Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2019, 16:26   #3376
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
You have been conned. Period. The compressor in my Cruze is now 1,82,000km old. I was, as in your case too asked to replace the compressor at the 80,000km by 6 ac engineers including that of GM. According to my AC technician the compressor will last you about 200,000km but this part will last you about 80,000 km.

Time taken to replace the part is about 20 minutes including gas filling.
I finally found your post but unfortunately the the oil was very dark by the time I had gone to ASS. The car had done close to 1000Kms since the incident as we were on a road trip and were checking the A/C intermittently. Very informative post nonetheless and will watch-out henceforth for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hello Speak to MysoreRoad team also, you might get some better option, i know the GM there, if you want i will speak to them to get better price for this.
Thanks for the offer kdeepakk but I've went ahead with the Whitefield guys. I do not see any other option though, all of the above seem to be standard replacement once you replace the compressor.
Old 9th July 2019, 20:08   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
Hey Ethan,

I just got that done last week. My pre-owned jetta came with HIDs installed and the ballast of the low beam went kaput. So the choice came down to LED vs HIDs and I went with a Chinese manufactured one as I wanted to try these out and the price differential was 2x as well.
So the current setup is that my high beams are HIDs while the low beams are LEDs. I will still need to adjust them to ensure the reflectors do a good job with the throw but that is for another day.

Let me know if you need any more info.
If you can let me know where you got them installed and where to source them - it would be great. I have the normal Halogen lights and I want to change them to LED’s but the ASC refuses to touch anything non-VW
Old 9th July 2019, 22:44   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
If you can let me know where you got them installed and where to source them - it would be great. I have the normal Halogen lights and I want to change them to LED’s but the ASC refuses to touch anything non-VW
I would also be interested if these LED's are any good.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:41   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ethan,

These are unbranded chinese ones with no warranty though the guy who fixed them for me has given me 6 months warranty. The philips ones were quoted for approx. 6.5k for a pair and these came to less than half that.
The brightness is lower than the HIDs but they do a decent job for me in the city.
I got them installed at my home by a guy named Rahmath who came through a reference. I would not call him the most knowledgeable guy out there but he is tops for dedication and enthusiasm. There were quite a few lighting issues with my car apart from the low beams. The parking lights were not working and the previous guy had not done a great job with wiring for the ballasts. He patiently worked through it and fixed all the issues.

I'll give you his number if you would like to talk.

Regards,
Kvothe

Last edited by kvothe_rules : 15th July 2019 at 16:46.
Old 15th July 2019, 19:11   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
Hi Ethan,

These are unbranded chinese ones with no warranty though the guy who fixed them for me has given me 6 months warranty. The philips ones were quoted for approx. 6.5k for a pair and these came to less than half that.
The brightness is lower than the HIDs but they do a decent job for me in the city.
I got them installed at my home by a guy named Rahmath who came through a reference. I would not call him the most knowledgeable guy out there but he is tops for dedication and enthusiasm. There were quite a few lighting issues with my car apart from the low beams. The parking lights were not working and the previous guy had not done a great job with wiring for the ballasts. He patiently worked through it and fixed all the issues.

I'll give you his number if you would like to talk.

Regards,
Kvothe
Please do share - i tried getting the Philips ones installed but my accesory guy said its not possible in Jetta
Old 15th July 2019, 19:20   #3381
BHPian

As there are a few posts about headlight bulbs right above this, thought I would share the fact that the Philips X-tremeUltinon LED H7 bulbs are being sold on Amazon for about INR 5800 for Prime members. I've ordered a set and will let the forum know if they fit in the low beam reflector pods (Comfortline/non-HID headlight housings) of the Jetta and their performance.
Old 16th July 2019, 00:28   #3382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
As there are a few posts about headlight bulbs right above this, thought I would share the fact that the Philips X-tremeUltinon LED H7 bulbs are being sold on Amazon for about INR 5800 for Prime members. I've ordered a set and will let the forum know if they fit in the low beam reflector pods (Comfortline/non-HID headlight housings) of the Jetta and their performance.
I ordered the Philips Ultinon Essential H7 - and had to return them since my accessory guy told me we can’t fit in the existing socket. Apparently VW has made the bulb socket design which doesn’t allow anything apart from a normal H7 bulb to fit. If you are able to fit the Philips one’s in your Jetta - please do post here with some pics.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:25   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Please do share - i tried getting the Philips ones installed but my accesory guy said its not possible in Jetta
Hi Ethan,

The contact is Rahmath - 7975533905.
You can mention the reference as Mihir from Langford town.

Hope this sorts your LED install issues. Do let me know if it works out
Old 17th July 2019, 20:54   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Strange that I couldn't discover the RCD510 (2013 HL AT Jetta) from my windows laptop to connect and play music over bluetooth! Is there anything I'm missing?
Old 17th July 2019, 21:45   #3385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Strange that I couldn't discover the RCD510 (2013 HL AT Jetta) from my windows laptop to connect and play music over bluetooth! Is there anything I'm missing?
Which version of Windows does your laptop run? And what version of Bluetooth hardware does your laptop have? If the laptop hardware or Windows version does not have A2DP protocol support, this may not work.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:39   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Which version of Windows does your laptop run? And what version of Bluetooth hardware does your laptop have? If the laptop hardware or Windows version does not have A2DP protocol support, this may not work.
I'm assuming it's running latest Windows 10. Have to reconfirm though. But how do you go about connecting the Bluetooth? Through the steering controls it just says searching for phone and that's it. And through the laptop, the VW Bluetooth is just not discoverable.

It's my neighbor's, both the car and the laptop. He is a doc and wants to hear talks from the laptop while driving. Should I try the aux way? If so, which connector shall I get, a male to male 3.5 mm adapter?
Old 18th July 2019, 20:36   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered the Philips Ultinon Essential H7 - and had to return them since my accessory guy told me we can’t fit in the existing socket. Apparently VW has made the bulb socket design which doesn’t allow anything apart from a normal H7 bulb to fit. If you are able to fit the Philips one’s in your Jetta - please do post here with some pics.
Unfortunately Amazon has done some goofups with their product listing and sent me the regular Ultinon version of the H7 LED. I am returning the product but I did attempt to fix the bulbs in the headlight assembly just to check if it fits.

I can confirm that the bulbs do fit in Jetta's headlight housing. You have to remove the clip from the bulb holder of the stock setup and fix it to the LED bulb by removing the heatsink. Once the clip is installed, you can refit the heatsink to your LED bulb and then it just fits right in like our existing halogen bulbs.

Pity i was sent an incorrect product with a tampered seal but the installation can definitely be a DIY with the regular Ultinons as they have the control unit built into the heatsink housing.
Old 18th July 2019, 20:52   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Actually i found lots of H7 LED bulb holders for MK6 Jetta on Aliexpress for less than 3-4$. I have ordered a pair and will try install again so that we dont have to do any jugaad.
Old 18th July 2019, 21:20   #3389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm assuming it's running latest Windows 10. Have to reconfirm though. But how do you go about connecting the Bluetooth? Through the steering controls it just says searching for phone and that's it. And through the laptop, the VW Bluetooth is just not discoverable.

It's my neighbor's, both the car and the laptop. He is a doc and wants to hear talks from the laptop while driving. Should I try the aux way? If so, which connector shall I get, a male to male 3.5 mm adapter?
Yes. The best is to use the Aux input. Just get a 3.5mm stereo aux cable with male pins on both sides.
Old 31st July 2019, 12:11   #3390
BHPian

LED bulbs can be fit in the Jetta. You will need a bracket from AliExpress. Costs around 3-4 dollars. Im using LED's of Opt-7 Brand in my Jetta on both high-beam and low-beam. I am now going to upgrade the fog lamps as well.

I was confused about the socket type of foglamps in the 2011 Jetta. Some sources say it is 9006 while some say it is H8. It'd be very nice if someone could clarify.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks