Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 12:23   #631
gpa
Senior - BHPian

I have been mulling over this as well. The FE is highly dependent on driving conditions, route traveled (a slightly longer route with lower traffic will give you better FE) and your driving style.

To give you an example, the claimed ARAI FE of my Alto Lxi (800 cc) May 2008 model was 17.6 kmpl. I have now owned this car for four years and on many occasions I have got a far higher figure (18-19 kmpl) in the city. I put this down to disciplined driving and favorable road conditions.

Given that the ARAI figure for the Brio is 18.4 kmpl, I am certain that one will get a consistent 15-17 kmpl in the city if not more. However, I would leave it to the owners to confirm this.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:35   #632
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

In general Honda engines will give you at least 10% better FE than the competition. This is a general rule of thumb which you can use as a guide.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 15:43   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Just wanted to ask the Brio owners...what is the FE you guys are getting in city and highway? Have been thinking about going for this considering my max run in city will be 10kms a day and a highway run of max 600 kms once in 3 months. Is 15kmpl in bangalore a realistic figure? *fingers crossed*
I am getting 12-13 in bumper to bumper traffic in the city. Not sure about highway mileage yet. The car has not undergone first service yet and I am a newbie driver. So I expect to 15-16 after first service and with some more driving experience.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:23   #634
BANNED

Until the car has done 5000km+ the economy figure is, shall we say, for the birds, i.e. totally unreliable.
Old 11th May 2012, 19:58   #635
BHPian

Don't know if someone has posted this already. A little birdie told me that Honda is coming out with a sedan version of the brio. Testing and development is going on Thailand....
Old 11th May 2012, 20:10   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I am getting 12-13 in bumper to bumper traffic in the city. Not sure about highway mileage yet. The car has not undergone first service yet and I am a newbie driver. So I expect to 15-16 after first service and with some more driving experience.
Drove a friend's Brio for about 200km, and yes it does feel nippy. If the onboard mileage meter is to be believed, we got 17+ kmpl, before the first service. Took it to 100kmph and it was handling nicely. Even the ECO MODE light was on at 100!
Old 13th May 2012, 09:44   #637
BHPian

I bought a new Honda Brio S(O) MT, Blue. Got it delivered on 26th April.

Will be putting a detailed intial ownership review after the first service. The experience so far has been excellent. The car grabs eyeballs everywhere.

I do a small issue though. Recently took the car out on some bad roads. Whenever the car travels over a smallish pothole as decent speed(~30 kph), I hear a LOUD mettalic clank from around the left-rear tyre. I dont think its underbody scraping, it sounds more like the sound a fast travelling rock hitting on a thick metal surface would sound like (indeed thats what I thought it initially was).
I will have it looked over during the initial service.
Any guesses meanwhile?
Old 13th May 2012, 12:34   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
I bought a new Honda Brio S(O) MT, Blue. Got it delivered on 26th April.

Will be putting a detailed intial ownership review after the first service. The experience so far has been excellent. The car grabs eyeballs everywhere.
Hey congratulations! I have an eye on this very version, in the same color. Did you TD the petrol Swift? The VXi is priced identical to the SMT (O), but without airbags/abs and audio system with steering wheel controls. If yes, did the Swift feel justified for the high price?
Old 13th May 2012, 12:56   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Hey congratulations! I have an eye on this very version, in the same color. Did you TD the petrol Swift? The VXi is priced identical to the SMT (O), but without airbags/abs and audio system with steering wheel controls. If yes, did the Swift feel justified for the high price?
I test drive the Zxi, which I thought was way overpriced. Didnt like the brakes and in-city drivability. It checks all the boxes from an equipment perspective though.
About the Vxi, I was never really interested as ABS + Air bags were a must have for me. Vxi is severely lacking in equipment and comes with relatively skinny tyres. The cabin felt a bit claustrophobic and the boot space was nothing to write home about (only a tad better than the Brio).
I was confused between Zxi and S(o)MT , but the factors above plus the fact that I was quite sick of seeing Swifts on the road helped me make the decision.
Old 13th May 2012, 13:01   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
I test drive the Zxi, which I thought was way overpriced. Didnt like the brakes and in-city drivability. It checks all the boxes from an equipment perspective though.
About the Vxi, I was never really interested as ABS + Air bags were a must have for me. Vxi is severely lacking in equipment and comes with relatively skinny tyres. The cabin felt a bit claustrophobic and the boot space was nothing to write home about (only a tad better than the Brio).
I was confused between Zxi and S(o)MT , but the factors above plus the fact that I was quite sick of seeing Swifts on the road helped me make the decision.
Brio SMT (O) just makes a lot more sense, but I'm sure it'll never match the Swift P in sales, which makes all Brio owners feel exclusive
Old 14th May 2012, 11:24   #641
BHPian

Yes, Brio S(O)Mt makes sense since ABS and Airbags (in my view) is important. Also, the initial complaints on Swift's brakes in the lower versions may bring in more buyers for Brio S(O)MT. In Chennai, the top end Swift comes close to 7 lakhs on-road and top end of Brio is 6.1L on-road. This combined with ABS/Airbags and the exclusivity factor was influential in my decision to buy a Honda Brio.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:53   #642
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Finalized a booking for a Tafetta White Brio S (o) MT on Saturday. This variant made the most sense as it offers great VFM. It was a close fight between the i10 and Brio. The Swift Vxi was initially also considered but and after my folks had a feel for both the i10 and the Brio, we closed on the deal for the Brio.
Delivery should happen in another week to ten days.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:29   #643
Senior - BHPian

How is the A-Pillar blind spot in Brio? Does it pose a problem, how does it compare with i10?
I haven't test driven it yet, will get the chance tomorrow i hope.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:04   #644
BHPian

Hi All,
I've now driven my Brio for almost 1000 kms in Kolkata (mostly city traffic with a/c on 90% times), but have a concern regarding the fuel efficiency. The last full tank calculation indicated 10kmpl, and the mileage indicator is also fluctuating between 9.5-10.5. Do i need to drive it for a few more 1000 kms to get to figures of 14-15 or is it something I should be really concerned about?
P.S. - I've got my first service done at 600 kms and the Honda service guys told me to wait till the 2nd service (6 months or 6000 kms) for the mileage to go up.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:21   #645
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
How is the A-Pillar blind spot in Brio? Does it pose a problem, how does it compare with i10?
This is certainly not as issue. You do get slightly better visibility on the i10 since the seating is a little higher. However, the all round visibility in the Brio is great!
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks