Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 00:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Are you also carrying out decarbonising work?
just scrubbed it off.
then used WD40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
By non standard do u mean non OEM?
How do we distinguish between the two??
i dont know the exact details but the fit-finish-material is quit different from OE head.
(due to my DIY stunt i managed to damage threads of 3 rocker studs so will try to fix them before starting the thread)
Old 13th November 2010, 19:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

a AVL+UCE hybrid!!

dose any one have any information about this bike?
source:Thumpers and Rockers
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-pa090003.jpg  

Old 13th November 2010, 21:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
a AVL+UCE hybrid!!

dose any one have any information about this bike?
source:Thumpers and Rockers
this bike is royal enfield with new model cylinder head. it has cbz tank and side panels. bajaj pulsar head light. the fornt fairing of bullet has been modified to make the adjustment of headlight. indicators are of yamaha fz. seat is custom made and rear mudguard is of bajaj caliber or ct 100
Old 14th November 2010, 10:34   #64
BHPian

The similar link also mentions
"LB500 crank and gearbox with C5 head"
Old 14th November 2010, 19:51   #65
BHPian

My bull seems to be running out of fuel more often. Normally 4 litres is enought for 4 to 5 days (I do around 25-30 kms per day). But in last week alone the Bull ran out of fuel twice. The fuel line is not leaking and no one can steal fuel from my bull cos I store it in a secure garage. What can be the problem? Help me out guys!!!
Old 14th November 2010, 21:06   #66
Senior - BHPian

first do a proper servicing of your bullet.
  • carburetor cleaning & setting
  • CB points timing adjustment
  • spark plug gap adjustment
  • & check for the petrol adulteration (it can happen)
regards,
Nikhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
this bike is royal enfield with new model cylinder head. it has cbz tank and side panels. bajaj pulsar head light. the fornt fairing of bullet has been modified to make the adjustment of headlight. indicators are of yamaha fz. seat is custom made and rear mudguard is of bajaj caliber or ct 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
The similar link also mentions
"LB500 crank and gearbox with C5 head"
i know that.
but dose any one know the purpose & out come of such experiment?
power , torque figures?

Last edited by jeepster : 14th November 2010 at 21:16.
Old 14th November 2010, 23:27   #67
BHPian

Exhaust Pipe Leakage!!

Hi all,
Sorry If I am cutting someone down, & sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I have a 1000 kilometer ridden electra UCE & in the desparation to get the bull affect of having an intense base to the note of the stroke, I swapped the stock set-up of the exhaust with an aftermarket goldstar silencer by Sans Inc. Violla, the note now is amazing with a depth that I wanted forever, however I have this following issue. When I took this piece of exhaust system to the mechanic, he politely declined & expressed his inability to be able to fix it due to the circumference of the exhaust being bigger than that of the bend pipe. As per him, there was going to be a sure leakage regardless of any workarounds. This was Khasim bullet garage on ORR close to the hebbal area in Bangalore. Since, it couldnt be done there, he fitted the stock set-up back in the place. With some hope & to get a second opinion when i took it to anwar bullet garage in byatrayanpura, he fitted the exhaust without any complaint. Note that this exhaust has been on for more than a few days now, today I heard some pooping sound off the exhaust intermittently accompanied by a not so smooth & irregular thump off the bull. It seemed like an obvious leakage & I confirmed it by placing my hand underneath the joint that connects the bend pipe & the silencer, & could feel the pressure of air leak. This fitment has a copper/brass look-like hose on the top of the joint which I think is to hold the exhaust in the place. The mechanic also put a few thin metal strips while the time of fitting to fill in the gap between the pipe & the silencer. I believe this gap w/o any packing is originally around a centimeter pr around. Any pros or cons for this leakage ??? Any recommendations to fix the leak and any light on probable workaround will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Vig.
Old 14th November 2010, 23:28   #68
BHPian

I am facing a strange handling issue in my RE 2006 thunderbird. Something seems to be getting dragged while driving as though the wheel/chain/front dics are touching the tyres unintentionally.
If I put it in neutral and do a bit of rolling this effect is pretty much visible as the bike does not do a free rolling and comes to a halt after sometime.Tried checking if the tyres are touching the mudguards or the chain is getting stuck somewhere but did not find anything.

Any pointers?
Old 15th November 2010, 07:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post
he politely declined & expressed his inability to be able to fix it due to the circumference of the exhaust being bigger than that of the bend pipe.
It seemed like an obvious leakage & I confirmed it by placing my hand underneath the joint that connects the bend pipe & the silencer, & could feel the pressure of air leak.
- Vig.

as you can see in above pic just weld a another piece of pipe on bend pipe.

or simply ask the maker sans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Tried checking if the tyres are touching the mudguards or the chain is getting stuck somewhere but did not find anything.
just park your bike on main stand, & check if the tyres are move freely by your hand, if not then you need to change the wleel bearings in the drums.

also if rear tyre is misaligned it can rub on the swing-arm
Old 1st December 2010, 13:45   #70

Bullet Mechanics with Electrical Expertise

Hi,
I am re-posting my query in this forum because I did not get any responses from the Bullet Mechanics forum. People seem to be active in here. So please help me with my situation.

I plan to change my stock indicator assembly using a custom made LED assembly. This is not just replacing the existing bulbs with LED bulbs. My custom assembly comes with its own circuit and custom wiring. I would like to get this job done by a Bullet mechanic who as sound knowledge of its electricals.

Please let me know if know anyone who can help me with this.

Other details:
  • Bike: Electra 5s 2009 model.

Original post.

HELP!

Regards
./C
Old 1st December 2010, 19:01   #71
BHPian

Fuel is coming out of my bull's fuel tank cap. I thought it must be the damaged "rubber-thingy" in the fuel tank cap, so I changed it. Still it was leaking, so I got a new fuel tank cap, then also it is leaking. Any ideas about why it's happening guys???
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolToddy View Post
I plan to change my stock indicator assembly using a custom made LED assembly. This is not just replacing the existing bulbs with LED bulbs. My custom assembly comes with its own circuit and custom wiring. I would like to get this job done by a Bullet mechanic who as sound knowledge of its electricals.
99% bullet mechanic know about the stock wiring & some JUGAD.

the LED's, resistor, diodes is a alien thing for them.
so i think you will have to DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
I got a new fuel tank cap, then also it is leaking. Any ideas about why it's happening guys?
if possible post some pictures.

all old type fuel tank caps leak.
Royal Enfield Queries-large141368andback.jpg

Royal Enfield Queries-large15941andb.jpg
only new gen tank with following cap do not leak as much as the old ones.

but if the tank is full then all tanks will leak.
Royal Enfield Queries-large92595andback.jpg

Last edited by jeepster : 2nd December 2010 at 22:59.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:09   #73
BHPian

Jeepster, is the new tank cap a direct fit on old fuel tanks???
Old 3rd December 2010, 07:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Jeepster, is the new tank cap a direct fit on old fuel tanks???
no you will have to buy new tank for that.

or other way is get a scraped hero honda tank, cut out the cap fitting area & weld to your old tank.
and just buy a OE hero honda fuel cap & you are done.

its a cheaper way if your old tank is in good condition.

Royal Enfield Queries-dsc02536.jpg
Old 16th March 2011, 11:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: Enfield Queries

I plan to buy a new battery, so is it possible to install the big battery that come with the newer bikes? Yes, I'll need to change the battery cover and battery bracket obviously. but apart from these, is there any complication or is it just a simple just-fit-it-and-forget-it job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks