Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 09:45   #2116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
.. there is a pre-registration check list also in addition to the PDI checklist. Do both. A lot less complications refusing a vehicle pre registration.
+1.

@YGarg, the checks are best done before you pay full amount. If you can, take the payment / papers with you, do the checks & then hand over the payment. But dont forget to do the checks before you take delivery. And record on paper, every single thing (that needs attention) before you take it out of the showroom on D-day.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 19:55   #2117
BHPian

10k on the odo.No niggles.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140116_195521.png
Views: 2277
Size:  556.9 KB

Oops.Mods sorry for the flipped image
Attached Images

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 16th January 2014 at 19:59.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 20:06   #2118
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vignesh - was just seeing your thread, and you post here too ! And the locations - envious !

What's the FE at this point ?
Old 16th January 2014, 20:28   #2119
BHPian

Thanks.Location is lansdowne.Im getting around 12 kmpl on my daily run to work this month.Happy enough.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:31   #2120
BHPian

Delhi NCR Stormers, I have an idea. Why can't we meet somewhere and jointly do drives in each other's trucks, to see if there are differences in the way they behave, identify points that may have escaped our attention (since we are driving the same vehicle everyday) and become active with TATA / TASS for maintenance, service, benefits etc.
This will also help us form a club, with maybe doing trips together etc.
Please share your views.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:04   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Delhi NCR Stormers, I have an idea. Why can't we meet somewhere and jointly do drives in each other's trucks, to see if there are differences in the way they behave, identify points that may have escaped our attention (since we are driving the same vehicle everyday) and become active with TATA / TASS for maintenance, service, benefits etc.
This will also help us form a club, with maybe doing trips together etc.
Please share your views.
I was thinking along the same lines for Mumbai/Pune. Spoke to Madhu about it too. Would be great for Safari/Storme guys to have a club which could also act as a local and physical (versus this great virtual one) self help group, for tech issues, parts, service, contacts, etc. and also to just get together for some nice weekend drives in our beastie boys.
Old 18th January 2014, 08:10   #2122
BHPian

Quote:

I was thinking along the same lines for Mumbai/Pune. Spoke to Madhu about it too. Would be great for Safari/Storme guys to have a club which could also act as a local and physical (versus this great virtual one) self help group, for tech issues, parts, service, contacts, etc. and also to just get together for some nice weekend drives in our beastie boys.
I think there was a site maintained by Tata Motors for all the Safari owners earlier. Not sure if it's still active or not. There was an Indigo club too. But by the time I became a Manza owner in 2011, that was closed.
Old 18th January 2014, 13:27   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Guys
On my recent long drive, when I was just aimlessly pressing the accelerator on open roads and the rest of the family was happily dozing off with the middle row folded in, I was looking at the HVAC/HU area and wondering if TML could remove that ENTIRE squarish panel right below the middle AC vents and place a nice touch screen set up which will have BOTH HVAC and audio controls

If you see the new Honda City it has a touch screen climate control system. That can easily fit at the top portion and a touch screen HU directly below.

Such a set up can be easily accessed with ones hand resting on the gear lever and it will not hang down like the explorer edition set up which is highly impractical.

What do you guys think ?
Old 18th January 2014, 13:44   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
On my recent long drive, when I was just aimlessly pressing the accelerator on open roads and the rest of the family was happily dozing off with the middle row folded in, I was looking at the HVAC/HU area and wondering if TML could remove that ENTIRE squarish panel right below the middle AC vents and place a nice touch screen set up which will have BOTH HVAC and audio controls

If you see the new Honda City it has a touch screen climate control system. That can easily fit at the top portion and a touch screen HU directly below.

Such a set up can be easily accessed with ones hand resting on the gear lever and it will not hang down like the explorer edition set up which is highly impractical.

What do you guys think ?
While this has always been the obvious solution all along, I was told by someone inside the factory that this would not be a simple dash facia modification only but would involve extensive changes to the AC piping and that is why this stop gap 2 DIN thing for now and the newer version of the Storme would have the more ergonomic and aesthetic "permanent" fix.

Now when this version will actually hit the roads commercially, your guess is as good as mine. So let us enjoy our Stormes as they are for now, and appreciate the new one as an upgrade with improvements. I would have felt very cheated if this upgrade had been available for sale within a year of my buying the Storme. Now that I have enjoyed her for a year almost, even if they launch the upgrade next month (pigs will be flying overhead more likely by then .....), I am cool with that.
Old 18th January 2014, 18:06   #2125
BHPian

Guys, I notice a loud thud sound every time my truck goes in a pothole at any speed over 20. This comes from the rear of the vehicle. Can this be a problem with my trucks suspension or is it a normal thing with all stormes?
Old 18th January 2014, 18:24   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys, I notice a loud thud sound every time my truck goes in a pothole at any speed over 20. This comes from the rear of the vehicle. Can this be a problem with my trucks suspension or is it a normal thing with all stormes?
The Storme suspension is relatively silent. I have driven 1200+ km over the deeply rutted Surajkund - Badhkal Rd and usually, I go between 40kmph and 60kmph. Sometimes, overtaking one of the fully loaded crusher trucks requires going off the shoulder too. One can hear muted thuds all the time, but nothing that sounds like something is loose. So, if you feel the thud sounds like something is loose, then it's better to check it.
BTW, why not do a Stormers' meet, like I had suggested?
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 23:33   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
The Storme suspension is relatively silent. I have driven 1200+ km over the deeply rutted Surajkund - Badhkal Rd and usually, I go between 40kmph and 60kmph. Sometimes, overtaking one of the fully loaded crusher trucks requires going off the shoulder too. One can hear muted thuds all the time, but nothing that sounds like something is loose. So, if you feel the thud sounds like something is loose, then it's better to check it. BTW, why not do a Stormers' meet, like I had suggested?
There's nothing loose. It's just a thud which doesn't sound normal. The front suspension is very silent but can't say the same about the rear at least in my trunk.
I am game for a meet any weekend even tomorrow evening if it works for you. Let's speak tomorrow and fix up.
Old 19th January 2014, 00:31   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Check if the stepney is loose. Or the exhaust. Otherwise get your rear shockers checked for leakage. Is your jack and toolkit tightly packed and strapped in? Are your middle row seats locked properly? The jump seats down or strapped up sometimes if you do not strap them, on bumps and potholes they open up and thump on to the ground). Can't think of anything else.

P.S. Guys, does the parking lights, meter lights (with blank display), clock light, AC dials light, etc. come on with the first position of the rotary dial switch even without the key in the slot or in off position?
Old 19th January 2014, 07:28   #2129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is your jack and toolkit tightly packed and strapped in? Are your middle row seats locked properly? The jump seats down or strapped up sometimes if you do not strap them, on bumps and potholes they open up and thump on to the ground).
A loose Jack or rear seat will not cause a thud. Loose jump seats may cause it once per seat(have experienced it).

Quote:
P.S. Guys, does the parking lights, meter lights (with blank display), clock light, AC dials light, etc. come on with the first position of the rotary dial switch even without the key in the slot or in off position?
Yes. It is same as pulling out the key from the ignition without completely switching off the lights.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 10:37   #2130
BHPian

Finally got my sweethearts 1Yr/15000 Km service done yesterday with ODO at just 9400 Kms. Went to the service station around 10:00 AM & got the Pre job card made in just ten minutes. Other than the scheduled tasks like oil change, diesel filter, oil filter change the following small points were mentioned to the SA to take care of in this service:

1. Car slightly pulling to the left, alignment required.
2. Tyre Rotation & Balancing.
3. Sound from the tailgate to be fixed.
4. Front Windscreen nozzle RHS blocked.
5. Tightening the doors & Hand break ( Part of maintenance in service)

These were the only things that required attention in my journey so far and i am quite happy about my sweetheart, you see the more i love her , the more she loves me back.

Meanwhile at the front office the SA explained me about getting the silver or gold AMC as it would prove beneficial. Both the AMC's covered service of 15000 Kms & 30000 Kms, but the Gold takes care of wear & tear parts as well. The Price quoted by them was:

Silver AMC- Rs. 9717
Gold Amc- Rs. 14750

I went for the silver one as my running is going to be around 5-6k Kms max due to the new hatch purchased last month which shall be used for city drives and the same was advised by the SA, though Gold is good for people having high annual running.

I was promised to get my vehicle ready by 3 PM but it was delayed by an hour owing to test drives taken by SA to cure the left side pulling.

The bill for the service done will be given to me once the AMC is punched in the system, most probably in a day or two, the estimate was around 8700 INR which is covered in the silver amc.

All i paid was the silver amc amount and for the weights used in balancing (9717+ 590= 10307 INR).

The Next service due in 1 Yr/ 30000 shall cost around 10000 INR and its covered in the silver amc i have purchased .

The service experience was satisfactory except the one hour delay and the much awaited sugar free tea which was requested at 3PM and delivered at 4PM while i was filling the feedback form.

Service outcome :
1. Car slightly pulling to the left, alignment required- Done
2. Tyre Rotation & Balancing- Done
3. Sound from the tailgate to be fixed- Done ( at last, dont know for how many kms though)
4. Front Windscreen nozzle RHS blocked.- Done
5. Tightening the doors & Hand break ( Part of maintenance in service)- Done.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20140118_095433.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20140118_102727.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20140118_102834.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20140118_161025.jpg  

NST440 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks