Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:04   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
1) My rear roof blower does not work independent of AC, i.e. if I do not switch on rear AC, blower does not work. When I raised it at Kamal & Co, I was told that it is like this and will only work when rear AC is switched on. Which when i checked in owner manual (there it was clearly mentioned that roof ac blower can be operated independent of AC). Then I check with my cousion, who also owns a storme and he also said it does not work. Can any one confirm this? as it is very strange, we do not always want to switch on rear AC and some time only blower is required
Yes I agree, unless you press the Rear A/c button on the dash, the rear roof A/c does not blow out air. Maybe you could set the Temperature knob to the center (between blue and red zones) to get normal temperature air?
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:48   #1967
BHPian

What original tyres does the Storme EX come with? Also, how good are they (as in wearing, stability, noise etc?)
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:13   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

OE tyres are typically Bridgestone S689 HT.
The tyres are quite good. Had the same as OE on my Sumo - that set lasted really long.

Noise - a slightly more than brands like Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
..unless you press the Rear A/c button on the dash, the rear roof A/c does not blow out air.
Checked the rear blower yesterday. This is correct - unless the rear a/c button is pressed on the dash, the rear unit will not start.

Last edited by condor : 3rd January 2014 at 09:18.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:44   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Checked the rear blower yesterday. This is correct - unless the rear a/c button is pressed on the dash, the rear unit will not start.
But I guess (need to confirm) that this only holds good for the roof A/c blowers.

The ones next to the floor in between the two front seats I think is linked to the front dash blowers and would blow out the same air (temperature setting wise) as the front row dash blowers?
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:04   #1970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The ones next to the floor in between the two front seats I think is linked to the front dash blowers ..
Yes Doc, you are correct. The vents between the seats are linked to the front in-dash blowers.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:06   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I guess (need to confirm) that this only holds good for the roof A/c blowers.

The ones next to the floor in between the two front seats I think is linked to the front dash blowers and would blow out the same air (temperature setting wise) as the front row dash blowers?
Yes they are linked but the speed of the floor unit is not similar to the speed of the front units - its far lower. T

Temperature wise also, I think there isnt a separate cooling coil for the floor unit - the air just comes from the front coils

On a unrelated note - Where is the temperature sensor placed in the Storme ? The one that shows the outside temperature in the MID ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:42   #1972
BHPian

Hi Thanks everyone, so it is confirmed that rear roof ac blower does not work independently. Yes the floor rear blower works with front ac unit. But don't you feel it is strange that roof ac blower does not work indpendently? can anyone (with technical expertise) can confirm if we can make the roof ac blower work...as I know (pardon my ignorance if i m wrong) all ACs have functionality to operate fan/blower.

Other two irritants which i am facing is:-

1) foul smell even when internal air circulation is on, when complained they could not rectify it and usual answer was it is like this in storme. Can anyone suggest what should I tell them to look into which can correct this issue.

2) back door rattling - still have this irritating sound, however have read somewhere desi jugad of taping the clamp where door is locked...will try that and report. However, its sad that tata is not able to rectify these minor niggles.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:46   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Did my first refill; tankful to tankful. Filled it just after the low fuel light came on and 45 ltrs promptly went in. The mileage, a surprising 13.5! Keeping the beast under 2K because of the breaking in must have had a part to play in it, but when at 2K I'm cruising at 95-100 in 5th gear, I'm not really complaining!
This is great mileage Neel, I am able to get mileage of 11.5 to 12 only though I mostly drive on highway even though I stick to recommended gear shift ratios. I really need to learn few driving lessons to achieve this impressive figure.
sunit5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:53   #1974
BHPian

Beast reaches home. Full details of the buying experience and other things to follow. Model EX, Pearl White. Odo at delivery 41km.
Attached Images

sasi405 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:08   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Beast reaches home. Full details of the buying experience and other things to follow. Model EX, Pearl White. Odo at delivery 41km.
Hey! Congrats here's to wishing you a million happy miles with the beast.

Looking forward to many more pics in the ownership thread

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd January 2014 at 18:10.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:47   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the acquisition!
And happy new year to everybody.
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:43   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Yes they are linked but the speed of the floor unit is not similar to the speed of the front units - its far lower. T

Temperature wise also, I think there isnt a separate cooling coil for the floor unit - the air just comes from the front coils

On a unrelated note - Where is the temperature sensor placed in the Storme ? The one that shows the outside temperature in the MID ?
There should be additional coil for the rear.

Sensor on LHS behind bumper ( for mine).
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:50   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats bro! Welcome to the growing Club Storme.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:42   #1979
BHPian

Can anyone help me with how to switch off the 'follow me home' headlight function? Can't find any mention in the owner's manual. Thanks!
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:56   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sasi, Congrats & Welcome to the club ! Wishing you a long happy ownership.

Reg the F-M-H feature: there are 3 buttons on the remote - one of these is for the follow-me home. I think you are pressing on this by mistake.

Most Viewed