Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 20:44   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Saw this accessory at the tata stall auto expo.Looks pricey.Wondering about its practical utilitarin value against a conventional jack
But its 22.5k Rupees, thats a lot
Old 13th February 2014, 22:29   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Was it the Clutch Release Bearing (CRB)? If so, did the noise in your vehicle start with a slight grinding / rattling sound while shifting down? I ask since I can also feel a slight CRB noise when I downshift from 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd while slowing down. I will be getting to the 5000km service in about 10-12 days, so would like to correctly identify the issue and present the same at that time.

Also, since you are in Gurgaon, it may be interesting to meet up. I live in Sector 56.

Hi sasi, they did not change any bearing but they tightened the setup and lubricated it. The noise was not a rattling sound but it's like something is deeply rusted.

I was staying in sec 56 and recently moved to sec 51. We can meet. I will pm my number
vipulkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 22:36   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Was it the Clutch Release Bearing (CRB)? If so, did the noise in your vehicle start with a slight grinding / rattling sound while shifting down? I ask since I can also feel a slight CRB noise when I downshift from 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd while slowing down. I will be getting to the 5000km service in about 10-12 days, so would like to correctly identify the issue and present the same at that time.

Also, since you are in Gurgaon, it may be interesting to meet up. I live in Sector 56.

Cannot send a message it says don't have rights :0
Old 14th February 2014, 22:52   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviG View Post
Friends, I've finalized on buying the Storme EX very soon but I'm holding back after I heard rumors that Tata is planning on getting a refresh interior pretty soon. I've tried to look it up but could not find details anywhere yet. Anyone here has any inside scoop of it ?

Does it make sense to hold on my purchase for a few months ? Please advise.
If you are not in hurry then you should wait for some time as with the new refreshed version, Safari Storme may come up with 155-160bhp of power output and a massive 400Nm of torque whereas current Safari Storme produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-51.html

http://motorbash.com/spied-interesti...safari-storme/

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 06:06   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
If you are not in hurry then you should wait for some time as with the new refreshed version, Safari Storme may come up with 155-160bhp of power output and a massive 400Nm of torque whereas current Safari Storme produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque.SS
Could it be possible that this new version with the tweaked engine specs could come in an Auto'box only Variant???
Old 16th February 2014, 10:46   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Saw this accessory at the tata stall auto expo.Looks pricey.Wondering about its practical utilitarin value against a conventional jack
I have one of these here in Dubai; a life saver especially when you do not have to get all your tools out and worry about having a proper base.

MRP 22,500? Woah!
Old 18th February 2014, 23:35   #2257
BHPian

Still not happy with what I think is the CRB noise. Anyone here has any idea how to check this and ascertain if its the CRB indeed? I am at about 3800km now and service isn't due till 5000, so how can this be sorted out?
Old 19th February 2014, 14:56   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviG View Post
Friends, I've finalized on buying the Storme EX very soon but I'm holding back after I heard rumors that Tata is planning on getting a refresh interior pretty soon. I've tried to look it up but could not find details anywhere yet. Anyone here has any inside scoop of it ?

Does it make sense to hold on my purchase for a few months ? Please advise.
I just had a word with a TML Sales guy in Noida.
All 2014 Stormes are coming without any music system ( HU and Speakers). I personally feel this is much better, as evry owner can customise his/her ICE.
I was also informed that the cut in excise duty would be reflected in the rates within a week.
turbo1787 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 15:31   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1787 View Post
I just had a word with a TML Sales guy in Noida.

All 2014 Stormes are coming without any music system ( HU and Speakers). I personally feel this is much better, as evry owner can customise his/her ICE.

I was also informed that the cut in excise duty would be reflected in the rates within a week.
I don't understand how it is better to pay the same money but get less? Agreed the speakers are not the best, but most people agree that the HU is quality stuff. Plus it had built in BT as well. That's approx. 20K worth of stuff you do not get for the same amount of money paid.

The reduction in excise duty element on the other hand is definitely great news for prospective buyer. I heard Innova was going to see a slash of an unthinkable 75K. Some similar figures for Scorpio and XUV. So I am guessing at least half a lac cheaper - which is great.

Just say a prayer for the country while awailing of this last gasp PC-ish Congress handout ....

Last edited by ebonho : 19th February 2014 at 15:36.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 23:06   #2260
BHPian

Hello everybody, I had met the brand manager for safari storme during the auto expo earlier this month. off the record, she admitted that by September a new version of the beast should be expected. Likely are the changes under the hood and a new music system. I wonder if it is worth waiting that long.
Old 20th February 2014, 23:22   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Hello everybody, I had met the brand manager for safari storme during the auto expo earlier this month. off the record, she admitted that by September a new version of the beast should be expected. Likely are the changes under the hood and a new music system. I wonder if it is worth waiting that long.
If you are not in dire need and if the brand manager is right (let's hope so), then waiting might be a good idea. In my case, I was in dire need and so it didn't matter if they were changing the whole car or not, six months down the line. And who knows; by September, you might change your mind too. :-)
In a nutshell, if you are in need, whatever version is current will fit your bill. If you are not, then the world is your playground, so play on as long as you desire!
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 06:31   #2262
Distinguished - BHPian

@Libra, that is still speculative info from that person. Importantly, the current Storme is mature, as we are seeing it. The recent tax reduction will also help the prices.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 12:18   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Libra, that is still speculative info from that person. Importantly, the current Storme is mature, as we are seeing it. The recent tax reduction will also help the prices.
If you honestly ask most Storme owners what they feel is missing in their vehicles or what they are not happy with or what they feel cheated as paying customers for not getting (in terms of expected value for money spent) what do most of us Storme owners out here on Team BHP feel (pertaining to what we have paid for the models we bought)?

My list:

1) A fancy info screen thingy in the central part of the dash. In fact, the Aria's music setup transplanted into the Storme would be perfect!

2) ORVM's that fold inwards when parked.

3) Under hood light. (now fixed)

4) Cigarette lighter socket for 3rd row. (now fixed)

5) Separate A/c vents (in the pillars maybe) for the 3rd row.

6) Extreme left and right A/c dash vents that can be positioned to direct cold air to face and torso instead of either bone chilling the (co)driver's hands or knees.

7) A larger enclosed (with lid) storage space between the two front seats.

8) Reverse parking (only sensors will do) in the IRVM in all models.

9) Reclining backrest for middle row.

10) Broader arm rests for the front seats (the Aria ones are so much nicer).

11) More sideways lateral support to the front seats (especially driver's).

12) Dead pedal near the clutch.

13) A sensible configuartion of the roof rails so that we have the option of fitting a full roof lenth expedition/safari sized roof carrier rather than the silly small ones (lopsidedly placed front biased currently) we can fit now.

That's my 1 year ownership wish list. Everything else perfect!
ebonho is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 12:25   #2264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
If you honestly ask most Storme owners what they feel is missing in their vehicles or what they are not happy with or what they feel cheated as paying customers for not getting (in terms of expected value for money spent) what do most of us Storme owners out here on Team BHP feel (pertaining to what we have paid for the models we bought)?

My list:

1) A fancy info screen thingy in the central part of the dash. In fact, the Aria's music setup transplanted into the Storme would be perfect!

2) ORVM's that fold inwards when parked.

3) Under hood light. (now fixed)

4) Cigarette lighter socket for 3rd row. (now fixed)

5) Separate A/c vents (in the pillars maybe) for the 3rd row.

6) Extreme left and right A/c dash vents that can be positioned to direct cold air to face and torso instead of either bone chilling the (co)driver's hands or knees.

7) A larger enclosed (with lid) storage space between the two front seats.

8) Reverse parking (only sensors will do) in the IRVM in all models.

9) Reclining backrest for middle row.

10) Broader arm rests for the front seats (the Aria ones are so much nicer).

11) More sideways lateral support to the front seats (especially driver's).

12) Dead pedal near the clutch.

13) A sensible configuartion of the roof rails so that we have the option of fitting a full roof lenth expedition/safari sized roof carrier rather than the silly small ones (lopsidedly placed front biased currently) we can fit now.

That's my 1 year ownership wish list. Everything else perfect!
Dear Vistasp (Ebonho) - thanks!!! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 12:28   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vistasp (Ebonho) - thanks!!! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Most welcome Behram.

Now please give me some of these on my Storme when you introduce them in the new version. As a sign of the company's appreciation to customer loyalty.

P.S. Forgot one more ......

14) Cup holders that are deeper and positioned where driver and co-driver can actually use them (and not where they are now - useless totally)

Last edited by ebonho : 21st February 2014 at 12:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks