Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 16:53   #106
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I fully appreciate the uploaded part.
Just wandering a bit about the uphill thing.

Now I agree with pgsagar again. Just take the engine power, Micra can do it. Along with plenty engine braking and the Sport Mode, it can sure keep up and do more. Also taking in the earlier comments, Micra wins praise in most departments, So Micra will be a sensible choice my friend.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 28th July 2013, 20:27   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
It will start after 1 or 2 seconds. It is not direct start.
I have noticed this delayed start at times. But once I started practicing switching the electrical on (the first tap) and waiting for a bit, the next tap cranks the engine suddenly. Mostly noticed for the first crank of the day. Why? Glow plug anyone?

In another thread, I was replying a fellow BHPian about the smart key. Does the delay occur in case of an emergency? I mean, after stalling the car in the middle of the road?

Quote:
Also that ugly dash-board and shop-window like rear glass of Brio is big no no for me.
Though I don't know a thing about automatics, but I've felt that the Micra scores on space? And your head rests too close to the bumper of a truck or bus in the rear of a Brio (may be it is more of a feeling than technical).
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 22:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I have noticed this delayed start at times. But once I started practicing switching the electrical on (the first tap) and waiting for a bit, the next tap cranks the engine suddenly. Mostly noticed for the first crank of the day. Why? Glow plug anyone?

In another thread, I was replying a fellow BHPian about the smart key. Does the delay occur in case of an emergency? I mean, after stalling the car in the middle of the road?

Though I don't know a thing about automatics, but I've felt that the Micra scores on space? And your head rests too close to the bumper of a truck or bus in the rear of a Brio (may be it is more of a feeling than technical).
Glow plug? You must be referring to diesel Micra. Right? I only found 1 to 1.5 second delay in cranking in the Micra CVT that I test drove. I touched that button and removed my hand. By the time my hand retracted the engine fired. I found this feature very cool. In manual starting we either over-crank ( the engine starts and turns the starter at higher rpm risking startrer burn ) or under-crank ( engine does not start because we let go of the key too soon ). I just love this feature. Added advantage is of not fumbling with key and feeling for the key-hole which is not in our line of sight. I wish all cars had this feature.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 22:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

The Micra also wins accolades in the safety department (safety features) like ABS standard,driver airbag standard,adjustable headrests both at the front and the rear (Brio does not have even a single adjustable unit). Also the rear glass window compromises on safety. Even a small hit on the glass will make it crumble and also will damage the interiors and the rear passengers, The rear wiper (on the top variant) makes matters even worse. Also I found the Brio bare-basic in terms of equipment. The CVT's gear selection is nicer than the Brio's. The Brio AT will select 4th Gear on the time when we need 5th gear.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 29th July 2013 at 22:16.
Old 30th July 2013, 07:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/351...acelift.aspx/0

Thankfully, the Sunny doesn't get the same face as the Micra as predicted earlier. Its not much of a change from the current face but its still the new Micra face, which looks good on the micra, just doesn't fit the Sunny.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 19:19   #111
BHPian

I am about to book a brick red micra CVT. The dealer asks for 25k booking amount and 12-21 days delivery period. The booking amount is non refundable except for delivery delay.
I had a last minute test drive yesterday. following was very noticeable.
1. The average shown on meter was 8 last time and was 10.5 now. Explanation was not worthy mentioning, some fumbling.
2. The vehicle if parked in P while on a slope would give a loud sound when brought back to D for driving. The explanation was that we have to first put handbrake and then engage P when parking, not vice versa. I made up my mind to buy additional warranty right there.

Any last minute suggestions.

inching to commitment.........
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I am about to book a brick red micra CVT. The dealer asks for 25k booking amount and 12-21 days delivery period. The booking amount is non refundable except for delivery delay.
I had a last minute test drive yesterday. following was very noticeable.
1. The average shown on meter was 8 last time and was 10.5 now. Explanation was not worthy mentioning, some fumbling.
2. The vehicle if parked in P while on a slope would give a loud sound when brought back to D for driving. The explanation was that we have to first put handbrake and then engage P when parking, not vice versa. I made up my mind to buy additional warranty right there.

Any last minute suggestions.

inching to commitment.........

Congrats on the Micra CVT, it will definitely serve you well. Regarding the AT box noise, I haven't got a noise when I test drove it.

Quote:
Explanation was not worthy mentioning, some fumbling.
The fuel efficiency depends on your driving style, not that the mileage changes every time, Also, do opt for the extended warranty, it will serve you a lot better, also will be safe.

What's the OTR?

Drive Safe,

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 31st July 2013, 22:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
Can some one endorse her decision to help me go ahead in placing orders?
Micra has a very wide gearbox ratio which means it can go from very short to very tall. The short (or low) gear (like 1st) should come in handy when climbing hills. Best to do a TD and verify

Quote:
he vehicle if parked in P while on a slope would give a loud sound when brought back to D for driving. The explanation was that we have to first put handbrake and then engage P when parking, not vice versa. I made up my mind to buy additional warranty right there
Thats the parking pawl under heavy load. Like the person said.... Pull handbrakes, then release foot brake and then put it in park.

reverse the steps when driving off.

Last edited by Mpower : 31st July 2013 at 22:15.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 22:20   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes this will happen. Basically the car is being held in place by the gear. What the sales guy said is right. You first pull the handbrake and then put in P. When on flat surface it does not matter but when parking on a slope the gear should not be holding the car, the hand brake should be.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:04   #115
BHPian

Placed a booking for a red micra CVT. Waiting eagerly to spoil my on road gearing sense I cultivated all through these 30 yrs. Thanks folk to help me decide.
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Placed a booking for a red micra CVT. Waiting eagerly to spoil my on road gearing sense I cultivated all through these 30 yrs. Thanks folk to help me decide.
What waiting period has been quoted? If you do not mind, can you please share the OTR cost? It would be great to have a comparison between Micra CVT and Brio AT as I think these are the true peers which should be compared.
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:55   #117
BHPian

We are told a waiting period of 12-21 days.
Here is the quote.
No discounts. No offers.
Road taxes are low in UK (Uttaranchal)

sorry i forgot to attach the invoice in my earlier reply. Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-updated-quotation.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd August 2013 at 18:07. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry i forgot to attach the invoice in my earlier reply. Attachment 1120864
Have you checked out what is the OTR price for the Brio at your place?
Old 4th August 2013, 17:17   #119
BHPian

brio was around 20k cheaper.
Old 4th August 2013, 17:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
brio was around 20k cheaper.
But Brio will be down on several features, too. If we take cost of vehicle vis-a-vis features offered into account, Micra is found to be a lot cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks