking at the Ninja 250, the Bull's really reasonable. But then that's a whole different argument alltogether....
Old 29th October 2009, 15:11   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
We have a confused group of folks here.

The Classic is new wine in an old bottle.

The engine is newer, better build and techonologically much much more advanced then the old push rod engine.

We like the look of the Bullet so that's retained and we need a better engine then what has been provided for decades now.

Everything has a lifespan, the CI has lived its time and quite well at that too.

Its now time to bring in the new.

I have been cribbing quality for years now. RE has delivered and it looks like its a great move.

I am going to buy one, why because I like to ride. Period. Not worry about bits and pieces falling off or failing at the most inappropriate time. (Please no discussion on reliability here, its been done with, this line is "MY" experience. Lets leave it at that).

Also presently there is no better bike in that price range that i can afford and do what the UCE EFI can deliver.

For the folks calling the UCE not a "Bullet". Who told them it was meant to be?

To end. Get a bike for yourself to ride to explore to understand what riding is all about.

For me my bike is like the wings to a bird.

I completely agree with it, when i was buying 500 LB a lot of people argued upon "it" not being a proper bullet, i think its not true, it does everything what a 350 could do , and more except for just one thing, and i think it wasn't just the thump what made a bullet the bullet, in the same way the new classic EFI. i think its completely worth it, and like you said its an old wine in a new bullet i just cant wait to taste it..

Happy riding !!

Last edited by blurust : 29th October 2009 at 15:12.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:35   #459
BHPian

The UCE 500 EFI is what has me interested in the new bike, it is a magnet - no doubt about it. Who doesn't want performance, gimme more I say. But the Classic styling doesn't do it for me, the Electra Deluxe UCE 500 EFI pushes all the right buttons. Waiting in line for the Classic I am not, waiting on the sidelines for the Electra Deluxe I am. I hope the boffins at RE are listening.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:21   #460
Senior - BHPian

Well....

I'm all for the Classic if it delivers on its promises. Hardcore "Bulleteers" be damned, I am more interested in a RE bike that will be more efficient, does not leak oil and is more comfortable. Guys who say that a Bullet is not a Bullet if it does not leak oil are well, plain, well dumb. Also, if phasing out the CI engine gives us more efficient and wholesome machines, I say why not. Like someone here said, then we should all have been making intercontinental flights on old bi-planes with canvas wings!

I'm infact happy that RE has finally taken a BIG step towards real progress with its engines. Maybe the threat of the Harley put the fear into them.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:30   #461
Senior - BHPian

Even though I completely agree with your views (I made the plane comment), lets prevent a sure-shot war and talk just about the Classic.

Any chance anyone else got a test drive?

Gurus, would the advent of EFI mean no more thigh exercise every morning?
Old 29th October 2009, 23:00   #462
BHPian

I am in total agreement with Spitfire

Every once in while a company needs to make radical decisions, (an ex. would be the Harley Davidson VRod) so often offending the so called purists. !!

Lets face it guys a company needs to survive, for this they need to evolve and forgo (some) legacy, look at HD, Norton, Triumph etc. every one of those legends have moved on, so its time for RE to do the same. A mix of a modern engine with the retro looks is the right way forward.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:26   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Hi Akshay, why is the Classic not good for touring? What mods are we looking at even after spending 1.5 lacs
Engine is a GEM thumbs up for that.
No offence to hardcore buleteers but CI is a water pump and i ride one.

but some things like,single seat,low seating, and all need to be looked into before you take her out on open roads.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:34   #464
BHPian

I checked with a reliable source at RE today and he confirms that the UCE 500 will be with 18 inch tyres.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:41   #465
Senior - BHPian

Awww fudge.

Please! Some confirmation.

@Akshay

I do believe that a pillion seat is available. I do not know how well it'd fit under tourer bags.

I also don't see any eye-holes that could be used to tie stuff on the bike. Perhaps a magnetic bag for the tank is the only option.

But then, a lot of these problems are faced with most bikes. Most of the things can be countered.

Until one drives it, it'd be impossible to comment on how it'd behave as a tourer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks