Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 19:24   #931
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks so much for the quick reply with your TD experience, Carfreak (btw, that congrats message was sent to you from the phone and when I log in from the comp- Voila!). Clean, simple and informative report mate.

What does surprise me however is that you being 6'2" still choose this car, given it's cabin. On inspecting the stationary car, my impression was that it was a car suitable for families without tall people.

One reason I wasn't really serious about this car was because of the cabin not feeling spacious enough even with me being 2" shorter than you (and well, also because that I fell in love - with the Optra Magnum ). I do intend to take a TD even though I give myself less than 1% chance for going for this one.

Thanks again @Carfreak, especially for the promptness.
You are very welcome Poitive! Yes, the cabin does not feel really spacious but since I will be driving the car almost all the time, I decided to go for it. Also, I am the only one in the family this tall, rest are around 5'8". Even if you have made up your mind for the Optra Magnum, I suggest you take a TD of this as you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Do they have reading light attachment available as standard accessory?

Yes, they do have a reading light available as an accessory. I would have preferred one that would come on when the doors are opened though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya79 View Post
Many Congrats, Sugeeta and Carfreak77.

I asked them for a TD and to my surprise, I was told that the Diesel would be available for TD only after mid August
Thank you! Well, I too did ask SC Ford for a TD but they told me the same thing. Apparently they have got less than 10 cars from Ford so they can't offer a TD now. So, I went to AVK Ford and took a TD. Suggest you do the same!
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:32   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
You are very welcome Poitive! Yes, the cabin does not feel really spacious but since I will be driving the car almost all the time, I decided to go for it. Also, I am the only one in the family this tall, rest are around 5'8". Even if you have made up your mind for the Optra Magnum, I suggest you take a TD of this as you will love it!
Thanks carfreak77. We were discussing you even on this thread.

Without really having plans for one today, I ended up TD the NFF today. Will put up a report on the Spacious Diesel Sedans thread and on the Driven! thread as I have been doing for other cars (and post a link here); when time (and reasonable focus) allows (not as quick as you mate :( ).

In the meantime -> Did you too feel a humm like sound/vibration at various times? It was a bit annoying and lead to fatigue for me. Had I seriously been considering this car, it was a potential deal-breaker for me. Since you have booked your car, though I should get it to your notice, just in case you want to TD it again. I also felt a tiny bit of 'delayed power' a few times.

The NFF felt impressive in many ways too. More of that in the TD report.

Partly OT: @CArfreak77 - Just in case you haven't TD the Optra, given your height, you must do so (even if you have booked the NFF). And don't let that body-roll on the Optra fool you. It is a good handler in my books (even if many others disagree). The body does roll, however it obeys commands pretty well. Will be writing a comparo sometime on those threads mentioned above, sometime.
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:20   #933
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
No discounts are being offered on the NFS anywhere in Delhi on any of the variants.

All dealerships are holding respectable number of bookings. Not anything to compare with the 35000 odd as in Verna's case, but in three figures at least (per dealer).
Ford has 200 dealers or so, countrywide...
Suppose all of these dealers have 100 bookings each, then it would add up to 20,000 bookings.

But I doubt if Ford dealers around the country have three figures bookings on an average. Will be great, if they do.

Last edited by PYSO : 22nd July 2011 at 06:21.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:30   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Ford has 200 dealers or so, countrywide...
Suppose all of these dealers have 100 bookings each, then it would add up to 20,000 bookings.

But I doubt if Ford dealers around the country have three figures bookings on an average. Will be great, if they do.
PYSO, I was talking of the Delhi Dealers.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:42   #935
Senior - BHPian

I had checked with Chennai Ford last week and they confirmed 50+ bookings which are confirmed!
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:30   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive

Without really having plans for one today, I ended up TD the NFF today. Will put up a report on the Spacious Diesel Sedans thread and on the Driven! thread as I have been doing for other cars (and post a link here); when time (and reasonable focus) allows (not as quick as you mate :( ).

In the meantime -> Did you too feel a humm like sound/vibration at various times? It was a bit annoying and lead to fatigue for me. Had I seriously been considering this car, it was a potential deal-breaker for me. Since you have booked your car, though I should get it to your notice, just in case you want to TD it again. I also felt a tiny bit of 'delayed power' a few times.

The NFF felt impressive in many ways too. More of that in the TD report.

Partly OT: @CArfreak77 - Just in case you haven't TD the Optra, given your height, you must do so (even if you have booked the NFF). And don't let that body-roll on the Optra fool you. It is a good handler in my books (even if many others disagree). The body does roll, however it obeys commands pretty well. Will be writing a comparo sometime on those threads mentioned above, sometime.
Woah! Didnt know I was being discussed on the other thread too! Looking forward to your TD report, and no need to hurry mate I can wait
Regarding the humming sound, well that's very strange. I did not get any such sound in the car I TD. Maybe it's something specific to the car you TD. I agree there was a very tiny bit of delayed power sometimes particularly when picking up speed from second gear. But I did not find it to be too much of a problem. I hope it goes away after the engine is run-in. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your views and I have already contacted the dealer for another TD in a couple of days!
Yes, since you suggest I will also TD the optra in a day or two.
Thanks a lot Poitive, you are always really helpful! Cheers!!
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:07   #937
Senior - BHPian

Ford India answers questions on the 2011 Ford Fiesta | DWS Auto India
Quote:
There were three questions that we wanted Ford to respond to during our interaction with the Ford India marketing director Nigel Wark and the general manager for product development,
Quote:
Ford says this target customer is one who enjoys driving and is ready for a global product, which is why the company brought in the global Fiesta. The target customer is aged between 28 and 35, is a multiple-car owner, and is well-settled in life and career, with a small family perhaps.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:19   #938
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Poitive !
Am back on the forum after a while. The intial price shock is now settled to quite an extent. I have not cancelled my booking, but have put it on hold. The TD vehicles for Dehradun should be there by next week, so hope to do a TD soon... meanwhile, eagerly looking forward to your TD report
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:41   #939
Senior - BHPian

Dont know if this has been posted. ACI road-test is out and here are the figures (for petrol)

0-60 : 5.63 secs
0-100: 12.80 secs
20-80 kmph is 3rd gear: 14.84 secs
40-100 kmph in 4th gear: 22.52 secs

City FE: 10.8 kmpl
Highway: 16.2 kmpl
Old 23rd July 2011, 03:14   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Dont know if this has been posted. ACI road-test is out and here are the figures (for petrol)

Mate, any idea about the diesel figures? These don't really sound too good for a driver's car.

If any Honda guys are reading this - Get some TD's on a 10mm upsize on tyres. You may get some more clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Woah! Didnt know I was being discussed on the other thread too! Looking forward to your TD report, and no need to hurry mate I can wait
Regarding the humming sound, well that's very strange. I did not get any such sound in the car I TD. Maybe it's something specific to the car you TD. I agree there was a very tiny bit of delayed power sometimes particularly when picking up speed from second gear. But I did not find it to be too much of a problem. I hope it goes away after the engine is run-in. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your views and I have already contacted the dealer for another TD in a couple of days!
Yes, since you suggest I will also TD the optra in a day or two.
Thanks a lot Poitive, you are always really helpful! Cheers!!
We discussed you as you are as tall as you are (6'2") and still opting for the NFF

I hope the sound was only because of some issue in the TD vehicle and not across the board. If I were in your shoes, I'd try the TD from a different dealer if possible. Do update us with your views after the second TD, mate.

Appreciate your being open to trying a new car, despite having paid your booking amount. Am glad you found me helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hello Poitive !
Am back on the forum after a while. The intial price shock is now settled to quite an extent. I have not cancelled my booking, but have put it on hold. The TD vehicles for Dehradun should be there by next week, so hope to do a TD soon... meanwhile, eagerly looking forward to your TD report
So you too followed @Sugeeta's way. Keeping away from the forum/thread. Good idea!

@Carfreak77, @Rock22 I hope to get the report done within the weekend. But don't let my few minutes with this car influence you much beyond some pointers for your own TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Ford India answers questions on the 2011 Ford Fiesta | DWS Auto India
Quote:
Ford says this target customer is one who enjoys driving and is ready for a global product, which is why the company brought in the global Fiesta. The target customer is aged between 28 and 35, is a multiple-car owner, and is well-settled in life and career, with a small family perhaps.
At times one wonders if it is how they say it is. Whether the car was designed with this purpose/segment in mind; or if once the car was in place, (remember Fords global plan), they figured out whom to try to sell it too.

I smell that it was the latter. If Ford really made this as a second or third car, with the 'main family car' being a bigger car, they were seriously looking at a small market.
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:23   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, any idea about the diesel figures? These don't really sound too good for a driver's car.
Diesel figures:
0-60 kmph: 5.79 secs
0-100 kmph: 13:90 secs
20-80 in third gear: 13.48 secs
40-100 in forth gear: 15:80 secs

City FE: 13.9 kmpl
Highway FE: 17.4 kmpl
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:39   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post

I am really not impressed with the 0-100 figures. Ford should also look at launching the car with 1.6 L petrol and diesel engines.

Hopefully the market conditions will persuade Ford to reduce the prices. Till that happens Iwill have to make do with my current SX4. Wifey is happy that I am not buying a new car right now. Let us wait for the Skoda Rapid.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:16   #943

I took a TD of the New Fiesta this morning....most of the things felt fine...2 things 1) The fuel gauge had the needle just below the half tank mark and the DTE was showing up as 144!! Shocked me! 2) Pricing on the higher side.

I was reading the Diesel performance numbers by Rajneesh, where he mentioned 14 KMPL in city and 17 on HWAY...finding it too low compared to the published numbers of 23 KMPL!

Any clarity on the mileage
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:40   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzu View Post
I took a TD of the New Fiesta this morning....most of the things felt fine...2 things 1) The fuel gauge had the needle just below the half tank mark and the DTE was showing up as 144!! Shocked me! 2) Pricing on the higher side.

I was reading the Diesel performance numbers by Rajneesh, where he mentioned 14 KMPL in city and 17 on HWAY...finding it too low compared to the published numbers of 23 KMPL!

Any clarity on the mileage
I am guessing the 23kmpl is according to ARAI standards, which can be replicated on a traffic free road, or with very careful driving.
As for the ACI figures, I have noticed they are a lot more realistic. In fact, out of all the auto mags, my FE figures are almost identical with ACI.
However, even then, these figures are no where close to impressive! The old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi managed very similar figures, and was even better on the highway. Besides, I doubt the competition is going to be far behind also, with more powerful engines. I am sure majority of the population, including car enthusiasts wouldn't mind a car with 0.5kmpl lower FE if it has a better brand reputation and a better engine, along with better ride quality and space (which the Verna and Vento possess). The higher sticker of the Fiesta will definitely not help in this regard either.
However, the fiesta handles significantly better than these cars from what I have read, and there is a possibility that ford will aim the car at those enthusiasts, but with poor performance, even that gets nullified.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:59   #945
Senior - BHPian

Here is BSM article regarding the Fiesta's comparison with its self procalimed rival the ANHV (only diesels are compared by BSM):

Ford Fiesta vs Hyundai Verna - Sedan done

It could sound biased & degrading the Fiesta, but, as per them ANHV wins hands down against the Fiesta as explained in page # 6 of the report.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks