Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 12:25   #3466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
*SNIP*

1. I just noticed my extended warranty expired in 2019, is it worth taking extended warranty again? How much does it cost now for a Highline DSG?
Asking your local service centre would provide the best answer re. price. About whether to add warranty or not, depends on what kind of issues you have had so far. If you're worried about the transmission, I suppose there's no need to worry since you have not had any issues until now - I presume you have done 75000 kms (since it's the fifth service). The six-speed DSG has proven to be quite reliable.

Quote:
2. Also in this context is it OK to get the car services at a FNG, I am considering Velocity Motors Pune. Or going to VW workshop is my best bet?
I prefer to get my car serviced at the authorised service centre. Not everyone will be of the same opinion as me.

Quote:
5. On a separate note, I seem to have misplaced my Jettas second key, and am thinking of talking to VW about it. My insurance has key protect, but it would be important to know, how much do the keys cost, will I get 2 new keys or just one, and how much would be the NCB loss if I claim it through my insurance. Please advise.
Again, this can be answered best by your insurance company and the service centre.

Quote:
6. And finally, is there something I should be aware of when in the VW service center, I have read cases of unnecessary services, and unfair extra charges.
VW India's website has a page outlining all the work that will be carried out for each service. Anything outside of that is unnecessary, unless you have specific issues you ask them to look at. *UPDATE* Sorry, they removed that page. You can still see the list at the service centre itself - they usually hang a big poster of it on the wall.

You may also tell them while giving the car for service that they should not do anything other than the official VW-service checklist items.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th March 2020 at 18:59. Reason: Broken quote tags. Spacing
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 13:15   #3467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
The headliner of my Jetta has started sagging a lot. I read varying amounts on this thread regarding its repair/refurb. Does anyone know a good upholstery shop in Bangalore which can fix this? VW's quote of 60k for a headliner swap (read somewhere on this thread) sounds ridiculous to me.

Hi, did you get this done or yet to find a solution?

I also had the same issue in 2019. I spoke to PPS folks Nagawara and they roughly quoted 60k. BS that kind of money right?

I did go around the FNGs I knew but most of them did not work on the liners.

Finally, FixMyKars near Hennur road said yes and they also told me they will outsource it to their vendors (they did not disclose the name of course)

I agreed and got the job in 2 days IIRC. Pretty neat job, although I could notice a slight colour difference I could not complain about a 5K job.

Never park your car under direct sunlight. Not only it damages your paint quality but also damages the gum of your roof liner. He said I was his first Jetta customer with a sagging roofline
Old 16th March 2020, 13:28   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
Hi BHPians!

I recently got a minor front suspension job done on my Jetta 1.4TSI Comfortline 2014 from my FNG. It was making a skweaking noise on going over bumps, which used to be prominent when driving after long time and then gradually reduce to zero as the suspension worked its way though more bumps. During the job, the sway bar links and rubber bushes were removed, lubricated and re-fitted as new ones were not available.

Whilst the skweaking noise is now reduced significantly, I hear 'tak-tak' noise on going over bad roads. It is amplified when jerks are short and sharp, like angled entry-exit ramps with serrations for better grip on underground mall parkings. Sometime sudden acceleration/de-acceleration also causes one short 'tak'.

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my wife's Polo 1.2 Highline 2013 which underwent the same job for the same reason. However, the parts were replaced in this case as they were easily available.

The mechanic is trusted. However, he needs to be pointed in the right direction. I will be thankful for any suggestions from fellow BHPians as to what could be the problem and how to resolve it.
I'm pretty much facing the exact issues with my Manual TDi. Feels like the end links have given up but nobody has been able to diagnose this correctly yet. The squeaking goes away when the car is driven for 5-10 mins but then the small knocks start creeping up if the car is driven in city traffic for a long time and the steering also starts making this knocking sound when there are short turn-ins. Haven't come across any solutions yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Check the stabilizer link. I had faced the same issue on my Creta. Replaced the link stabilizer and it was gone. When I replaced the bush, the squeaking noise was gone.
Which bush is this other than the stabilizer? Might as well give this one a shot.
Old 16th March 2020, 15:03   #3469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which bush is this other than the stabilizer? Might as well give this one a shot.
It was the stabilizer bush that I replaced initially when I heard the squeaking noise. Then when I started to hear the 'tak tak' noise, I asked them to replace the stabilizer link.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 17:25   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post

Hi, did you get this done or yet to find a solution?

I also had the same issue in 2019. I spoke to PPS folks Nagawara and they roughly quoted 60k. BS that kind of money right?

I did go around the FNGs I knew but most of them did not work on the liners.

Finally, FixMyKars near Hennur road said yes and they also told me they will outsource it to their vendors (they did not disclose the name of course)

I agreed and got the job in 2 days IIRC. Pretty neat job, although I could notice a slight colour difference I could not complain about a 5K job.

Never park your car under direct sunlight. Not only it damages your paint quality but also damages the gum of your roof liner. He said I was his first Jetta customer with a sagging roofline
Still haven't fixed it but your fix sounds promising. Did they use a similar cloth for the fix? Is it possible to share some pics?
Old 6th April 2020, 14:57   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Still haven't fixed it but your fix sounds promising. Did they use a similar cloth for the fix? Is it possible to share some pics?
I am really sorry for the late reply, tweaker. I got held up with the quarantine thing.
This is where it all started; there was a little sagging. With time the cloth came off from the light. Just like torn stitches.
Top of this my cousin drove it with the window open on highways making the wind dig it more.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134036.jpg

Observe carefully that there is a difference in the pattern also.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134101.jpg

Here it is a better view from A-pillar. The color difference is also noticeable.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134109.jpg

From goggles storage.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134117.jpg

From Curtain airbag.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134138.jpg

From the Visor.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20200406_134124.jpg

PS: The color difference may be visible soon in broad daylight but the pattern won't be, unless you zoom in.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 6th April 2020 at 15:04.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 18:50   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
I am really sorry for the late reply, tweaker. I got held up with the quarantine thing.
This is where it all started; there was a little sagging. With time the cloth came off from the light. Just like torn stitches.
Top of this my cousin drove it with the window open on highways making the wind dig it more.
Attachment 1989491

Observe carefully that there is a difference in the pattern also.
Attachment 1989492

Here it is a better view from A-pillar. The color difference is also noticeable.
Attachment 1989493

From goggles storage.
Attachment 1989494

From Curtain airbag.
Attachment 1989495

From the Visor.
Attachment 1989508

PS: The color difference may be visible soon in broad daylight but the pattern won't be, unless you zoom in.
Now I understand why you are not complaining This really is pretty good for a 5k job. Will ask the VW folks again for a quote but if it is anywhere above 20k, I'm just going to contact the folks you mentioned before. Yes there's a colour difference but if that's going to let me get some other mods for the vehicle I'm all for it! Thanks a lot for the pics.
tweaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 20:24   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now I understand why you are not complaining This really is pretty good for a 5k job. Will ask the VW folks again for a quote but if it is anywhere above 20k, I'm just going to contact the folks you mentioned before. Yes there's a colour difference but if that's going to let me get some other mods for the vehicle I'm all for it! Thanks a lot for the pics.
20K? You must be joking. I have the same issue and I asked my VW advisor. He straight off asked me to get it done elsewhere. When I prodded him further, he revealed VW would want to replace the entire headliner for 50K.

Don't know whether he shares a good relation with me or he didn't want to sound like a fool while quoting the price.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 13:41   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Those links given by sunsbhp are worth a look, The side parking was enabled in my car by default.

Have tried that tweak as well to enable the auto folding mirrors, I seriously wanted to have that feature since day one when i bought the car, But unfortunately the link you have posted, I had tried to do the same using an Original ross tech cable too, But no luck. Ill still give it one more try once i get my hands on the cable in a couple of days, Even though by now i am sure we would need the extra module, Yes that is what we were talking about in the past.
Pretty late to the party, but hey, I wanted to get this feature today and got it. (Somebody might've already posted about this, but in case no one has)

The part number should be the same as the one in the post from VWVortex. Go to Module 42 - Door Elect, Driver. Click on "Security Access" and enter the security access key as "04354". Now go to adaptation and find System_Parameter_14 (looking from the bottom in the list will save time). Change Byte 1 from "E0" to "E9". This should work. This worked on my 2011 Jetta Highline DSG.
It will fold the ORVM's when we press and hold the lock button on the key fob and it will unfold when we open the driver door.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20200509_132342.jpg  

sarfraz1997 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 19:56   #3475
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I attempted this earlier on my Jetta 2015 Highline DSG and did not
work ! Quick question here , were the comfort closing/ opening of windows using remote configured for you ?

Last edited by ajmat : 10th May 2020 at 10:14. Reason: DSG was spelt as dog!
Old 10th May 2020, 01:03   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I attempted this earlier on my Jetta 2015 Highline dog and did not
work ! Quick question here , were the comfort closing/ opening of windows using remote configured for you ?
Yes, my comfort function is also enabled and working both pre and post the change.
Old 10th May 2020, 12:29   #3477
BHPian

I tried again and it worked ! Apparently I would have entered wrong value earlier.
Thanks a lot Sarfraz !
Old 11th May 2020, 13:06   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Pretty late to the party, but hey, I wanted to get this feature today and got it. (Somebody might've already posted about this, but in case no one has)

The part number should be the same as the one in the post from VWVortex. Go to Module 42 - Door Elect, Driver. Click on "Security Access" and enter the security access key as "04354". Now go to adaptation and find System_Parameter_14 (looking from the bottom in the list will save time). Change Byte 1 from "E0" to "E9". This should work. This worked on my 2011 Jetta Highline DSG.
It will fold the ORVM's when we press and hold the lock button on the key fob and it will unfold when we open the driver door.
Hi Sarfraz,

I have a 2012 Passat and the VCDS.

On going through your post and the VW Vortex post, I am a bit confused on the procedure.

You also mention that the part number should be the same as the one in the post from VW Vortex. Which part number ?

The VW Vortex procedure talks about adaptation 10, byte 8 and changing value to either 95 or 99;

whereas your procedure is different. Please help !
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-screenshot-20200511-12.19.55.png  

Old 11th May 2020, 13:11   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Hi Sarfraz,

I have a 2012 Passat and the VCDS.

On going through your post and the VW Vortex post, I am a bit confused on the procedure.

You also mention that the part number should be the same as the one in the post from VW Vortex. Which part number ?

The VW Vortex procedure talks about adaptation 10, byte 8 and changing value to either 95 or 99;

whereas your procedure is different. Please help !

Hey, yes, my procedure is a bit different. I cannot recollect where I found it but it works. The part number for the "Door Elect, Driver" module should be the same as the one mentioned in the VWVortex post. Try following the VWVortex procedure. If you are not able to, then follow my procedure.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 13:13   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Hey, yes, my procedure is a bit different. I cannot recollect where I found it but it works. The part number for the "Door Elect, Driver" module should be the same as the one mentioned in the VWVortex post. Try following the VWVortex procedure. If you are not able to, then follow my procedure.
Many thanks for the super fast response.

I will try the procedure sometime during this week & inform you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks