Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:22   #196
BHPian

Extra Lights for RE Classic 500 CC

Hello Guys,

Need some help here..

This December end I am planning for Jaipur ride. I want to get 2 extra lights (installed on crash guard) + 1 Fog light (installed below number plate), so that I can have better visibility at night.

Also the current HL is not that powerful and want to put in a high powers or halogen bulbs.

While researching I found few things,
1. I can use good LED's (like Luxeon 5w led) for secondary lights. Which does not stress battery + would have good brightness on road. -- This option sounds good, but need experts comment.

2. Regarding Fog light, did not find much information or any alternative. Need recommendations.

3. Read lots of biased reviews on main headlamp. Confused

Want to know how much I would land-up spending?
Another thing, I do not want to alter much (almost nothing) to fit these.

Appreciate your thoughts on these..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the search function before creating a new thread as a related topic/thread might already exist. Your thread was merged into this thread to keep all Bullet queries in a single place. Thanks !

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd December 2011 at 14:43.
Old 2nd December 2011, 07:41   #197
BHPian

Re: Enfield Queries

What is the difference between 110/90 - 18 (CL350) and 120/80 - 18 (CL500) rear tyres? I know what the numbers mean, I would like to know the functional differences between the two.
Old 2nd December 2011, 07:56   #198
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_gr8est1 View Post
What is the difference between 110/90 - 18 (CL350) and 120/80 - 18 (CL500) rear tyres? I know what the numbers mean, I would like to know the functional differences between the two.
Here is the answer for the same question of yours in another thread.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 2nd December 2011 at 07:57.

Old 2nd December 2011, 08:22   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_gr8est1 View Post
More specifically, I would like to know the functional difference between having an aspect ratio of 80 as compared to 90 with the corresponding difference in width.

(I have an early 80's 350 and want a tyre upgrade. Hence the question.)
neo_gr8est1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 14:42   #200
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I was not able to make a decision for my brother for Enfield Bullet ( original Black with drum brakes ) or Bullet Electra or Thunderbird. He has ruled out Classic models.
Few questions..
1. How good is the Bullet Twinspark ( Black and Drum ).
2. Seating wise is Thunderbird any better than Electra ?
3. Is there is any major difference in terms of quality with Electra and other from bikes from RE.

Mods please move this to appropriate thread if it doesn't fit here.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:45   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Hi Guys,
I was not able to make a decision for my brother for Enfield Bullet ( original Black with drum brakes ) or Bullet Electra or Thunderbird. He has ruled out Classic models.
Few questions..
1. How good is the Bullet Twinspark ( Black and Drum ).
2. Seating wise is Thunderbird any better than Electra ?
3. Is there is any major difference in terms of quality with Electra and other from bikes from RE.

Mods please move this to appropriate thread if it doesn't fit here.
I own a TBTS and would say that riding it will be more comfortable especially for tall guys but for others as well and electra too is a good bike, TBTS has a cruiser look which is one if its kind in RE wherein Electra is standard RE model

not much difference in terms of quality since the engine is same across all 349 cc
Old 24th December 2011, 02:01   #202
BHPian

This one for the Bull experts out there. I own a 78 Bullet 350. While ripping onto a flyover, I felt that the bike was choking. But again when I climbed the flyover on a slowspeed the bike was acting normal. While ripping on flat roads, the Bull has no issues. What can be the problem??? I am suspecting airfilter or even adulterated fuel. Any suggestions guys???
Old 24th December 2011, 10:29   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
I am suspecting airfilter or even adulterated fuel
No expert, though with the ^^ I suspect the bike is running lean.
Check the color around the spark plug contact points. Ideally, it should be brownish/dark grey.

Last edited by jeeva : 24th December 2011 at 10:30.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 17:14   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
No expert, though with the ^^ I suspect the bike is running lean.
Check the color around the spark plug contact points. Ideally, it should be brownish/dark grey.
If it is running lean, then shouldn't the bike choke while it is being ripped (driven in high speeds) on flat roads??? But on flat roads, it behaves normally...
Old 25th December 2011, 13:00   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
This one for the Bull experts out there. I own a 78 Bullet 350. While ripping onto a flyover, I felt that the bike was choking. But again when I climbed the flyover on a slowspeed the bike was acting normal. While ripping on flat roads, the Bull has no issues. What can be the problem??? I am suspecting airfilter or even adulterated fuel. Any suggestions guys???
Lee,
Just do a simple plug check, you'll know if she;s running lean. Are you running a Points ignition? Timing's probably a bit off.

Cheers,
Rahul

PS: We're yet to catch up in Pune man!!!
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 19:46   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Lee,
Just do a simple plug check, you'll know if she;s running lean. Are you running a Points ignition? Timing's probably a bit off.

Cheers,
Rahul

PS: We're yet to catch up in Pune man!!!

Yup, she is still running on points. Will check that too man.
We have to meet up man, I know. Any time after Jan 1. Let this new year craziness be over!!!
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:17   #207
BHPian

Weird problem with std 350

Hello Gurus,
I have a weird problem which started happening today.

Mine is a '93 Std 350, CI, points.
I am riding at around 50kph, in 4th gear. Between throttles, all of a sudden I feel as if I am going along in Neutral, and in two minutes, it comes back to normal.
Noticed this happening a couple of times over the last two days.

This morning, it just went wayward once -- bike started to feel as if in Neutral, and the throttle just went on to the max( sounding like revving to max when in neutral), like when the accelerator cable gets broken. Had to pull over and shut down the bike using the ignition key because the decompression lever wouldnt stop it.

Checked the accelerator cable and it was fine. With Ignition switched off, tried a kick and it felt ok. Started the bike and it is back to normal.

Last week, the screw had come off on the Neutral finder, and got it removed and refitted with the mech. This might be going wrong again, but I specifically remember the Neutral finder in the right position for 4th gear when this happened.

I feel like somehow the gearbox is falsely engaging Neutral. But that did not make sense about the noise and the throttle going on like the cable was cut.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong ?

Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 20:04   #208
BHPian

Hello everyone.
i want to fit a tachon in bullet std.Is there any way to use?????
Old 20th January 2012, 10:02   #209
BHPian

Re: Weird problem with std 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
...like when the accelerator cable gets broken. Had to pull over and shut down the bike using the ignition key because the decompression lever wouldnt stop it.

Checked the accelerator cable and it was fine...
This might sound trivial, but check if something like another cable was interfering with the free play of the throttle cable and plate. This had happened to me once on a Pulsar where, after taking a speedbreaker at some speed, the bike just kept accelerating despite shutting off the throttle (now its quite a bone-chilling few moments when you're accelerating uncontrollably beyond 80kph and you DONT have a quick shutoff mechanism like the decomp or engine kill switch). It turned out that a branch of the wiring harness had come under the throttle plate (the flat segment that turns on the carb when you operate the throttle) due to the jump at the speeedbreaker, and had wedged the throttle wide open!
Simply insulation-taped the harness back to the frame, and its never happened again.

Just thought it might help to relate this incident. Its quite surprising how we often look around for hi-tech solutions when a simple answer lies right at our feet.

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 21st January 2012, 02:43   #210
BHPian

@thetjatt, second off bottom on this link:

Hitchcocks Motorcycles - Instruments
elan23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks