speed kills is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 21:25   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
This should make you're afternoon a bit more hotter

Source : DC Design
Wow, I really like it .
This looks awesome , but not sure how practical it is without a headlamp .
Any idea how much will it cost to get something like this done ?
Cheers
Old 17th April 2013, 12:43   #2298
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:

Looks pretty cool. Where did you get this from ? Can you share the link ? Looks like DC customs, but could not find it on their website though.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:32   #2299
AWD
BHPian

It seems Renault is slow in responding to the Market situations/requirements. Suzuki was quick/fast in pushing for deliveries of Dzire/Swift before launch of Amaze, while Renault is still in its slumber when it comes to deliveries of Duster. The base model of Duster is still on a six months waiting!
Old 17th April 2013, 20:18   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review. Just got a Toop Varient with satnav et al RxZ 110. Been looking to upsize to 235/60/16 - but have not found ANYTHING !! :-(

The vehicle is just 350 kms old, hence not much to say, but the review is spot on !!

Cheers
Old 17th April 2013, 21:11   #2301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant review. Just got a Toop Varient with satnav et al RxZ 110. Been looking to upsize to 235/60/16 - but have not found ANYTHING !! :-(
Any reasons to upsize? The stock themselves seem to serve very well.
Old 17th April 2013, 21:21   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any reasons to upsize? The stock themselves seem to serve very well.

Primarily because the OE setup looks anemic and the wheel wells can easily take a wider size. Would make the stance way better. Needless to say the road grip would be enhanced in addition to the above

Having said that. Yes the OE setup is not problematic any which way, but better is better. Just my POV.

cheers
Old 18th April 2013, 08:26   #2303
BHPian

Quote:

This is a concept sketch. This is a 3d rendering of the headlight/fog light superimposed on a static image.
The DRL/ grill rendering could be photoshop. The whole image is a composit of various renderings, layered on top of the Duster image.
I am pretty sure that there is no physical model for this concept. .
Old 19th April 2013, 12:07   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Primarily because the OE setup looks anemic and the wheel wells can easily take a wider size. Would make the stance way better. Needless to say the road grip would be enhanced in addition to the above
cheers
Few things to keep in mind while upsizing:

1. Duster already has the issue of mud splashing to rear door from front tyres due to the way the wheel arch is designed. You might end up using XL mud flaps!
2. The warranty on suspension may get invalidated. Check with your dealer as different dealers deal differently on such things.
3. Duster has a beautiful balance between Ride Quality (Suspension is soft enough) and Handling (Suspension is not too soft). This might get impacted.
4. The stock tyres have a lot lot better grip than what we come to think of an MRF.

Post pics and your experience if you do upsize.
Old 19th April 2013, 18:16   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Few things to keep in mind while upsizing:

1. Duster already has the issue of mud splashing to rear door from front tyres due to the way the wheel arch is designed. You might end up using XL mud flaps!
2. The warranty on suspension may get invalidated. Check with your dealer as different dealers deal differently on such things.
3. Duster has a beautiful balance between Ride Quality (Suspension is soft enough) and Handling (Suspension is not too soft). This might get impacted.
4. The stock tyres have a lot lot better grip than what we come to think of an MRF.

Post pics and your experience if you do upsize.
I agree with your points. But I still feel that an upsize would only make things better. The ride & handling of the vehicle is very very good. Honestly I did not expect it to be how it is

Let me see if I find the upsize or maybe add a spacer
Old 20th April 2013, 13:06   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
...... But I still feel that an upsize would only make things better.................

Let me see if I find the upsize or maybe add a spacer
On paper at least, 235/60 R16 for Duster is available from both Michelin and Bridgestone.
In michelin it is Latitude tour HP http://www.michelin.in/tyre/viewall/188 and in bridgestone it is dueler D687.
http://www.bridgestone.co.in/SelectT...atio=60&dia=16

However rim width for Duster is 6.5J whereas recommended rim width for 235/60 R16 is 7J. So, a wheel disc upgrade is also needed.
I have already upsized my alloys to 7J and using the OE MRFs. Iam wearing down the Kms before I can upsize to 235/60. I am very sceptical about the performance of MRFs. I still dont know whether the ride comfort is because of the MRFs or inspite of the MRFs- only the first tyre change will tell.

Spacers???? You've got to be kidding me. Please dont do it. It will not only compromise on your handling/comfort but will severely impact the safety also. IMO the duster is so finely designed, any modification (unless it is purely cosmetic) will negatively impact the vehicle performance. Case in point-air pressure. A slightly increased air pressure of 33 PSI instead of the recommended 29 PSI will see your duster jumping like a bullock cart.
Do give me your feedback if/when you upsize.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 17:06   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
On paper at least, 235/60 R16 for Duster is available from both Michelin and Bridgestone.
In michelin it is Latitude tour HP http://www.michelin.in/tyre/viewall/188 and in bridgestone it is dueler D687.
http://www.bridgestone.co.in/SelectT...atio=60&dia=16

However rim width for Duster is 6.5J whereas recommended rim width for 235/60 R16 is 7J. So, a wheel disc upgrade is also needed.
I have already upsized my alloys to 7J and using the OE MRFs. Iam wearing down the Kms before I can upsize to 235/60. I am very sceptical about the performance of MRFs. I still dont know whether the ride comfort is because of the MRFs or inspite of the MRFs- only the first tyre change will tell.

Spacers???? You've got to be kidding me. Please dont do it. It will not only compromise on your handling/comfort but will severely impact the safety also. IMO the duster is so finely designed, any modification (unless it is purely cosmetic) will negatively impact the vehicle performance. Case in point-air pressure. A slightly increased air pressure of 33 PSI instead of the recommended 29 PSI will see your duster jumping like a bullock cart.
Do give me your feedback if/when you upsize.
The size is only available on the web. I have tried almost all channels & I am told that the 235/60/16 is not available, here in India.

As per 1010tires.com wheel calculator the 235's can be fitted on 6 to 7.5J rims, so I am not overly concerned about that.

I am running 30 psi all around right now, and the ride is fine. Interestingly the recommended tyre pressure is not indicated on the B pillar, which it normally is

As for your reservation on spacers. I know of many people running "properly made" spacers with zero ill effects on the car. But anyway, I am not too inclined on using spacers myself. I would much rather try to get 235/60's

Thanks for your feedback

Cheers
Old 20th April 2013, 17:37   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
The size is only available on the web. I have tried almost all channels & I am told that the 235/60/16 is not available, here in India.
Hence my term "on paper at least" Sorry for not clarifying earlier. I too am running from pillar to post looking for 235/60. I lost one OE MRF due to very "unforeseen" circumstances and met a dealer in chennai whilst looking for a replacement. He has assured me that Hankook will be available from march but I have not got back to him.If not michelin or bridgestone at least yokohama is what I have in mind.
Very tempted to book online after reading this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html

However, common sense prevailed as I came to know that all tyres sold in India must have the BIS approval and if you book online, there is a possibility that you will not get it, at least in one piece. Anyways do share your success if you come across 235/60s. Will be closely following your posts hence forth for updates.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 17:54   #2309
Senior - BHPian

I was also truly inspired by the tirerack.com story, but it sure does not seem like a sure shot deal. Hence refraining for now

Cheers
Old 24th April 2013, 08:03   #2310
BHPian

In the last few weeks I have had to travel frequently on the highways at night and the one thing that I've noticed is that the lights are grossly inadequate when driving at speeds over 80 kmph. Both the light intensity and throw are bad and at times I've had to either slow down or in some instances I've jumped over some speed breakers at high speeds. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any changes in the bulbs that can be done?

Doc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks