Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:31   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

EW is a pre-condition for AMC

Remember, W / EW does not cover any wear & tear parts or consumables. AMC will cover those for youi.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:34   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Remember, W / EW does not cover any wear & tear parts or consumables. AMC will cover those for youi.
Actually, to clarify, EW is a pre-condition only for Gold and above.

It was not needed for the Silver AMC which I bought, though I did get the EW as well as part of the dealer package.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:38   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Actually, to clarify, EW is a pre-condition only for Gold and above.

It was not needed for the Silver AMC which I bought, though I did get the EW as well as part of the dealer package.

Guys - I agree - but please read the inclusions under the Value care Gold package - it says Extended warranty. So strictly speaking it means the Gold package already has EW bundled into it. So doesnt it mean the Rs 19895 chargeable for a 4 yr 40000 AMC includes the EW cost also ?
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:40   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - I agree - but please read the inclusions under the Value care Gold package - it says Extended warranty. So strictly speaking it means the Gold package already has EW bundled into it. So doesnt it mean the Rs 19895 chargeable for a 4 yr 40000 AMC includes the EW cost also ?
No it does not. Its as Condor has explained.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd September 2013 at 15:41.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:28   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Congratulations and happy birthday!
And coincidentally we had also booked my storme on my birthday with kamal & co. I took insurance from outside saving me 3k and getting a zero dep insurance. I also have gold amc for 4 years. For service I have moved to roshan motors Malviya nagar service station as kamal & co wasn't paying attention and the service advisor was a complete fool.
Thanks again, where did you took your insurance from, dealer says his insurance is also zero dep, but I really don't know.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:59   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post

Thanks again, where did you took your insurance from, dealer says his insurance is also zero dep, but I really don't know.
As far as I know tata insurance is not a zero dep, please confirm. Atleast it wasn't some 6 months back as I had confirmed with them.
I took it from Sbi general insurance, opposite to VW tonk road. It won't be cashless as tata insurance is not tied up with them. But they have tied up with roshan motors, and I too have shifted so no problem there also. My premium was 35.5k, whilst dealers offer was 39k from national insurance or new India.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:26   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
This is indeed a very good offer especially if the vehicle is a 2013 manufactured one. I am already hearing a higher offer from another dealer in Chennai ( compared to what I got ) and have escalated to TML. I wish they could atleast handle the sales process better
Hi Narayan,

Where in TML, any contacts will be useful for me, I am also exploring better offer which dealer is quoting in Jaipur. Considering Tata sales are down by approx 40% and they just sold 2500 odd Sumo/Safari, expecting better discounts and any contact in Tata will help me.

Thanks,
Sunit
Old 4th September 2013, 18:07   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Hi Narayan,

Where in TML, any contacts will be useful for me, I am also exploring better offer which dealer is quoting in Jaipur. Considering Tata sales are down by approx 40% and they just sold 2500 odd Sumo/Safari, expecting better discounts and any contact in Tata will help me.

Thanks,
Sunit
Sunit
From my experience TML was of no help at all. Pls keep pushing at dealer level. Check with all dealers as well. I did a bad job with negotiation because I wanted to close the deal quickly and get the beast home
Old 4th September 2013, 18:22   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

The Storme really needs a ACC. The cooling is not consistent, and Storme owners will know what I mean.
Old 4th September 2013, 18:29   #1525
BHPian

Last weekend travelled to Goa. Very stable at 120 - 130. Did not try going faster . Mileage of 12.5 (Tank full to empty method). The tank should have at least been 60 liters minimum, by the time I reached Ankola I was driving on fumes.
While returning we visited Gokarna, Jog falls and took the Shimoga route.
Did not have to shift down to 1st gear while climbing the Ghats towards Jog falls. As soon as we entered Bangalore it started raining heavily and the rubber beading is leaking near the driver door. TATA quality is legendary . Make no mistake I did enjoy the drive and it was not tiring at all.
I guess when you buy a safari or bullet, you just learn to live with niggles.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th September 2013 at 18:42.
CharlesA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 19:54   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Last weekend travelled to Goa. Very stable at 120 - 130. Did not try going faster . Mileage of 12.5 (Tank full to empty method). The tank should have at least been 60 liters minimum, by the time I reached Ankola I was driving on fumes.
Safari Storme has fuel capacity of 55 L only that means you get more mileage than what you have calculated. I hope you didn't refilled your tank in between as you mentioned "Tank full to empty method"

Where are the photographs of your visit?
Old 4th September 2013, 21:49   #1527

Hi Guys,

I am expecting delivery of my Storme Ex in the next few days.

I have been checking out the accessories list and looking for some advice on buying of the Reverse Camera/ Sensor (being an EX, it does not come as standard). Has anyone installed a TATA branded reverse camera or a sensor (which fits on the Inside RVM) in their Storme? If I installed it from outside, would it void the warranty?

I also checked out the Explorer kit and especially the 2 Din system. A reverse camera can be integrated into this (will be a separate buy). There was no display Storme at the dealer's place when I checked out the 2 Din system so could not check how it would actually fit in the place of the current system. Though as others have reported, it does seem it would obstruct the space below the current unit, so does not seem very appealing.

I guess going for any outside 2 din (I checked out Map My India systems as well) which fits on the dashboard, would also surely void the warranty. is that correct?
Old 4th September 2013, 21:57   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

12.5 kmpl is fine for those speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Safari Storme has fuel capacity of 55 L only that means you get more mileage than what you have calculated.
How ?
Old 4th September 2013, 22:16   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
12.5 kmpl is fine for those speeds.How ?
Kindly note my inputs are on the basis of my below assumption:

I hope you didn't refilled your tank in between as you mentioned "Tank full to empty method"

CharlesA would have calculated the mileage keeping in mind 60 Liters where as the capacity is max. 55 Liters, so he might have taken few Liters extra in the calculation of mileage.

correct me if my finding is incorrect or i misunderstood something.
Old 5th September 2013, 09:20   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
CharlesA would have calculated the mileage keeping in mind 60 Liters where as the capacity is max. 55 Liters, so he might have taken few Liters extra in the calculation of mileage..
Saurabh, i do know that the tank capacity is 55 litres. What was said is thre tank capacity should be atleast min 60 litres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks