Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 17:13   #3391
BHPian
 
simplysaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi Folks, does it make sense to buy a 2015 pre-facelift Comfort-line TDi manual - which is well maintained for around 10L?
Water pump was replaced recently and all service done at regular intervals.
How about general spares availability etc for next 4 years? Any worthy alternatives?
Any input is appreciated.
Regards,
simplysaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 16:38   #3392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 176
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi Forum,

I have some bad news. I seem to have lost my daily driver keyring, which had the key to my Jetta, apart from other important keys.

Can someone please tell me what I should do next, I do have the second key, but I guess I should try to get the keys reconfigured for safety reasons. Does anyone know the process, and the costing for the same. My policy does have key protect, but I am not sure if this will be covered, or if I do use insurance how much I will be set back on account of NCB and voluntary payout. Any idea?

I have lost the key in my housing society, so its a big security hazard. To this end, I was thinking of buying a steering lock to protect my Jetta till I get the keys reconfigured. Any recommendations for the same please?

Thanks and Regards

Last edited by harryputtar : 7th August 2019 at 16:57.
harryputtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2019, 19:32   #3393
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,434
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

I have some bad news. I seem to have lost my daily driver keyring, which had the key to my Jetta, apart from other important keys.

Can someone please tell me what I should do next, I do have the second key, but I guess I should try to get the keys reconfigured for safety reasons. Does anyone know the process, and the costing for the same. My policy does have key protect, but I am not sure if this will be covered, or if I do use insurance how much I will be set back on account of NCB and voluntary payout. Any idea?

I have lost the key in my housing society, so its a big security hazard. To this end, I was thinking of buying a steering lock to protect my Jetta till I get the keys reconfigured. Any recommendations for the same please?

Thanks and Regards
Hi. If your car insurance policy covers lost keys then it can be claimed from there. You will need to report this to your service centre and find out the quote for the same. If the cost is significantly more than NCB loss amount then use your insurance else pay it off yourself.

For your residence, ensure the locks have been changed immediately.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 19:07   #3394
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys,
My jetta's wipers have started to make noise and not doing the job well and I need to replace them. Can anyone let me know where I can buy a decent pair of blades? The OEMs are too expensive but if they are worth it I don't mind spending on them.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 10:40   #3395
BHPian
 
Immix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi guys,
My jetta's wipers have started to make noise and not doing the job well and I need to replace them. Can anyone let me know where I can buy a decent pair of blades? The OEMs are too expensive but if they are worth it I don't mind spending on them.
I have bought both OEM and from AliExpress. There is not a lot of price difference and the ones from AliExpress worn down sooner (as expected). So I'd suggest that you stick to the OEM ones.
Immix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 22:53   #3396
BHPian
 
RJ555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Hi Folks, does it make sense to buy a 2015 pre-facelift Comfort-line TDi manual -get which is well maintained for around 10L?
Water pump was replaced recently and all service done at regular intervals.
How about general spares availability etc for next 4 years? Any worthy alternatives?
Any input is appreciated.
Regards,
since the car you mention is prefacelift and 2015, the price is decent if the car has clocked lesser miles, if not, around 8 is market range.

Parts will definitely be available.

Feel the drive in jetta, you won't even like Octavia. Forget japanese or Korean toys, they cant even come closer.
RJ555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2019, 16:41   #3397
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

hi Guys,

My 2012 Comfortline Jetta TDI has an a/c issue. When it is idling it blows only hot air but once I start driving it functions and cools normally. I had mentioned this problem last year to the SA at Volkswagen Bangalore service centre and he brushed it off saying there is no issue.
This year they are asking me to replace the compressor and dryer and I cant help but think this is a scam.
The replacement part costs have been quoted as 85k. I have asked the SA to hold off for the moment.

Has anyone faced this issue before and it would be great if some of the veterans could weigh in on this.

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by kvothe_rules : 26th August 2019 at 17:06. Reason: mentioning the SA
kvothe_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2019, 09:47   #3398
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,240
Thanked: 15,953 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
hi Guys,

My 2012 Comfortline Jetta TDI has an a/c issue. When it is idling it blows only hot air but once I start driving it functions and cools normally. I had mentioned this problem last year to the SA at Volkswagen Bangalore service centre and he brushed it off saying there is no issue.

Appreciate the help!
Sounds like the a/c clutch and possibly a valve is kaput. Try an AC specialist like wecool or one on the Koramangala Ring Road - pls check the directory for details
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2019, 10:04   #3399
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sounds like the a/c clutch and possibly a valve is kaput. Try an AC specialist like wecool or one on the Koramangala Ring Road - pls check the directory for details
Thanks Ajmat. I'll go check with the AC specialists you have quoted.
kvothe_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 17:26   #3400
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 84
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys, I have driven my 2013 hl diesel auto for 95000 Kms, thankfully without any issues. But for the last week, I have noticed a sound and vibration while starting the engine. And sometimes, I have to try a second time for the engine to start. I have been told it is due to the normal wear and tear of the flywheel and there is no need to do anything about it for now. Anyone had a similar experience?
Once the engine starts, it's back to normal.
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 20:53   #3401
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 183
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

It could be due to weak battery / starter as well. I faced the same issue which got reduced substantially with a starter change. I also suspected flywheel , but if it's flywheel then there would be sounds during the gear shift accompanied by the jerk is what service center guys told .
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 22:25   #3402
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calicut
Posts: 84
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
It could be due to weak battery / starter as well. I faced the same issue which got reduced substantially with a starter change. I also suspected flywheel , but if it's flywheel then there would be sounds during the gear shift accompanied by the jerk is what service center guys told .
OH.. My gear shifts are very smooth as usual
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2019, 13:53   #3403
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 183
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I own a 2015 Jetta TDI highline , clocked 41K km , facing a strange issue with paddle shift , when i upshift using paddles from say D3 to 4 the car upshift to 4 and then quickly downshift to 3 and then 2 causing high rev. The downshift works properly . Has anyone faced similar issues , what could be the problem here ?
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2019, 14:01   #3404
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,240
Thanked: 15,953 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I own a 2015 Jetta TDI highline , clocked 41K km , facing a strange issue with paddle shift , when i upshift using paddles from say D3 to 4 the car upshift to 4 and then quickly downshift to 3 and then 2 causing high rev. The downshift works properly . Has anyone faced similar issues , what could be the problem here ?
Sounds as if the gearbox is getting a message that the engine is labouring hence downshifts to offset this. Try reflashing the DSG software, if the VAG-COM does not throw up any errors
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2019, 14:19   #3405
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,585
Thanked: 791 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Encountered misting issues with my 2015 Jetta, I set the dual zone climate control at 24 on both sides, auto mode with recirculation turned off. After driving a few kms, this is how the windshield looked

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img20190818wa0004.jpg

I then switched on the re-circulation and the misting area was much smaller so I ignored it and continued for the remainder of the journey. The outside temperature must have been around 23.

Another issue is the rear blower speed is very poor, probably only 1/3rd of the front ac vents output. When I brought this up at the previous service they told me that's how it is in all Jetta's but unfortunately no cars were available at the time for me to check. Can any bhp-ian check the rear vents and post here ? That would be of great help.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 5th September 2019 at 14:22. Reason: Forgot attachment
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 4078 16th August 2019 07:23
Volkswagen Jetta Comfortline 2.0 CrTDI : Test Drive And Initial Report sammycoolster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 13th November 2012 00:48
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks