Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 11:53   #5116
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Sump guard : To my surprise, the SA advised against it,
Same here. During the delivery the sales team also indicated the same thing. I too have decided against installing it.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:47   #5117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Same here. During the delivery the sales team also indicated the same thing. I too have decided against installing it.
One of my colleagues is looking at purchasing an Ameo TDI DSG and the service personnel have informed him that from Aug'2017, the vehicles are coming equipped with sump guard from the factory itself. However, we need to reconfirm this at the time of delivery as VW frequently make changes.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:19   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
.. Ameo TDI DSG and the service personnel have informed him that from Aug'2017..
May be that is for the TDI / diesel cars. I "assume" TDI releases less heat to the engine bay as compared to the TSI and hence could be fitted with a sump guard. Just checked about diesel and petrol engine heat release in Google and could see that diesel engine being more efficient converts fuel to usable energy more, than releasing heat as compared to petrol. In petrol engines, more energy gets dissipated as heat.

These are just my assumptions from what I could gather from the web.
Old 20th February 2018, 16:11   #5119

The wiring harness on my Polo GT TSI got damaged by a rat. The wonderful service centre folks at VW are trying to figure out a date by which they can get the part for me.
It's been nearly a month and they do not have an ETA on the part availability! It feels like I own a Audi TT instead of a Polo GT!!

Meanwhile, wanted to know how to keep rats out of the engine bay. I do not intend to kill them. Please guide on any threads on this topic.
Thanks!
dot_tsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 16:29   #5120
BHPian

Here you go -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html
Old 21st February 2018, 13:34   #5121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Suspension Overhaul at Cartisan:-

Asked for the estimate, and got the estimate(Rs 35,000). This does not include strut mounts(which I had already procured from ECSTuning) and alignment. Paid Rs 5000 advance, and booked an appointment(Garage:Car xpert, Hosur Road). It took almost 6 hours for the complete installation. Old front struts were completely damaged(oil leakage).

Cost breakup:
Rohan, Did you take a quote from VW service center for the same work, by any chance? Any idea how much this would have costed you at VW?

I am planning to go for a suspension replacement at Cartisan for my vento TDI. Wanted to know what will be cost difference between VW and Cartisan.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
Old 21st February 2018, 14:20   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Rohan, Did you take a quote from VW service center for the same work, by any chance? Any idea how much this would have costed you at VW?
Thanks,
Dheeraj
No Dheeraj, I did not get the quote from VW as I wanted to go for TRW which are stiffer than OE.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:01   #5123
BHPian

I'm close to 27k on the odo now and have one month left before I go for the 2nd year service. I'm seeing some issues in the car that I want to get fixed during the service. Thought of penning them down here for advice before going to the ASC.

First issue is with the brakes. During cold start, the brakes feel resistant and make some sound. As I drive 1 to 2 kms and the brakes heat up, the issues goes away and brakes behave normally. I won't be able to replicate this issue at the ASC since brakes will be heated by the time I reach there. Hopefully, cleaning the pads and rotors should solve this.

Second issue is experienced only at high RPMs when driving on highways in sports mode. It feels like the rev limiter is kicking in but this happens much before the redline. So it is not the rev limiter. Something else is stopping the RPMs to climb smoothly. As I let go of the accelerator, there are some intermittent sounds and the RPMs drop and everything gets back to normal. I am assuming that this might be happening due to a clogged air filter. Hopefully, there is nothing wrong with the turbocharger.
Old 22nd February 2018, 19:11   #5124
BHPian

Any ideas if any "new" 2018 model will be out any time soon? (with any updates)
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:07   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Hello fellow enthusiasts, i need a little help.

So I am now in the market to for a life long itch that i have had - to own a hot hatch. Obviously, the options are limited to:
  1. Polo GT
  2. S-Cross 1.6 (i know its discontinued)
  3. Baleno RS
  4. Swift RS (would have to wait for it)
I thank all the fellow BHPians for the suggestions you gave me. I am happy to update that i finally decided to go for the new Polo GT TSi. Took the delivery earlier this week. I had initially booked the Carbon Steel colour, but felt that the black OVRMs and the Spoiler (which is now an optional extra on GT) would not give the look and feel as they would in a white car.

I think I finally got a pretty decent deal on the car. The benefits I got were:

1. 20k off on the insurance
2. 20k additional off on ex-showroom
3. FOC spoiler (quoted 7.5k initially and then 5k after some haggling)
4. Original VW Polo car cover, FOC (quoted 8k)

Uploading some pictures too. Will write a more detailed review on this thread after eating up some miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20180221_101243.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20180219_215459.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20180219_221938.jpg  

prashant316 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 11:59   #5126
BHPian

Guys

Needs to get some feedback as to what practical fuel mileage can be expected from the GT TSI in the usual nasty traffic of Mumbai (Powai/Seepz/Western Suburbs).
Any idea if Swift is coming out with something on the lines of an automatic diesel?
Old 26th February 2018, 12:21   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post

Any idea if Swift is coming out with something on the lines of an automatic diesel?
The new Swift is offered with a diesel engine paired to an AMT in the V and Z trims.
Prathiiik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 12:38   #5128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Needs to get some feedback as to what practical fuel mileage can be expected from the GT TSI in the usual nasty traffic of Mumbai (Powai/Seepz/Western Suburbs).
I am getting a steady 11 to 12 kmpl in heavy Bangalore traffic for an year now. This is with a sedate driving style with occasional bursts depending on traffic conditions. On an open highway it will cross 16 kmpl for sure, courtesy the 7 speed gearbox.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 16:43   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

In Usual nasty traffic of Mumbai it gives around 6-8 kmpl. On highway i have seen as high as 20kmpl but nothing short of 17kmpl on NH-8 (speed 85-100 kpn).
I drive in Vapi city as well with less traffic and just speed bumps, i have seen as high as 14.5 kmpl. All on MID and MID figures and actual mileage are very comparable with an error of hardly 0.5kmpl.
It will depend on your driving style and traffic conditions.
sagpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 21:32   #5130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
The new Swift is offered with a diesel engine paired to an AMT in the V and Z trims.

In my experience, the AMT tends very unrefined at lower speeds, not a shade on the DSG....I have driven only the Celerio which was rather under powered also

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks