Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 09:26   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

@Saurabh, your post was not clear. Please see the part of your earlier post that I had quoted. And I am not able to understand your post done yesterday, esp with ref to your earlier post.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:55   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
CharlesA would have calculated the mileage keeping in mind 60 Liters where as the capacity is max. 55 Liters, so he might have taken few Liters extra in the calculation of mileage.

correct me if my finding is incorrect or i misunderstood something.
Saurabh, the mileage would be calculated by dividing the total kms run (difference between two fuel fills) by the number of liters filled at the second fill. It does not matter whether the tank capacity is 60 or 55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Saurabh, your post was not clear. Please see the part of your earlier post that I had quoted. And I am not able to understand your post done yesterday, esp with ref to your earlier post.
condor, I think Saurabh had assumed top up of 5 litres (60 minus 55) over and above auto cutoff.

I hope I am mot adding a third calculation here!

Do any of you use the Storme for a daily city commute. Would you recommend it for one?!
Old 5th September 2013, 12:17   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Do any of you use the Storme for a daily city commute. Would you recommend it for one?!
I use it for my daily office commute of 25kms ( to and fro ) in more or less peak traffic. I find it quite convenient

+
1) Good visibility
2) Size matters in todays traffic
3) Light clutch and fairly light steering
4) enough power to make quick moves in 2/3 gears

-
1) There are some alternate routes I used to take in case there is heavy traffic in the main roads - which I now avoid because those routes are narrow for the Storme
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 13:52   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Mileage of 12.5 (Tank full to empty method). The tank should have at least been 60 liters minimum, by the time I reached Ankola I was driving on fumes.
Quote:
Saurabh, the mileage would be calculated by dividing the total kms run (difference between two fuel fills) by the number of liters filled at the second fill. It does not matter whether the tank capacity is 60 or 55.

condor, I think Saurabh had assumed top up of 5 litres (60 minus 55) over and above auto cutoff.

I hope I am mot adding a third calculation here!
@Selfdrive, I agree that the method of calculation is same what you have described.

The point which I made was "Safari Storme's fuel capacity is 55 L not 60 L" as CharlesA mentioned the tank had 60 L minimum.

This way I thought if mileage is calculated on the basis of 60 L of Diesel in tank then he might have divided the total KMs by 5 L extra fuel. So if total no. of KM is divided by lower value then you will get higher mileage.

Selfdrive, You are not making a third calculation. You are just making an explanation which I was suppose to make. Thanks!

@condor, I think this explains my point of view.

-
SS
Old 5th September 2013, 13:57   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Storme really needs a ACC. The cooling is not consistent, and Storme owners will know what I mean.
In the early days I was disappointed. Especially with cooling of the rear part of the cabin and lack of air flow volume to the 3rd row.

Then they did some adjustment to some "gate" internally which was not properly closed/adjusted, and so outside smells would get into the cabin even on recirculate mode.

After that it has been #1 Kulfi setting most times. The only thing to do then is shut off the AC and put it back on again after you start losing the frostbite from your fingers.

Quote:
I do. Its not as easy as the Baleno for darting and quick cutting through traffic obviously, but other than that its stress free in general.

The only stress is people getting in too close from the left side. Because of the height, from your peripheral vision you often miss the low cars in terms of how close their bonnets (or mirrors) are to you till you actually look. Bikes are easier.

Last edited by ebonho : 5th September 2013 at 14:03.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:03   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Saurabh, i do know that the tank capacity is 55 litres. What was said is thre tank capacity should be atleast min 60 litres.
Thanks for the clarification.

As you said "The tank should have at least been 60 liters minimum"

As the capacity word was not there in the statement so I assumed that you was saying that you had at least 60 litres of diesel in fuel tank.

I do agree that fuel tank capacity should have not been reduced to 55L from existing 65L capacity in Dicor.

Finally you got good mileage, great drive and excellent time on the trip.

-
SS
Old 5th September 2013, 18:06   #1537
BHPian

Booked my Storme VX 4X4 today and hope to lay my hands on it before 19th...

Wish me luck...
The_Warrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 18:59   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post

Wish me luck...
Congratulations warrior...hope you enjoy driving your new vehicle :-)
Old 5th September 2013, 19:25   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wish me luck...
Congrats Warrior. gud luck with purchase.

have they increased/decreased prices recently ? specially after edition of new stuff.
Old 5th September 2013, 19:51   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Congrats Warrior. gud luck with purchase.

have they increased/decreased prices recently ? specially after edition of new stuff.
Thank...

They have introduced the explorer edition which is costlier by around apprx 60k I guess

Quote:

Congratulations warrior...hope you enjoy driving your new vehicle :-)
Thanks buddy!! Looking forward to a mile crunching ownership...

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th September 2013 at 22:28. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option if posting within 30mins. Thanks!
Old 5th September 2013, 20:50   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wish me luck...
Congrats Warrior. Can you pls post the colour, deal you have got.

Last 2 months there seems to be a sudden increase in the number of ppl in the forum going for the Storme. I think if TML does some aggressive road shows etc they can easily sell atleast 1500 Stormes per month. Anyway I'm not complaining - I'm enjoying the exclusivity
Old 5th September 2013, 21:07   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay_D View Post
Hi Guys,

I am expecting delivery of my Storme Ex in the next few days.

I have been checking out the accessories list and looking for some advice on buying of the Reverse Camera/ Sensor (being an EX, it does not come as standard). Has anyone installed a TATA branded reverse camera or a sensor (which fits on the Inside RVM) in their Storme? If I installed it from outside, would it void the warranty?

I also checked out the Explorer kit and especially the 2 Din system. A reverse camera can be integrated into this (will be a separate buy). There was no display Storme at the dealer's place when I checked out the 2 Din system so could not check how it would actually fit in the place of the current system. Though as others have reported, it does seem it would obstruct the space below the current unit, so does not seem very appealing.

I guess going for any outside 2 din (I checked out Map My India systems as well) which fits on the dashboard, would also surely void the warranty. is that correct?
Congrats, at what price you bought, what was the discount offered and provided by dealer,please share
Old 5th September 2013, 21:18   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
The Storme really needs a ACC. The cooling is not consistent, and Storme owners will know what I mean.
I agree with condor , most of the time even I have felt that AC is too cool and then one need to keep fiddling with temperature settings every now and then to get the optimum, I came across a link in one of the online shop where they sell after market Automatic climate control for all cars which costs around 5k, not sure if it really works and also will it void warranty if we fix it?

pls let me know if anyone has this kind of device installed

I am not sure if i can post the link of the website here!

Old 5th September 2013, 22:46   #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5

Congrats, at what price you bought, what was the discount offered and provided by dealer,please share
Thanks sunlit.

The price for EX on road in Thane is 13.33. I booked on 10th August and got a discount of 20 k, which TML was offering + dealer discount of 5 k + 2 k corporate discount. Total 27 k. I could have got a higher corp discount but did not negotiate further as i wanted the car latest by mid of september. Also, I am opting for self insurance from SBI which is coming to 28.5k. Dealer's quote was 45 k. Will be going for a PDI tomorrow as the car has arrived at the dealer's yard.
abhay_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 23:14   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
In the early days I was disappointed. Especially with cooling of the rear part of the cabin and lack of air flow volume to the 3rd row.

Then they did some adjustment to some "gate" internally which was not properly closed/adjusted, and so outside smells would get into the cabin even on recirculate mode.
Can you pls. throw some light on what 'gate' settings are you referring to that made your AC a chiller & what did you complain the A** people that made them do this setting. My storme's AC is not a chiller its just Ok & i don't like that. (Even in blue light mode)

I just wish it was better just like my corolla's AC which brings a smile on my face and chills the cabin even when set at 25 deg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks