Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:06   #2281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Vignesh nice basebal bat. I personally carry a police issue metal baton with non-skid grip under the floor mat of the co-drivers Always good to be prepared. Scout motto.
Hmm ebonho,1.Bullet 2.Storme 3.autoform 4. In-Car 'hand-held' Equipment...so I continue to discover a trail of similarities.Are we related?!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:49   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviG View Post
This is what I picked up from another auto forum where one of a Storme owner went on twitter criticizing the design head (very harsh and unwarranted for) who then replied back to his tweet.

I do hope they do something nice for the Storme's interiors on the lines of the Zest and Bolt's interiors. Just my view.
Incidentally, Pratap Bose is a contemporary of mine from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. Spoke to him during the Auto Expo (6th), but he was there only for a day, so could not meet him.
Old 23rd February 2014, 19:09   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
If you honestly ask most Storme owners what they feel is missing in their vehicles or what they are not happy with or what they feel cheated as paying customers for not getting (in terms of expected value for money spent) what do most of us Storme owners out here on Team BHP feel (pertaining to what we have paid for the models we bought)? My list: 1) A fancy info screen thingy in the central part of the dash. In fact, the Aria's music setup transplanted into the Storme would be perfect! 2) ORVM's that fold inwards when parked. 3) Under hood light. (now fixed) 4) Cigarette lighter socket for 3rd row. (now fixed) 5) Separate A/c vents (in the pillars maybe) for the 3rd row. 6) Extreme left and right A/c dash vents that can be positioned to direct cold air to face and torso instead of either bone chilling the (co)driver's hands or knees. 7) A larger enclosed (with lid) storage space between the two front seats. 8) Reverse parking (only sensors will do) in the IRVM in all models. 9) Reclining backrest for middle row. 10) Broader arm rests for the front seats (the Aria ones are so much nicer). 11) More sideways lateral support to the front seats (especially driver's). 12) Dead pedal near the clutch. 13) A sensible configuartion of the roof rails so that we have the option of fitting a full roof lenth expedition/safari sized roof carrier rather than the silly small ones (lopsidedly placed front biased currently) we can fit now. That's my 1 year ownership wish list. Everything else perfect!
As a 4x4 owner all I ask is for 4x4 strome please provide AT tyres from the factory this would be a boon .
Old 24th February 2014, 10:59   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Hmm ebonho,1.Bullet 2.Storme 3.autoform 4. In-Car 'hand-held' Equipment...so I continue to discover a trail of similarities.Are we related?!
Come to think of it, now that my son is bigger than me in size (6'2" 82 kilos), would be a good idea to get him something as well. Are the wooden bats better or the aluminium ones? Under the carpet of the 3rd row is the perfect place. Longer reach as well.

Frankly I think there are strong similarities between most Safari owners. Its a coincidence or what I do not know, but most own (or owned) Bullets as well.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 21:48   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Come to think of it, now that my son is bigger than me in size (6'2" 82 kilos), would be a good idea to get him something as well. Are the wooden bats better or the aluminium ones? Under the carpet of the 3rd row is the perfect place. Longer reach as well. Frankly I think there are strong similarities between most Safari owners. Its a coincidence or what I do not know, but most own (or owned) Bullets as well.
Though the Aluminium ones will prove more effective in an actual scenario, there is no replacement for a good old wood. Now, let's close this discussion before we are banned for war monging. And I totally agree, most Safari owners are indeed like minded.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 12:57   #2286
BHPian

Just wanted share though it being OT.

How Nice

Definitely likeminded people here.

A Safari, a RE Std 350 and couple of days back only i was searching base ball bat to buy online for dual purpose. one for playing hit balls with my kid and other for taking it with me during the rides for some basic safety .

Read this thread from top to toe, seriously considering a Storme in future. if not me, my kid will never agree to buy a sedan or hatch. Though we have couple of sedan's in family, she likes to ride only in safari for the ride comfort and space she enjoys.

Last edited by BulZire : 25th February 2014 at 13:01.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 15:20   #2287
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
As a 4x4 owner all I ask is for 4x4 strome please provide AT tyres from the factory this would be a boon .
You're in good company there. A 4x4 Thar also comes with Dueler HTs too. Must be CMVR or Economics...
Old 25th February 2014, 18:22   #2288
BHPian

I have made up my mind to go for the Storme EX 4x2. I have paid many visits to the local TATA dealership (Oberoi Cars) in Noida and they have been over enthusiastic to sell me one too. However, there are rumors on many forums that a refreshed version is in the on the cards and the same may be launched soon. Now Iam thoroughly confused. Should I wait or should I go for the current version as it is (Excise Cut has helped in reduction of prices). If the refreshed version is due to be launced in March-April then Iam inclined to wait. Kindly advise/suggest ?
Old 25th February 2014, 19:03   #2289
Distinguished - BHPian

@Turbo1787, that's the eternal question !

Personally, I dont expect any refresh till Diwali, but I could be wrong. But then, the prices are currently down, and you could save a small sum by going for it now.

No clear answer, but you need to decide ..
All the best ! May you get the right Storme, and may you enjoy it for a long long time !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 19:13   #2290
Senior - BHPian

National in Pune has launched some scheme for polishing the entire truck for an added cost of 600 bucks. Don't know if its worth it, but being black thought of asking them to go ahead as Beastie is there for her 1 year/15000 km service (got Mobil purchased and put in - instead of the drum walla Castrol) - covered in AMC of course. The fuel filter is for 1800 bucks (covered in AMC). Oil filter 242 bucks. Transmision oil changed also (some 2.5 liters - don't know cost - covered in AMC). Some 175 odd bucks charged for battery vaselines, synthetic/silicone lube sprays for window glasses, etc. - not covered in AMC. Guys I am a little confused. There are two pockets under the midle row right - fastened by velcro felt straps? The right one has the jack, triangle, and toolkit. What does the smaller left one have? The truck came back with it empty and I cannot remember what it was supposed to hold. Truck feels nice and peppy, and clutch is super soft. Looking forward to the drive back home tonight.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 19:25   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1787 View Post
Should I wait or should I go for the current version as it is (Excise Cut has helped in reduction of prices).
Has TATA announced the price cut? If yes, by how much?
Old 25th February 2014, 22:57   #2292
BHPian

@condor: I guess you are correct. It is an eternal question indeed. I think March would be a good time to buy it, as financial year closing means targets and targets lead to discounts(Hopefully).

@sourabhzen: The Storme Ex 4x2 Ex-Showroom Price (Noida) was Rs.11,49,305/- and the Price post the excise duty reduction is Rs.10,98,119/-.
turbo1787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:44   #2293
Distinguished - BHPian

@Turbo1787 - and everyone one else considering the Storme :

I really really hope that TML does not remove the rear disc brakes that we have now !! I hope all future versions continue with the rear disc's and not with drums.

Last edited by condor : 26th February 2014 at 08:45.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 10:51   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Turbo1787 - and everyone one else considering the Storme :

I really really hope that TML does not remove the rear disc brakes that we have now !! I hope all future versions continue with the rear disc's and not with drums.
Is there talk of that to cut costs? First the HU now the discs? What next? ABS? Power steering and windows? Someone told me that there is a new Sumo or Grande or some such with a revised dash that may also be integrated into the new Stormes(central display, 2 DIN etc.)

Last edited by ebonho : 26th February 2014 at 10:52.
Old 26th February 2014, 12:47   #2295
Senior - BHPian

So, I thought I waited long enough to semi retire Black Storm, hence went ahead and got myself this:

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-5.jpg

A Storme VX 4x2, Urban Bronze, upgrades are, Michelin Latitude Cross in OE spec, the car came with the Blaupunkt touchscreen HU, I got rear headrest screens and a reverse camera complimentary from the dealer. I just bought some decent rubber floor mats and I'm satisfied with the package.
It's been a month today and the vehicle has done 5300kms already.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 26th February 2014 at 12:50.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed