Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 14:32   #856
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Hi delta5,

I went thru the same scenario when I paired my iPhone with the audio system but I accepted to download the app. That didn't lead anywhere and was left with a blank screen on the App Store. Apparently it was trying to download the 'VW Radio' app which seems to be now pulled from the App Store.
Hi esma1981,

Yes, it was VW Radio, but then I thought, I was mixing it up with the BT device name. How is your experience with the GT till now? do share it with us.

I am out of town and will be for next 2 weeks, already missing my ride and the pleasure of auto in city traffic.

And yes, welcome to the Team-BHP family!

cheers,
D.
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 15:23   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post

Hi esma1981,

Yes, it was VW Radio, but then I thought, I was mixing it up with the BT device name. How is your experience with the GT till now? do share it with us.

I am out of town and will be for next 2 weeks, already missing my ride and the pleasure of auto in city traffic.

And yes, welcome to the Team-BHP family!

cheers,
D.
Thanks delta5, You know I was actually waiting for someone to give me a welcome to Team-BHP . Do feel a little bit more part of the family now

Experience of the GT is limited to the drive last night. I've been driving a Honda iVtec Autobox since the last 1.5 years and after yesterday my car of choice is the GT! I'm hoping to write a detailed initial ownership report after finishing about 1000 kms. Still then in short, the ride is super smooth and silent. Acceleration is very good and addictive. Love the way the RPM meter needle moves so swiftly during gear changes. Space is at a premium. Audio system very average but has good browsing capability.

So far I'm mighty impressed.

Cheers.
Old 9th June 2013, 12:04   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSarker View Post
Congratulations! I'm getting mine on Monday. It's white. Sadly no photos, still wrapped with protective film.
Thanks and congrats to you too DSarker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Congrats. I'm still waiting for the allocation :(
Thanks thiagust. I hope you get your GT soon.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:16   #859
BHPian

Just had the confirmation that I can have the delivery by the end of this month. Vehicle is expected in the yard by 25th and all the other formalities within the next couple of days. Week starts with a fantastic news.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:42   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Just had the confirmation that I can have the delivery by the end of this month. Vehicle is expected in the yard by 25th and all the other formalities within the next couple of days. Week starts with a fantastic news.
Congratulations in advance thiagust! Going by your avatar picture I have a feeling you went with Red for your GT
Old 10th June 2013, 13:43   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Yes, that's what I thought. Speed 97 really is the only "higher" octane option we have.
In Delhi, many IOC pumps have started keeping 93 Octane fuel. The price difference from regular is around Rs. 3 / liter.

See below: picture I took of one such pump advertising it.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-93-ron.jpg
neeld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 14:07   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Which is the better option ?
This is correct. You save the clutch by doing this.

During my short test drive, I had to stop at a signal so engaged Park (P). Parking brake not engaged. On releasing the brake, I noticed what looked like the hill hold lamp glowing in the console. Can you please confirm this behaviour?
Old 10th June 2013, 14:21   #863
Senior - BHPian

This fuel has been available for quite some time, though now the number of pumps selling this has started to increase and I can only hope that this fuel becomes increasingly available along the highways.

The vend in the photo looks like my regular fuel stop viz IOC in Panchsheel Park, is it indeed the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
In Delhi, many IOC pumps have started keeping 93 Octane fuel. The price difference from regular is around Rs. 3 / liter.

See below: picture I took of one such pump advertising it.

Attachment 1094690

Last edited by khoj : 10th June 2013 at 14:22.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:44   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Congratulations in advance thiagust! Going by your avatar picture I have a feeling you went with Red for your GT
Thanks. That's correct.
Old 10th June 2013, 15:21   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The vend in the photo looks like my regular fuel stop viz IOC in Panchsheel Park, is it indeed the one?
This one is at Moti Bagh on Rao Tula Ram Marg.
neeld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:17   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
This is a photo of my GT TSI that i am going to be taking delivery of on Wednesday. The best part is that i am the first person from my city that's buying this car. I cant wait.
Congrats man, looking forward to reading an ownership review from you. What is the on road price ?
Old 10th June 2013, 18:38   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Congrats man, looking forward to reading an ownership review from you. What is the on road price ?
Thanks pal. It worked out 9.5 lakhs of which 1 lakh is going for the road tax which is 12% in my state (highway robbery if you ask me). I will have the ownership review on it as soon as i can.
Old 10th June 2013, 23:16   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is correct. You save the clutch by doing this.

During my short test drive, I had to stop at a signal so engaged Park (P). Parking brake not engaged. On releasing the brake, I noticed what looked like the hill hold lamp glowing in the console. Can you please confirm this behaviour?
I think you are referring to "Press Brake pedal" light in the instrument cluster.When changing from P(Park) to a driving gear, we need to press the brake pedal else the light glows up. The same happens when the car is in N(Neutral) and we need to shift out to any of the other modes.
This I believe is common across all automatic vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-brakepolo.jpg  

robimahanta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 23:35   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
This is a photo of my GT TSI that i am going to be taking delivery of on Wednesday. The best part is that i am the first person from my city that's buying this car. I cant wait.
If this is the car allotted to you, then what is it doing inside the showroom? Shouldn't it be in the stock yard instead? Is it being used as a display vehicle?
Old 11th June 2013, 00:21   #870

Got delivery of my vehicle on Saturday and have completed 190kms mostly on city roads. I am absolutely in love with it and some niggles and quirks apart, she's a hoot to drive.

Regarding a lot of different opinions on the DSG, I'd like to add my 2 cents.
- Coasting to a halt is advised to be done in N mode when you know you have to stop. (Met a person who was trained in the Chakan plant who said its always better to get off the D or S mode if you know you are arriving at a set of lights.)

The good stuff:
- Smooth shifts
- The DSG will shift to 7th gear if you're easy on the accelerator and tootling about anywhere above 60kmph.
- It shifts down even 4 gears (!) if you want a sudden overtake.
- The suspension is set just right for me. Though my dad did grumble about it being stiff when he sat in it for the first time.
- The audio system is definitely upto the mark for an OEM install. Lacks the High frequencies but mids and bass are sufficient. What better would you get from any car in the same price bracket with similar equipment?? Don't forget that they concentrated mostly on giving a better mechanical part as compared to gadgets.
- The seats have lateral support and come in handy during a speedy turn.
- Steering is light for city traffic. Haven't yet had the chance to check how well it weighs up during a highway drive.
- Every sort of readout is given on the console at the flick of the rocker switch. (still haven't memorized what they all are for. It will take a bit of getting used to)
- Appreciable standards of build pertaining to shutlines, feel of touch, materials used.
- Clever little additions like window up feature with keyfob, nifty hatch opener, etc (also standard in the regular trendline)
- The surge of power with a refined sound and the linear delivery is extremely addictive and a welcome change. Even terrifying sometimes.
- Read earlier about someone not getting the turbo whistle. I can hear it quite distinctly, over the "noise" of the engine, as described.

The quirks:
- "Wiper service mode" is a cover up for a huge design fault where the wiper arms cannot be folded outwards to wipe the windscreen because it is obstructed by the bonnet. It's an irritation to first wipe the windscreen, then use water if necessary, then put it to "service mode" and then repeat the process.
- Key is locked in place even if the car is in 'N'. In many parking places, the attendants ask you to leave the car in neutral, with handbrake disengaged so they can make space for another car to leave by slightly pushing your car. This is made impossible due to the fact that the key cannot be extracted when in any mode apart from 'P'.
- "Safety feature" in the ICE system prevents you from surfing any phonebook entries apart from the last dialled number.

The not-so-good:
- Thankfully being from a family of average and even short people (I'm 5'6", Dad is 5'8" and our driver is about the same), we haven't had the rear leg room problem. However my friends who are 6 feet tall, cannot drive with anyone sitting behind them.
- There is no undercarriage protection.
- The paint quality isn't up to the mark. I've studied in a transportation design
institute and learned about the "orange peel effect" on a painted surface. Honestly, no cars in the Indian market are upto the European standards in that aspect.
- Absence of a cooled glove box. COME ON!!

Apart from the slight nuances, I'm very happy with the car. Gonna make a long distance trip soon and hope to uncover more about her. Attaching some pictures taken during and after the delivery. Also of the custom dog tags I got as a keychain.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-705279_10150301385084996_429405353_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-964705_10150301385159996_2072289478_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-964879_10150301385099996_1127450726_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-966398_10150301385274996_914847189_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-977443_10150301385224996_193134449_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-981030_10150301385254996_1783310890_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-992966_10150301385384996_1588992230_n.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-977207_10150301385404996_679893866_o.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-738126_10150301385349996_1160324406_o.jpg  

DSarker is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks