Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 14:11   #241
BHPian

Re: Enfield Queries

I have booked a electra 350cc and its due of delivery in couple of months ( can change the model and waiting period will change accordingly)

But my mind is swaying between all the three models.
I want somethings clarified.

I basically want the 350cc engine with the electra tank, sides panels like TB, seat like thunderbird (even single bucket seat will do), tires like the CL, painted mudguard like the CL, headlight cap like CL.

There is no possibility of getting such a combination out of the showroom.
So which bike should i buy so that its closer to having what I imagine to have with least expense.

Does all bullets sit on the same frame?
Are all parts on the 3 models inter changeable?
Old 14th March 2012, 15:10   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
What does TPS stand for?
Also can you please provide a link for Mr. Gurunandan's site?
TPS - Throttle position sensor
Nandan's website: Nandanmotors : Homepage
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 16:00   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I
There is no possibility of getting such a combination out of the showroom.
So which bike should i buy so that its closer to having what I imagine to have with least expense.

Does all bullets sit on the same frame?
Are all parts on the 3 models inter changeable?
The best would be to customize your motorcycle.
As far as i know all bullets have the same chassis so there should not be a problem of interchanging the parts. The dealer will help you in that. But the problem will be to find a buyer for the brand new parts that you will replace. The dealer would scrape you and maybe buy at a negligible price. Or you can keep them and restore your motorcycle when you are tired of the modified look. Maybe..
Old 14th March 2012, 16:18   #244
BHPian

My Classic 350's delivery is due this month and I have a question, similar in the lines of the one from Visaster, although my requirement is way simpler.

I do not like the "Royal Enfield" sticker on the petrol tank and would prefer something like the one on Electra/Thunderbird. When I asked this while booking, the dealer said I might be able to remove the sticker from the classic. But not the latter part.

Is there anyone who can confirm this or otherwise?
Old 14th March 2012, 16:50   #245
BHPian

Fellow Bulleters, Need an advice.
I own a STD 350 CI [2008], until last week it had the long stock silencer which gives a mild thump. I was not happy with it and decided to change it to short bottle for a better thump.

I tried few OE short bottle silencers and didn't get much difference in thump compared to the long one. I don't want to have goldie on STD 350, as it doesnt give a perfect look. One other reason for not getting goldie is as i have it in my electra 350 [CI].

So after some search i got a short bottle [Indore] silencer, i am very happy with the crisp and loud thump it gives. But i feel the bull is getting strained a bit to move freely compared to riding with long stock silencer.
But i can feel the speeds that i can do are same with both the silencers.

can someone tell what can be the reason for this slight drag after changing the silencer ? , if there is some reason what can be done to solve it ?
will it be back to smooth and free ride after riding it with the new silencer for a while ?
or is it only "me" feeling the drag because of the new loud crisp thump which i did not hear it in the past with the long silencer.

Last edited by BulZire : 14th March 2012 at 16:58.
Old 14th March 2012, 20:17   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
What does TPS stand for?
Also can you please provide a link for Mr. Gurunandan's site?
Jeeva has said it but still here is the direct link to ignition timing adjustment :
The Bullet: Mystries & Myths - Ignition Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, I was getting acquainted with the controls of my son's new RE Classic 500. With great difficulty, I was able to open and close battery cover and fuse/ECU box. However, I could half-open the utility box after applying pressure. I was afraid of exerting brutal pressure and ending up with broken lid within 3 days of purchase! Is it designed to open only half-way through or I am yet to learn the art of opening the utility box? Apart from this, everything is fine with the new bike.
The utility box opens up to 90 degrees and comes to rest on top of the bolt holding the rear foot pegs. In order to avoid the bolt biting into the cover, I usually fold up the foot peg so that the open cover rests on the rubber of the foot peg.

Regards Adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 11:45   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I do not like the "Royal Enfield" sticker on the petrol tank and would prefer something like the one on Electra/Thunderbird. When I asked this while booking, the dealer said I might be able to remove the sticker from the classic. But not the latter part.
Is there anyone who can confirm this or otherwise?
It is not a possibility to remove the sticker on the tank.
You can trade your tank with the Electra tank.
Even I don't prefer that white sticker on the tank of a CL.

I clearly don't want to customize with anything other than OEM on a new bike.
I just want all the company fittings but in a different combination than what they provide in India.

All I want is everything an Electra 350 has but the seat and side panels changed into TB, Mudguards and tires of a CL350

Is it a possibility and what are all the parts I might need to do the changes and the cost of the same.
Old 15th March 2012, 18:30   #248
BHPian

Has anyone fitted lighter point for mobile charging in new cl500.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:17   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Fellow Bulleters, can someone tell what can be the reason for this slight drag after changing the silencer ? , if there is some reason what can be done to solve it ?
will it be back to smooth and free ride after riding it with the new silencer for a while ?
or is it only "me" feeling the drag because of the new loud crisp thump which i did not hear it in the past with the long silencer.
With an open exhaust, you need to put in larger jets in your carburetor. The bike is hesitating /feeling strained because of lack of fuel. Take help from a good tuner...........this would be a hit and try method. Good luck !!
bradhey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 19:55   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
All I want is everything an Electra 350 has but the seat and side panels changed into TB, Mudguards and tires of a CL350

Is it a possibility and what are all the parts I might need to do the changes and the cost of the same.
Hey, you and I share the same thoughts. Well almost!

I love the retro look of the electra/CL, but I bought the TBTS because comfort was the most important factor for me, and this was the only bike so far on which I did not get any pain (which I get within 20 minutes of riding any other bike).

But I am just waiting for all the small issues that I have on my bike to be resolved, so that I can make my bike look like what I have in mind.

This is what I have in mind:

Pic1:
Comfort and practicality of TBTS, look and feel of STD/electra (mudguard is from machismo as it is a direct fit for electra/TBTS. For CL/STD it is different)

Pic2:
This is an image I got off the net, I plan to do the same thing, but Ill replace the ammeter with a fuel gauge.

You can put the CL350 front mudguard, if you dont want the fork sleeves.
For rear mudguard, you will have to weld your electra seat to the new mudguard. TB panels will fit but I am not sure if the mounting points would be the same.

If you were in Bangalore, we both could have tried it out!
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-tbts_with_chrome_mudguard_side_box.jpg  

Royal Enfield Queries-tacho.jpg  

datvichrox2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 15:18   #251
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Is it possible to lower the ride height of an Electra without altering the frame of the bike by changing the shocks, tires and any other thing that is necessary to achieve a lower ride height.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th March 2012, 15:30   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Fellow Bulleters, Need an advice.
I own a STD 350 CI [2008], until last week it had the long stock silencer which gives a mild thump. I was not happy with it and decided to change it to short bottle for a better thump.

I tried few OE short bottle silencers and didn't get much difference in thump compared to the long one. I don't want to have goldie on STD 350, as it doesnt give a perfect look. One other reason for not getting goldie is as i have it in my electra 350 [CI].

So after some search i got a short bottle [Indore] silencer, i am very happy with the crisp and loud thump it gives. But i feel the bull is getting strained a bit to move freely compared to riding with long stock silencer.
But i can feel the speeds that i can do are same with both the silencers.

can someone tell what can be the reason for this slight drag after changing the silencer ? , if there is some reason what can be done to solve it ?

Bulzire,

Having experimented with all type of mufflers and pipes on my CI Electra and 96' 500, all I can say is, the stock one you have on your Std is the best. I had used it for a while on my 350 and it gave me the right amount of the smoothness and power although the sound was a bit low.
Regarding the change you have made, it is only a matter of time and the engine will get used to the new set up and should smoothen out. I am not sure which exhaust is called the Indore muffler. I am guessing it is the long neck, short bottle one which is used on the short bend pipes. The same upswept ones that are an optional fit on the Classics when purchased, except this is straigh and not upswept.
If it is the same one, it is the perfect replacement for the stock exhaust as it give a good exhaust note over time as well as smoother power delivery.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 21:14   #253
BHPian

I am trying to procure a handlebar mount inductive tachometer for my bullet. All you have to do is clamp it on your handle bar and twist the input wire around the spark plug wire. For the power supply to the tach, you will have to tap the battery power. The advantage of inductive tach is that you don't have to cut into the ignition wiring. Can anybody comment on its availability in India ?
Regards Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-tacho.jpg  

Last edited by adrian : 17th March 2012 at 21:15.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:35   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I am guessing it is the long neck, short bottle one which is used on the short bend pipes. The same upswept ones that are an optional fit on the Classics when purchased, except this is straigh and not upswept.
If it is the same one, it is the perfect replacement for the stock exhaust as it give a good exhaust note over time as well as smoother power delivery.
tharian, your guessed it right. its the same one.
now i am feeling it smoother and increase in power.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:57   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
This is what I have in mind:

Pic1:
Comfort and practicality of TBTS, look and feel of STD/electra (mudguard is from machismo as it is a direct fit for electra/TBTS. For CL/STD it is different)

You can put the CL350 front mudguard, if you dont want the fork sleeves.
For rear mudguard, you will have to weld your electra seat to the new mudguard. TB panels will fit but I am not sure if the mounting points would be the same.

If you were in Bangalore, we both could have tried it out!
So you say its a possibility of mixing and matching parts from different models.
That's a breather.
The bike on Pic1 looks and feels good.
I want something like that, but may be with the regular electra tank.

Please keep me updated on your research, we can share ideas to get optimum results of what we want out of our bikes.

Any idea where this bike is ? It will be nice if I could see it in flesh.

So its basically a TBTS with just the Headlight console, side panels and muguards changed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks