Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 07:56   #1951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Yes that's the one. My trucks been going there since the beginning.
I am in two minds about the service centre. The Mohan Estate one is a stone's throw away from my office and I have another one in Wazirabad Village (Near Sector 56 Gurgaon), which is a stone's throw away from my house. So, will have to decide which direction to throw the stone!
The Wazirabad one also seems to be some sort of training facility cum workshop. Its quite big from the outside (never been in it).

Is delivering an Oct '13 vehicle in December ok? Its only a 2.5 to 3 months gap from plant to yard to dealer. Please advice.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th December 2013 at 09:04. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 30th December 2013, 08:05   #1952
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Is delivering an Oct '13 vehicle in December ok? Its only a 2.5 to 3 months gap from plant to yard to dealer. Please advice.
Yes, its ok. BTW what are the other benifits you're getting? (Last month they were giving 3 yrs free insurance / 20k cash discount in Kota).
YGarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 08:52   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post

Yes, its ok. BTW what are the other benifits you're getting? (Last month they were giving 3 yrs free insurance / 20k cash discount in Kota).
20K cash discount, 2nd & 3rd year insurance free, 5k corporate discount and some 3k accessories. I didn't exchange my car with them (due to being a RJ no). Otherwise 30K on that too.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:04   #1954
BHPian

Is the vehicle tracking device @ 12K (being offered by Concorde) worth it?
Old 30th December 2013, 11:54   #1955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
20K cash discount, 2nd & 3rd year insurance free, 5k corporate discount and some 3k accessories.
Sasi - the official benefits package keep changing month on month. Pls keep track of that.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:16   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Is the vehicle tracking device @ 12K (being offered by Concorde) worth it?
Can anyone throw some light on this tracking device please? The dealer guys are pushing for it, whereas I am not sure about it. Also, its 7K, not 12K as earlier mentioned. Error regretted. Any help on this will be welcome. I have to tell them by tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 30th December 2013, 12:41   #1957
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you ask them for a brochure ?
Is it a SIM-based tracking system ?
Old 30th December 2013, 12:49   #1958
BHPian

Need help guys.

One of the rear shock absorber of my truck was found leaking by dhingra motors in gurgaon, but they didnt had the parts so advised me to get it changed in Jaipur only. So i had taken it to roshan motors in Jaipur some 15-16 days back, who also gave me the same reply that tata has asked then to change the rear leaking suspension parts and coils completely but were still awaiting parts from pune factory and asked me to get in touch after 4-5 days.
Now since the parts have not arrived, I called up another dealer Kamal & co. To check with them if they had the parts in their store which they did, so I took my truck there. Listen to following conversation-

sa - i will have to check the leak and then will notify.
Me- it has already been checked out by two other dealers and the rear suspension has to be changed as per the directive from tata.
Sa - I will have to check the amount of leakage as per the directive and will change parts/ top up oil accordingly.
Me- stunned!

as per me the age of shock absorbers with resealable oil seals is long over(correct me if I am wrong) and most of these are now use and throw types. And also the directive clearly mentions that you have to change the leaking ones as well as the coil springs.

Can someone please throw some light on this and help me with the part no.s of the items changed on their trucks in such a scenario.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:54   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you ask them for a brochure ?
Is it a SIM-based tracking system ?
It is a SIM based system. The first 9 months subscription is being given free after which there is dome charge.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:18   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Need help guys.

One of the rear shock absorber of my truck was found leaking by dhingra motors in gurgaon, but they didnt had the parts so advised me to get it changed in Jaipur only. So i had taken it to roshan motors in Jaipur some 15-16 days back, who also gave me the same reply that tata has asked then to change the rear leaking suspension parts and coils completely but were still awaiting parts from pune factory and asked me to get in touch after 4-5 days.
Now since the parts have not arrived, I called up another dealer Kamal & co. To check with them if they had the parts in their store which they did, so I took my truck there. Listen to following conversation-

Me- it has already been checked out by two other dealers and the rear suspension has to be changed as per the directive from tata.
Sa - I will have to check the amount of leakage as per the directive and will change parts/ top up oil accordingly.
Me- stunned!

as per me the age of shock absorbers with resealable oil seals is long over(correct me if I am wrong) and most of these are now use and throw types. And also the directive clearly mentions that you have to change the leaking ones as well as the coil springs.

Can someone please throw some light on this and help me with the part no.s of the items changed on their trucks in such a scenario.
What rubbish man!

Don't know the part numbers, but the new coils have blue and red paint dots on them, with a small similar sized and shaped white sticker alongside.

The front sticker has "04" on it and the rear sticker has "05" on it.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 14:39   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Sasi - AFAIK most dealers generally give exchange bonus with the RC card photocopy. Please reconfirm.

Also, for vehicle tracking, you could do it yourself! buy an inexpensive phone, keep record of the IMEI number, keep the settings on silent and non-vibrate and keep it charged with a lifetime validity prepaid sim. Get it hidden it in a peculiar place in the car. Police is rather well equipped to search a phone based on the tower which it's connecting to.

If you want you can get an inexpensive android phone with GPS Capability, load Google+ and enable location sharing. You can get some exclusive data pack which I guess would cost abit, but not very much - but you'll get the EXACT location of the car including the location history.
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 14:44   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Sasi - AFAIK most dealers generally give exchange bonus with the RC card photocopy. Please reconfirm.

Also, for vehicle tracking, you could do it yourself! buy an inexpensive phone, keep record of the IMEI number, keep the settings on silent and non-vibrate and keep it charged with a lifetime validity prepaid sim. Get it hidden it in a peculiar place in the car. Police is rather well equipped to search a phone based on the tower which it's connecting to.

If you want you can get an inexpensive android phone with GPS Capability, load Google+ and enable location sharing. You can get some exclusive data pack which I guess would cost abit, but not very much - but you'll get the EXACT location of the car including the location history.
Thanks! I have decided against spending 7K on the tracking device. At present, only going in for two accessories:
1. That 'beep beep' type reverse sensor (no cam or mirror LEDs).
2. The rain shade for the windows.

Some things like foot mats etc will be bought from outside.
Old 30th December 2013, 17:30   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Need help guys.

Me- stunned!

Sorry to hear this Stormerider, the dealers in Jaipur are not good. So have you got this changed at Kamal?

I have completed 5400 KMS since 15th September and just got the 5k service done, pathetic service, even I clean my car better. Fruther, I have two queries for Storme owners -

1) My rear roof blower does not work independent of AC, i.e. if I do not switch on rear AC, blower does not work. When I raised it at Kamal & Co, I was told that it is like this and will only work when rear AC is switched on. Which when i checked in owner manual (there it was clearly mentioned that roof ac blower can be operated independent of AC). Then I check with my cousion, who also owns a storme and he also said it does not work. Can any one confirm this? as it is very strange, we do not always want to switch on rear AC and some time only blower is required.

2) The noise from my rear door, which is still not fixed despite several visits to Kamal and many settings by its service engineer. Though noice is less now but on every bump (even smaller ones) it comes back. When raised, usual response is it is like this in storme. Which is pathetic. What could be the issue and how can I get this fixed.

Please advise.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:54   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Sorry to hear this Stormerider, the dealers in Jaipur are not good. So have you got this changed at Kamal?
Kamal and Co have never really been known for good service / attention to details. Long ago, a colleague of mine got the first ever Indica delivered in Jaipur (DLE model with the 4 Speed GB). Needless to say, that car was riddled with problems right from the word go and finally collapsed one day with a broken block!!. Even in those days (1999), Kamal & Co were very lethargic in dealing with things. Each time, my colleague and her husband (who used to be with RTDC), had to pull a lot of strings and write / make calls to TATA to get their problems resolved.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 20:44   #1965
BHPian

Did my first refill; tankful to tankful. Filled it just after the low fuel light came on and 45 ltrs promptly went in. The mileage, a surprising 13.5! Keeping the beast under 2K because of the breaking in must have had a part to play in it, but when at 2K I'm cruising at 95-100 in 5th gear, I'm not really complaining!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks