Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 18:45   #571
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I was also told the same as raamki has mentioned about the extended warranty. I also bought my car through Tafe. The executive promised me that the showroom will call me and inform once the extended warranty of 4 years or 1 Lakh kilometer is launched for Rapid. For the bumper to bumper coverage I was quoted about 11K extra. And then, after some discussions it came down by a couple of thousands. But, I actually didn't go for the bumper to bumper coverage and thought I would take some risk there. Btw, raamki - did they offer you Tata AIG? Because they gave Bajaj Alianz for me.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:59   #572
Senior - BHPian

I have taken it from Vinayaka at Sadashiva nagar. The sales manager actually had the audacity to tell me that in case I do not take insurance in house, they will allot the car to someone else who will take it inhouse. I escalated to their GM and sorted it out for now. I have been promised delivery on Wednesday morning. In case nothing moves by tomorrow evening, I plan to take them head on by publishing their wares on online forums.
Their internal insurance was with Bajaj Allianz costing Rs.38000/-. They had an additional drive assure (zero dep) for about 7000. So total zero dep would have come to 45000, which I got for 24500 online with ICICI Lombard.
Their new rate list talks about Extended warranty for Rapid, which is around 11200/-.
Old 16th April 2012, 20:47   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have taken it from Vinayaka at Sadashiva nagar. The sales manager actually had the audacity to tell me that in case I do not take insurance in house, they will allot the car to someone else who will take it inhouse. I escalated to their GM and sorted it out for now. I have been promised delivery on Wednesday morning. In case nothing moves by tomorrow evening, I plan to take them head on by publishing their wares on online forums.
Their internal insurance was with Bajaj Allianz costing Rs.38000/-. They had an additional drive assure (zero dep) for about 7000. So total zero dep would have come to 45000, which I got for 24500 online with ICICI Lombard.
Their new rate list talks about Extended warranty for Rapid, which is around 11200/-.
That's ridiculous, you should probably consider dropping a note to Skoda Customer Care about your Purchase experience so far (customercare@skoda-auto.co.in). They cannot force you to take insurance in-house and 45k at that seems too steep IMO, I think they are definitely trying to swindle some money off you. Go with the quote you got from Lombard, if they give you any further trouble, you might as well cancel your booking with them and go with TAFE (they may have stock of Ambitions currently).

If you need any further help, please feel to drop me a PM with your number and I can set you up with the Sales Manager at TAFE who I have a good rapport with.

EDIT: Hey Rajni, Yes, we got the insurance from TATA AIG!

Thanks.

Last edited by raamki : 16th April 2012 at 20:49. Reason: Typo
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 00:05   #574
BHPian

I just got my Bajaj Alianz insurance by courier today at my apartment. There was a handful of mistakes in it including the Car's subtype (it says MPI AT whereas mine is TDI Elegance), insured amount, premium and my address etc. Just wrote a mail to Tafe as I went through them. As I was going through the policy document couple of things sounded odd to me.

1. What is meant by PA cover for passengers. The policy instruction says PA for passengers is not covered. I was always thinking that passengers are also covered against accidents.
2. The policy says Electrical and Nonelectrical accessories cover is not opted. Does it mean that any additional accessories other than the ones come as factory-fitted are not covered? For example, the music system and speakers came along with the car so I hope they are covered.
3. I was also surprised to know that only owner driver is covered by the insurance not anyone else driving the vehicle.
4. Compulsory deductible says 2000. If it is the amount charged by the insurance company at the time of claim it was only 500 with National insurance for my previous car.
Old 19th April 2012, 12:23   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
That's ridiculous, you should probably consider dropping a note to Skoda Customer Care about your Purchase experience so far (customercare@skoda-auto.co.in). If you need any further help, please feel to drop me a PM with your number and I can set you up with the Sales Manager at TAFE who I have a good rapport with.
s.
Thanks Ramki for your support.. I got delivery yesterday. All the misunderstanding was cleared, which resulted in a delay in delivery. But now all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
I just got my Bajaj Alianz insurance by courier today at my apartment.
1. What is meant by PA cover for passengers. The policy instruction says PA for passengers is not covered. This is an add on clause for some 150-200 Rs.
2. The policy says Electrical and Nonelectrical accessories cover is not opted. Does it mean that any additional accessories other than the ones come as factory-fitted are not covered? In case you want to cover any additional accessories like Hi-end music system etc, this additional cover should be opted. I think the factory fitted accessories are covered standard. Maybe experts can comment..
3. I was also surprised to know that only owner driver is covered by the insurance not anyone else driving the vehicle. There is also an add on cover for paid driver which can be opted for.
4. Compulsory deductible says 2000. If it is the amount charged by the insurance company at the time of claim it was only 500 with National insurance for my previous car.
I saw the same on my ICICI Lombard policy. I think this is a default minimum for Zero Dep policies.
Old 19th April 2012, 23:09   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ramki for your support.. I got delivery yesterday. All the misunderstanding was cleared, which resulted in a delay in delivery. But now all is well.
Congrats! Hope you are enjoying the drive in the new car. Share some pics. Did you go for any additional fittings.

Quote:
I saw the same on my ICICI Lombard policy. I think this is a default minimum for Zero Dep policies.
But, my policy is not zero dep. I confirmed with Bajaj Allianz yesterday. When I asked the price of a regular policy for the same IDV they refused to confirm and trying to skip asking me to send the copy of the insurance etc. I strongly believe that the dealer is getting a portion of the extra money they charge.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:30   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Congrats! Hope you are enjoying the drive in the new car. Share some pics. Did you go for any additional fittings.

Thanks. I've not yet gone for any additional fittings. Planning to go for Stereo, Sunfilm and reverse sensor in phase 1. Will be looking at seat covers, exterior detailing and front sun film in phase 2.

But, my policy is not zero dep. I confirmed with Bajaj Allianz yesterday. When I asked the price of a regular policy for the same IDV they refused to confirm and trying to skip asking me to send the copy of the insurance etc. I strongly believe that the dealer is getting a portion of the extra money they charge.
Bingo. My estimate is that they make at least 20000/- on the in-house insurance as the similar zero dep policy from ICICI Lombard cost 24500/-..
Old 21st April 2012, 21:59   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Bingo. My estimate is that they make at least 20000/- on the in-house insurance as the similar zero dep policy from ICICI Lombard cost 24500/-..
I too think they make anywhere around 12-20k per insurance In fact, I was unaware that I could go for an outside insurance guy at the time of purchase. Later, as I was talking to National Insurance with whom I had insured my old car regarding NCB they told me that they can offer good discount on top of NCB if I continue to stick with them for the new car. Unfortunately, I had already made the complete payment by then and the billing was done. :(
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:03   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
In-house, they offered us TATA AIG comprehensive with 0% dep for around 30k. My Dad was quite happy with the offer and wasn't too keen on shopping around.

Do not go by the information wrt Shield on the web (Skoda's website?) as it may not be applicable to the RAPID yet. Are you talking to Vinayak or TAFE? You might want to call the other dealer to check on the extended warranty availability for the Rapid and the insurance details to cross check. If you get an indifferent response, I would suggest you take the issue up with the Showroom Manager.

According to TAFE, they have no information on Extended Warranty on the Rapid, this is as latest as last week.
I had visited TAFE last week to change my number plates, and was furnished with the new extended warranty amounts. 10,975 for petrol variants and 11,775 for the diesel variants.
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:56   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prraghun View Post
I had visited TAFE last week to change my number plates, and was furnished with the new extended warranty amounts. 10,975 for petrol variants and 11,775 for the diesel variants.
I too got to know about the same from a sales rep. Per him, there's a restriction of 1L kilometers also. Did your guy mention anything about it? So, by opting extended warranty you get 2 additional years but a total meter reading of 1L kilometers. If it is true, I am not sure if it is going to help much. It comes after a 2 years unlimited warranty that comes by default from the company. So, if you have no issues after two years and unlimited drive I don't think you are going to find any manufacturing defect in the next two years within the 1L. What do you think?
Old 27th April 2012, 11:14   #581
BHPian

Had my 1st brush with the infamous Mumbai autowallah today! Ive done 1510 km & this happened in front of shoppers stop, Andheri. Chap cut lanes too close to my rapid. Any suggestions from other Rapid owners through similar fates ? What was done? Fixed at company workshop or outside? Cost?

Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image3063585748.jpg  

Old 27th April 2012, 20:22   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
Had my 1st brush with the infamous Mumbai autowallah today! Ive done 1510 km & this happened in front of shoppers stop, Andheri. Chap cut lanes too close to my rapid. Any suggestions from other Rapid owners through similar fates ? What was done? Fixed at company workshop or outside? Cost?
Coincidentally, check my post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2760342

Suggest you get repairs done at a Skoda workshop only as spares aren't available in plenty at their own workshops, and you never know where the other 3rd party workshops are sourcing them from. As this is a new car, even at the workshop, you might experience delays.

Last edited by kryptonite : 27th April 2012 at 20:24. Reason: .
Old 28th April 2012, 12:23   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimodi View Post
Adi if you did take your car to Skoda Workshop they did recommend to have the left fender and front bumper repainted which would be very costly and would require you to claim insurance which would in turn result in losing 20% NCB on next renewal.

I would suggest you to use a rubbing compound like Meguiars SwirlX or ScratchX to get of the scratches and abrasive. You could even take it to 3M Andheri and they would have it done for you using 3M rubbing compound. If would definitely look better and no point getting repaints for such incidents as Skoda would charge a lot for repainting.

If by chance you did come towards Vashi then I could use Megs SwirlX rubbing compound on your car which I have with me.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 12:59   #584
BHPian

I got the insurance again with errors. I have written about it in another thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2763183. My advice to those who check this thread for feedback before upgrading is to consider buying the insurance separately so that you will get more attention and better coverage for lesser money. By the way, I just swapped out the company-installed speakers with component speakers from JBL-infinity. In fact, I went for only replacing the front speakers. But, after experiencing the difference in quality I couldn't stop me swiping the card for the rear speakers also. I picked up the speakers from Automate (Vytila, Cochin) as I am at hometown on vacation and got it done at St.Antony's Skoda service center. Experience with both the team were excellent. And, now I enjoy my time within the car better. In fact, I hear many new instruments that I was missing earlier
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:42   #585
BHPian

I have already paid the dealer Vinayak Skoda around 33K for the insurance(I doubt this is with zero depreciation). I checked Bajaj Allianz and they have quoted 28K for zero depreciation with higher IDV. with Can anyone suggest how I can now move to a another insurer and most importantly get the remaining amount refunded from the current insurance. Also, its been over a month and I still have not received the insurance papers.

I also heard that if you sell you old vehicle and do not have a NCB on it, the NCB can be transfered to the new vehicle. Does anyone know the process of going about doing this?

Most Viewed