Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 20:07   #301
BHPian

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaloverdoze View Post
Has anyone bought the face lifted version of the Cruze (2013)? If yes, please do share a few pictures.
You can check my thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

I own 2013 Chevy Cruze Automatic
Old 12th December 2013, 10:30   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaloverdoze View Post
Has anyone bought the face lifted version of the Cruze (2013)? If yes, please do share a few pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
You can check my thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

I own 2013 Chevy Cruze Automatic
I believe he is asking for the facelifted Cruze which was announced in Oct 2013.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:42   #303
BHPian

@RishiSuri - Thank you for the link, but as _raVan_ pointed out I meant 'the facelifted Cruze which was announced in Oct 2013' sorry for not being precise.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:52   #304
Senior - BHPian

Don't believe there's any thread dedicated to it. Believe me, I looked for it myself. Anyhow, reading up any of the 2nd Gen facelift's ownership reviews is just as good since most of the October 2013 changes are just cosmetic in nature.
Old 16th December 2013, 14:48   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Don't believe there's any thread dedicated to it. Believe me, I looked for it myself. Anyhow, reading up any of the 2nd Gen facelift's ownership reviews is just as good since most of the October 2013 changes are just cosmetic in nature.

True, but I am still eager to see one in flesh or at least a few realistic pictures, all the pictures I see on the net are professionals shot and don't give a realistic visual.
Old 17th December 2013, 08:12   #306
MDe
BHPian

A really shocking news of a Cruze catching fire on the outer ring road of Hyderabad. So far there is no news on what caused the fire. According to the news paper, the car was travelling on outer ring road when the driver noticed smoke, when they stopped and checked, the car suddenly went up in flames. It is scary and as a owner I am worried on the cause. This was a 2011 cruze. Police statement says that the car was well maintained and has good service record:
Old 27th December 2013, 16:45   #307
BANNED

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nder-hood.html

I had the option to choose between the Post 2013 CRUZE and the previous one. Cosmetic changes were not worth the Discount on the ones manufactured before October'13. Following are my observation on the changes-:
1)Fog Lamps are Vertical and a Little Bolder.
2)Front Grille appears smaller with change in design towards flat horizontal lines.
3)Side Air Bags for the Driver and front passenger for better safety.
4)Start Stop Switch is round instead of rectangular.
5)Front Head Lights are now more chinky.

There is no other change. You may follow my thread for a personal feedback on this machine.
Old 26th February 2014, 15:14   #308
BHPian

Hi all

Looks like I will be the first one on the forum to buy the facelifted Cruze in 2014! Have booked the LTZ and am expecting delivery by the weekend, unless the dealer goes back on his promise, again! This will be my second Chevy after the SRV, which I have driven for 1.1 lakh KMs!

Will post some pics as soon as I get the car home, and hopefully put up an ownership thread as well.
Old 1st March 2014, 14:48   #309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Hi all

Looks like I will be the first one on the forum to buy the facelifted Cruze in 2014! Have booked the LTZ and am expecting delivery by the weekend, unless the dealer goes back on his promise, again! This will be my second Chevy after the SRV, which I have driven for 1.1 lakh KMs!

Will post some pics as soon as I get the car home, and hopefully put up an ownership thread as well.
Congratulations to the CRUZE Family! "YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE MAN"I just came back from my Highway Trip of 1640Km DELHI-ALLAHABAD-VARANASI-DELHI on my Chevy CRUZE VCDI AT. Comfortably complete 825Km in single day with continuous driving of over 12Hrs. All credit goes to the Automatic tyranny and Cruise Control.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:06   #310
BANNED

My Stock Tyres on CRUZE are JK Vectra 205/60/R16 92V whereas I saw amother CRUZE with Pirelli 215/60/R16, wondering how the odometer is behaving with greater aspect ratio of the tyre?
Old 31st March 2014, 20:22   #311
BHPian

Guys, I have brought a used Cruze 3 months ago.2011 model LT grey colour.Car is well maintained and has done only 24k..but today wen i started the car ac was not working only fan was comingand in the in the display screen -40 degrees its showing ..i checked with a local garage but the gas everything is fine.anyone faced the same problem.if so please advice how to rectify it.
Old 1st April 2014, 16:14   #312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Guys, I have brought a used Cruze 3 months ago.2011 model LT grey colour.Car is well maintained and has done only 24k..but today wen i started the car ac was not working only fan was comingand in the in the display screen -40 degrees its showing ..i checked with a local garage but the gas everything is fine.anyone faced the same problem.if so please advice how to rectify it.
Evidently there is an issue with the thermal sensor, which is indicating very low temperature hence the compressor is not kicking in.

I sincerely recommend Chevrolet Authorized Workshop for a check up and subsequent change of defective component.

Last edited by kapursaket : 1st April 2014 at 16:16. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:12   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Did you get the car thoroughly inspected from any service station to verify everything in the car is working optimal? I know in USA when we used to buy cars we used to take to independent garage or service station to get 40 or 60 point inspection check to ensure the car is in optimal situation to be bought and if there are any repairs we used to negotiate with the seller who bears the cost or reduce the selling price.

That is a problem when buying used cars you dont know what conks off. I would recommend going to an authorized service station (not dealer) to inspect and get it fixed.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:35   #314
BANNED

SECOND CHEVY CRUZE HAS ARRIVED IN THE FAMILY
After having enjoyed the ride of a little over 7000KM on my Diamond White Chevy Cruze LTZ VCDI AT, pulled by 166 Horses(You may check my thread Brought home 166Horses) and having experienced the thrill of Cruise Control and effortless drive of Automatic Transmission, it is the graduated choice for near and dear ones seeking my advice while contemplating on buying a new car.

My dear Nephew brought home refreshed 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ VCDI AT and demystified the cosmetic changes from previous version. I am taking this as an opportunity to share the apparent changes as follows with some snaps to share-:
  1. Front Grille has Window AC like Horizontal Louvers and replaces the geometrical octagonal openings.
  2. Front head lights have Chrome periphery thus replacing the Smoky Ones.
  3. Fog Lights are now more vertical with chrome beading, replacing Audi like horizontal ones.
  4. Front Bumper has more bold lines replacing the sullenness.
  5. Side indicator lights are now moved to the OVRMS
  6. Feather touch Front Door Handles are now replaced by the Buttons on all four Doors.
  7. Alloy Wheels now have Ten Spokes.
  8. Rear Bumper has a horizontal Grooved line to bring in a break of otherwise broad looks.
  9. Two Side Air Bags find their way in Driver and co passenger seats.
  10. Start and Stop button is now round with a boundary of conspicuous chrome ring.
  11. Aluminium embellishment around the Gear Shift Lever and AC Vents is plain like the Gear Shift Knob, replacing the checkered finish.
  12. AC Vent Close and Open Symbols are now missing.
  13. P R N D indicators of automatic shifting guide are now on a strip thus replacing neatly placed individual circles.
  14. Horn is now Single Tone.

Leaving above observations as food for thought whether the new changes are appealing or appalling.
kapursaket is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 10:13   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a facelifted 2014 white one and it looked stunning. Have to admit, Bangalore is more Octavia/Laura oriented - this was the FIRST facelifted one I have seen so far!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks