Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2018, 13:18   #5791
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Considered LTX force or Primacy SUV (both from Michelin) while changing recently. Went with Primacy SUV because at the shop the following things went through my mind:
  • Primacy SUV was lighter
  • 95% of the running was on highways (better tyre for the purpose)
  • A little cheaper than LTX Force
  • Who was I going to be kidding putting an off road tyre on the 2WD Duster

Later I found that the steering effort was greatly reduced (from when I had the old Apollos) and the road noise was slightly lesser. Rest all of the good changes felt like they were owing to the change to brand new tyres with lots of tread compared to Apollos with 40k on them. Hoping that the Michelins last 50k.
Thanks Tgo. I am definitely not going for offroading in 2WD Duster but regularly drives through bad/non-existent roads. So thought AT may be a better option. I didn't get quote for Primacy range. Will check that also and then decide.
Old 6th April 2018, 22:24   #5792
BHPian

I recently bought a pre worshipped duster 85ps rxl optional 50k run, march 2015 manufactured. How to know the warranty status of the car? According to Team BHP official review of the duster, it comes with 4 years/80k kms standard warranty, which means it's still in the initial warranty period?
Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 10:18   #5793
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
I recently bought a pre worshipped duster 85ps rxl optional 50k run, march 2015 manufactured. How to know the warranty status of the car? According to Team BHP official review of the duster, it comes with 4 years/80k kms standard warranty, which means it's still in the initial warranty period?
Thanks
4 years 80k km is the maximum warranty. Usually they give 2 years 40k with the vehicle and the option to buy the remaining at an extra cost while buying the vehicle or before the first term is getting over. I don't think it is transferable to the second owner (which is very infuriating but that is how it is).

Download the my Renault app and enter the vehicle details. you will know if the warranty is still valid.
Old 17th April 2018, 23:33   #5794
BHPian

Given a make over for my 4 years old duster.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-2.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 17:40   #5795
BHPian

I lost my RxZ Duster key; yes, I just have the duplicate key; what are my options? Appreciate any ideas?
Old 20th April 2018, 12:49   #5796
BHPian

Best thing is to contact the Renault dealer in Coimbatore immediately and ask them for a solution. Somebody else may have the key and it is not safe to leave the vehicle with this possibility.
Old 21st April 2018, 14:34   #5797
BHPian

I just gave in my Duster for the 4th year service to and received a call from the service adviser telling me that the shockers need the oil replacement and that shocker mounts are damaged.

I did not notice any noise in the vehicle until now.The vehicle is out of warranty now, and the odemeter shows 26212 Kms. Have been advised a charge of Rs. 16,000 to fix this.

For now, I have asked him not to perform the replacement of mounts and oiling of the shockers because I feel that I may be better off in seeking a second opinion at another Renault workshop.

What would you suggest? Should the shocker mounts be replaced from another Renault workshop or am I better off getting it checked and corrected an an outside garage. Again, I have not come across any noise, or jerk while driving yet.
Old 21st April 2018, 15:24   #5798
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
I lost my RxZ Duster key; yes, I just have the duplicate key; what are my options? Appreciate any ideas?

The dealer can deactivate the lost key so that it cannot start the vehicle. Later you can order a new key and add it in your UCH (body computer) using the diagnostic tester.
spkingsley is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 17:48   #5799
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
What would you suggest?
Is it an AWD or 2WD model?

I have ever heard Shock oil change story by ASC. They usually say the shocks have failed by seeing the oil leak out of the oil seals and their remedy has been to change the shock absorbers altogether.

If he says they need an oil change I doubt what they are cooking now. How has he determined that the oil inside the shocks has gone bad? Is he going to get the shocks overhauled? Since when did Renault start being so cost conscious for the benefit of the customers?

Advise you to take a second opinion. For a vehicle with 26k on the Odo I doubt if there is anything wrong with the suspension. You may rest in peace and check the tyre pressures for starters.

Worst come worst, you can buy a set of Monroe (OEM replacement) shocks and VIR bushing/mount kits for all four corners for about 12K. PM me your number. Installation at a decent garage would cost about 2-4 K. so for the same amount of money you would have new suspension.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 21:10   #5800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just gave in my Duster for the 4th year service...I did not notice any noise in the vehicle until now.The vehicle is out of warranty now, and the odemeter shows 26212 Kms. Have been advised a charge of Rs. 16,000 to fix this.
If you and your co-passengers can't feel a problem or can't hear an irritating rattle then IMHO there's not even a need to seek a second opinion. Just ignore the SA.

Quote:
Worst come worst, you can buy a set of Monroe (OEM replacement) shocks and VIR bushing/mount kits for all four corners for about 12K. PM me your number. Installation at a decent garage would cost about 2-4 K. so for the same amount of money you would have new suspension.
Totally agree with this in principle especially since the car is now out-of-warranty; but AFAIK the Monroe replacement shocks are gas-filled and not oil dampened and Monroe is not offering the OE oil shocks for over-the counter sale. That's what I heard but I could be wrong here.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 22:54   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
If you and your co-passengers can't feel a problem or can't hear an irritating rattle then IMHO there's not even a need to seek a second opinion. Just ignore the SA.
Yes, none of us can hear a rattling noise while on the drive.

Upon delivery of the serviced vehicle, the SA told me that there was a seepage of oil in the shockers. He had suggested complete replacement of shockers for an approximate work order value of Rs. 16,000. For now, I just politely asked him to desist from this work order and I will see if I run into any issues at a later day.

I do not think there is a need for second opinion at this point of time.

Quote:
Is it an AWD or 2WD model?
It's a 2WD model and I read your comment from within the workshop and asked the guy desist from replacement of shockers. If need be, I will get the shockers replaced at a trusted workshop.

Thanks for your timely help; it did help in taking a quick decision.

I took delivery of the vehicle and all is fine. No noise or rattles.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2018 at 06:52. Reason: back to back posts merged
rdhawan15 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:56   #5802
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your timely help; it did help in taking a quick decision.
I usually don't reply so soon, good to know it was of help to you. Your case seemed like a perfect example of fleecing a customer with such little mileage on the car. They do the same thing with the wheel bearings, be careful in the future.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 11:07   #5803
BHPian

If the shocks are leaking, needs replacement as it affects the stability, braking distance and uneven wear on the tyres. A failed shock wont give any sound. Do a bouncing test on the suspension and if it bounces more than 4 then most probably needs a replacement
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 18:25   #5804
B_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Anybody has experience with Michelin LTX force tyres on Duster.

My stock MRF is due for replacement. I got a quote of 9300/- for LTX
I recently changed from Bridgestone to Michelin Primacy SUV. I feel that the road noise is a little louder than what the new Bridgestones made. Everything else is on par with the Bridgestones! wonder why the Michelins cost higher then? I hope they last longer with lesser punctures.
Old 8th May 2018, 14:03   #5805
BHPian

Dear Friends,

There is an update, after following this thread extensively (silently though), I have also booked myself a Duster 85 PS(RXS). Delivery due in 2 weeks, I am not sure how these 2 weeks will pass by.

Cheers!
DBeast is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks