Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 02:32   #2161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Looking for alloys for my Storme and want to keep to the original specs of 6.5 J. However, most of the dealers I talk to seem to be out of options for this spec alloys. Any pointers as to where I can get these other than the OEM TATA alloys?
IMO, if you are looking at after market alloys, you won't get a size less than 7J. I don't think any manufacturer does 6.5J apart from OEM alloys.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:26   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Thats right - most of the designs in the aftermarket are 7J or 7.5J. But I remember asking this question around August last year when I was about to take delivery of the beast and members indicating that going upto 7J is fine and should not foul with the inner wheel well.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:58   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
I saw a tweet from Akshya on break line and universal joint being faulty.
Not sure about the history of the issue, have attached the pictures.
Any idea on this? Anyone else faced similar issues.

Even after seeing these posts my heart still beats for Storme
I was not able to fully understand what this was about. Are you talking of the handbrake? I can understand the universal joint bit; should be the one at the differential, right?
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:52   #2164
BHPian

After a hard day's work :-)

Name:  ForumRunner_20140122_185047.png
Views: 2097
Size:  404.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140122_185108.png
Views: 2114
Size:  470.8 KB

I am very happy with the wiper wash system, both front and rear. Its a pleasure to drive the beast in rain.

BTW, I did some spirited driving (by my standards) in the last fill and the FE was 12.57.

Last edited by sasi405 : 22nd January 2014 at 18:54.
sasi405 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:53   #2165
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my Storme. Though the weather was bad, we reached showroom at 1000 hrs, and drove out by 1230. 50 kms flied away sooner than expected, and it landed in my parking area. After puja at nearby temple the car is now taking rest, while I'm still restless.. Searching my mental database for some suitable pet name for the new member. Suggestions are solicited, pics will follow soon.
Thanking you all once again for the motivation and support.
YGarg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:13   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Thats right - most of the designs in the aftermarket are 7J or 7.5J. But I remember asking this question around August last year when I was about to take delivery of the beast and members indicating that going upto 7J is fine and should not foul with the inner wheel well.
While 7J might not pose any fitment issues, I am worried about warranty issues.

On further searching, I have been able to find a few alloys from Sai Mag within the required specs. Let me see what I can dig up. Any reviews of their alloys?
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:24   #2167
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyre vs Rim size

Quote:
neel385 : While 7J might not pose any fitment issues..
7J should be fine for OE size.

Extract from Yokohama's website:

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-yokosize.jpg

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/de...eolandar_a_t_s

(note: details of other sizes edited)
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:41   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
While 7J might not pose any fitment issues, I am worried about warranty issues. On further searching, I have been able to find a few alloys from Sai Mag within the required specs. Let me see what I can dig up. Any reviews of their alloys?
Sai Mag has a huge design base and never heard bad about their quality till now.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 02:09   #2169
BHPian

Hello guys,
Are the 2014 Stormes provided with the in-dash 1-DIN system? Or are they removing that and we will have to buy the 2-DIN (offered in the explorer edition kit) separately?
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2014, 13:21   #2170
BHPian

Attaching some of the initial clicks of my beauty. At the showroom, during puja, and finally taking rest at home after a wash.
I haven't installed any accessories yet, but considering Fabric seat covers, Rear bumper guard, and reversing camera, suggestions from senior Stormers are welcome for the brand / design / color of these to go for so as to suit this shade.
Regarding camera display, should I choose IRVM mounted or dash mounted LCD? Is it possible (& useful) to have a front camera also (to see the animals / objects right in the front at crawling speeds) in addition to the reversing cam connecting to same display unit?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7022.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7044.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7037.jpg  

YGarg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 15:40   #2171
Distinguished - BHPian

@YGarg, Congrats again !
(my post there got deleted :| )

Pls remove the ribbon on the bonnet soon. (I know the relationship to the feeling & announcement of a new car ).
When you drive, it flutters in the wind, and this will cause scratches on the paint. The effect is directly proportional to the length of free ribbon (length between where it is stuck).
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 15:56   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@YGarg, Congrats again !
(my post there got deleted :| )

Pls remove the ribbon on the bonnet soon. (I know the relationship to the feeling & announcement of a new car ).
When you drive, it flutters in the wind, and this will cause scratches on the paint. The effect is directly proportional to the length of free ribbon (length between where it is stuck).
Your love for the cars shows-up clearly here!
Bonnet and other ribbons were already tied by the dealer on D-day, else I'd have told them not to. But now I do have the plan to remove them soon along with their rear counterparts.
BTW for paint protection, what's your choice among Teflon coating, Waxing and PPF?

Last edited by YGarg : 24th January 2014 at 15:57.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 16:02   #2173
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Regarding camera display, should I choose IRVM mounted or dash mounted LCD? Is it possible (& useful) to have a front camera also (to see the animals / objects right in the front at crawling speeds) in addition to the reversing cam connecting to same display unit?
IRVM mounted unit would be best but it may shake a bit on rough roads impacting rear vision.

Front Camera is pointless. Though front sensors will help in parking and can be helpful. But front sensors are generally not possible if you fit a guard.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 16:24   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Storme Garg!

Personally, I am very happy and satisfied with the 4 sensor Acorn unit I have fitted on my Storme for reverse. It leaves a gap of 10-12 inches when the O long beep sounds. Close enough for such a big haathi. I did not want to lose my OE IRVM by adding those clip on units (because of the quality of the glass/ anti reflective treatment as well as the shaking), and a dash monitor is useless except for hearing (because it is out of your natural line of sight as by default you would be looking back directly between the seats or in the IRVM, or the ORVMs. So if you anyways are dependent on sound, and the IRVM, better to have the sensor unit stuck on top of the IRVM.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 18:57   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for alloys for my Storme and want to keep to the original specs of 6.5 J. However, most of the dealers I talk to seem to be out of options for this spec alloys. Any pointers as to where I can get these other than the OEM TATA alloys?
While buying alloys for my storme i was very particular about them being 6.5J and finally after some hardwork i found out the 6.5J alloy.

It looks good and the original bolts fit properly on it , they dont go too deep inside the holes, just as perfect as OEM alloy. Done 10000 kms and no issues touchwood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks