Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 21:47   #3616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
25k is for complete lower arm replacement I guess. We can change just the bushes as well .
Well I got an updated quote for 18k. Aftermarket pair is around 12k. So I bit the bullet and placed the order at the authorised workshop. Thanks for your responses guys
Old 18th March 2021, 00:00   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPJ777 View Post
A KA car would always be my first preference. I have been searching online and almost all the available inventory are with dealers that have multiple owners with sketchy service history, suspect odo readings etc. Finding a car from a direct owner is pretty hard these days. Anyway, I will keep looking. Appreciate your feedback!
I know a friend who is selling his 2014 Highline Jetta TDI AT with genuine 1.1 L KMs on the odometer, also serviced in ASC only. PM me for details.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 18th March 2021 at 00:04.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 00:42   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
I know a friend who is selling his 2014 Highline Jetta TDI AT with genuine 1.1 L KMs on the odometer, also serviced in ASC only. PM me for details.
I'm a newbie and so no PM privileges yet. Will send an email. Would definitely like to take a look at your friend's Jetta. Thank you.
LPJ777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 12:36   #3619
BHPian

hi folks,

I will need to replace the tyres on my 2012 Jetta Highline MT soon as its done around 77k kms. They are still on stock Goodyear tyres. I am based out of bangalore and would love to get your recommendations of the tyre size, type and good tyre shops I should approach.

I stay near Richmond circle so any recommendations in that area would help.
Old 5th April 2021, 13:53   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
hi folks,

I will need to replace the tyres on my 2012 Jetta Highline MT soon as it's done around 77k kms. They are still on stock Goodyear tyres. I am based out of Bangalore and would love to get your recommendations of the tyre size, type and good tyre shops I should approach.

Goodyear tires are still the least expensive IIRC. Too much road noise after a certain period of time.

Michelin is too good but is on the pricier side of the list. Also subjected to availability.

Continental MC5 tires are really mixed of both worlds.

Apollo tires are there like Alnac or Aspire, but I have no personal experience because I have Alnac as my spare tire and yet to use it.

Size-wise 205/55/16 is usually the best pick most Jetta owners here made. Anything above or below is pure taste or preference.

My recommendations:

You can try Madhu's at Wilson garden because the Langford branch is closed now.

OR

Cherry tire Indiranagar

OR

Sree Balaji Tires JC road will do.

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 5th April 2021 at 14:07.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 17:51   #3621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi folks,

I will need to replace the tyres on my 2012 Jetta Highline MT soon as its done around 77k kms. They are still on stock Goodyear tyres. I am based out of bangalore and would love to get your recommendations of the tyre size, type and good tyre shops I should approach.

I recently went for Yokohama BluearthGT and I am happy with it.
1. Ride quality improved. Runs over rough patches smoothly. NCTs were giving a feeling that the car was running on wooden tyres.
2. Braking improved. Stock NCTs were not giving that coincidence in braking.
3. Some wobbling or rolling I feel during cornering, probably due to softer side walls and rubber itself, compared to NCTs.
4. Highway rides are so comfortable at above 100 speeds. Reduced tyre noise - the best thing I liked composed to GY NCTs. Far better.

Overall, happy with my decision.😊😊

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 5th April 2021 at 17:52.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 18:50   #3622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I recently went for Yokohama BluearthGT and I am happy with it.
It would be great if you could share the prices as well. I am assuming the size is the same as mentioned in the previous post.
Old 5th April 2021, 19:48   #3623
Senior - BHPian

₹7500 a piece.
Here full details..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4960045
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 19:56   #3624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Interesting! so do I!

I also have a Jetta MT 2012 and I have Michelins and they transform the car, if not available, go for Continentals
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:09   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Interesting! so do I!
That's great! I have been going through the dilemma of whether to keep the jetta or to move on.
It would be great if I could pick your brains on this topic.
I don't have the ability to PM yet I think so it would be great to find a way to catch up.
Old 6th April 2021, 10:45   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
hi folks,

I too will highly recommend Madhus at Wilson Garden. The owner (Nikhil) is a BHPian and is knowledgeable as well as helpful.

In your position I would go by Nikhil's recommendation on brand. As for size, my recommendation is not to deviate from the standard OEM specs.

I too had the OEM Goodyears on my 2015 Highline DSG, but they lasted me only 27000 kms. The Michelins Nikhil recommended have lasted me since then and I have completed 105000 kms on the car wiht the tyres still having a lot of life in them; as well as being great to drive on.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:02   #3627
BHPian

77k clicks on the OE GoodYear must be a record and indicates you are a sedate driver. Hence, I'd strongly recommend Michelin SP4 that NikhilB/Madhus suggested me as a replacement for my Jetta (now ex ) I found that rubber the best in business! With import restrictions, availability might be an issue, but Madhus should be able to source them for you, I've been their customer since '06, transparent folks that I'd highly recommend you give them a try.

Quote:
hi folks,

Last edited by AirWind : 6th April 2021 at 11:04.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:12   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
77k clicks on the OE GoodYear must be a record and indicates you are a sedate driver.
Totally my bad. I bought the car pre-owned and the tyres were replaced by the previous owner at 38k but with the goodyears. The "stock tyre" reference definitely confused everyone. I am surely not that sedate

I am sad that Madhu's at langford town closed down. I'll definitely visit the Wilson garden one.

Thank you for the recommendations.
Old 6th April 2021, 11:31   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
That's great! I have been going through the dilemma of whether to keep the jetta or to move on.
It would be great if I could pick your brains on this topic.
I don't have the ability to PM yet I think so it would be great to find a way to catch up.
Well, that's a debatable topic as it depends on your revised need and so to each his/her own... most Jetta users have taken to the BMW (530D, 3GT, X1, etc.,) over looking other brands Audi, Mercs due to better reliability, driving feel, image, etc.,

But I took an exception and bought the new TATA Safari because I wanted a 5+2 seater, better ground clearance to reach my farm, higher hip points for my parents who occasionally travel, automatic (my Jetta was MT), panoramic sunroof and my company car lease had expired.
Old 14th April 2021, 15:22   #3630
AYP
Senior - BHPian

So, after months of looking at the error light on the MID of our Jetta due to the failure of the right side halogen DRL, I got the bulbs replaced. Went with the LED option and got it via this link-

https://www.amazon.in/iJDMTOY-Replac.../dp/B011688JTI

I was thinking of asking someone to get it from the states(it is available for 18$) but due to the current situation, didn't see that happening for the next 1 year and thus ordered it for double the price from the above link.

Here are the results-

Damn! The Jetta is a smart looking car man.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20210414_120335.jpg

Close ups-

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20210414_124008.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20210414_124014.jpg

At the parking lot-

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20210414_124025.jpg

Removing the bulb is definitely a task. While the driver side lights came out in a few minutes, the passenger side took more than 20 minutes of constant tussle. Even I tried to remove it once. At the end, all of us ended up having scratches on our hands, along with lots of sweat.

It is a pity that VAG is not bringing back the 2.0 TDI with the Jetta's practical successor in India, the 4th gen Octavia.

Last edited by AYP : 14th April 2021 at 15:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks