Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 16:46   #661
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Almost finalizing on XLD OPTION 85 PS, Bronze Grey.

Few questions:
1. The Head Unit looks basic, does it makes sense to upgrade to SATNAV system with all features like DVD, Reverse Cam, Bluetooth etc? What would be the cost? If I exchange the company fitted HU for new HU at showroom, would there be some discount?
2. If SA offers one FREE accessory apart from mats, mud flaps, perfume, pouch, what should it be? (shall I ask for underbody coating )
3. Extended Warranty at ~12k, it is worth taking?
4. I like the Number Plates made with Shining Silver Background, I saw some IND plates with shiny silver background, is it allowed by RTO?
5. Pls let me know the mandatory accessories list for Terrano at Showroom and Outside
6. Not planning for seat covers immediately, why don't we use original seat covers till they become little dirty before getting new covers?
7. Anything else important to be asked before I get it out of the showroom (It will take 2-3 weeks)?

Last edited by hummer : 4th April 2015 at 17:08.
Old 4th April 2015, 22:06   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Almost finalizing on XLD OPTION 85 PS, Bronze Grey.

Few questions:
1. The Head Unit looks basic, does it makes sense to upgrade to SATNAV system with all features like DVD, Reverse Cam, Bluetooth etc? What would be the cost? If I exchange the company fitted HU for new HU at showroom, would there be some discount?
2. If SA offers one FREE accessory apart from mats, mud flaps, perfume, pouch, what should it be? (shall I ask for underbody coating )
3. Extended Warranty at ~12k, it is worth taking?
4. I like the Number Plates made with Shining Silver Background, I saw some IND plates with shiny silver background, is it allowed by RTO?
5. Pls let me know the mandatory accessories list for Terrano at Showroom and Outside
6. Not planning for seat covers immediately, why don't we use original seat covers till they become little dirty before getting new covers?
7. Anything else important to be asked before I get it out of the showroom (It will take 2-3 weeks)?

The OE head unit and speakers are reasonably good in relative terms. However, after upgrading, just take the OE head unit and toss it into the nearest dust bin. They have put the USB and head phone jacks on the dash board separate from the head unit. Therefore, once the head unit is removed, these 2 functions are not available on the unit. I tried at JC road to sell the old unit and they plainly refused saying they are themselves stuck with couple of units (nissan & renault) that nobody wants. I changed to a Blaupunkt with monitor, BT, DVD, Satnav etc (About Rs 25K), though I didnt change the door speakers, but added a sub-woofer with a dedicated amplifier (that I already had from another older car). Made a small custom box for the sub-woofer and put it in the boot with detachable cable connectors just in case I need to make space for luggage for any extended trips.

Unfortunately, its very complicated to fix a 'angled' reverse camera inside the rear number plate bulb holder part and most shops advised against it as the cameras available in the market for such mounting can be plucked off by mischief makers/robbers. Therefore I went with one thats fixed on the bumper, but personally I am not happy as it sure gives you a rear view, but very difficult to judge the distance of the bumper of the car behind you while parking. However, I had installed a roof spoiler (non Nissan), but the design is not exactly to my liking, whereas the Nissan spoiler although has a fantastic finish with a high price, it is a tad smaller than what I would have liked. Anyway, I am now thinking of taking a chance and installing a small angled camera on the roof spoiler and hopefully it will do the job as I want it.

For number plates, with the whole problems of the fake IND plates being prosecuted in neighboring TN etc, its best to simply stick with a simple white & black metal plate till the HS plates are made available. Unfortunately the custom plastic number plate provided by Shawar Nissan can break.

As for seat covers, I got one stitched (fabric) for about Rs 8,000. But you can get them starting from I guess Rs 4,000 upwards.

I anyway took the extended warranty. But dont know how worthwhile it would be...

I however find a reasonable blind spot in the RVMs on both doors and I am planning to put those small round convex mirrors to overcome that

Good luck

Last edited by Haroon : 4th April 2015 at 22:16.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 08:47   #663
Team-BHP Support

I retained the head unit as it neatly integrates all the functionality. But as mentioned the audio quality was pathetic. I did not add any amp. But just changed the speakers. That itself provided a quantum jump in the quality.

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2015 at 23:04. Reason: corrected sentence
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 11:41   #664
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I am glad to announce that I became the proud owner of Nissan Terrano XLD 85 PS, Bronze Grey. I took the delivery on 30th April.

I read many Duster ownership reviews, however, I couldn't find many Terrano ownership reviews. So I will write my decision making process, experience of buying, dealing with Shahwar Nissan at Bangalore, my driving experience and ownership feelings in a separate thread

Many thanks to t-bhpians and Terrano owners on this forum for all the honest feedback posted - it made my decision easier.

-Hummer
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 12:36   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I am glad to announce that I became the proud owner of Nissan Terrano XLD 85 PS, Bronze Grey. I took the delivery on 30th April.

I read many Duster ownership reviews, however, I couldn't find many Terrano ownership reviews. So I will write my decision making process, experience of buying, dealing with Shahwar Nissan at Bangalore, my driving experience and ownership feelings in a separate thread

Many thanks to t-bhpians and Terrano owners on this forum for all the honest feedback posted - it made my decision easier.

-Hummer
Congratulations Hummer. I'm sure you're going to love it. I bought the same variant (including the colour) 3.5 months back.

You might want to look at one of the articles on How to run-in your diesel engine from Team-BHP, Worth a read...

Congrats once again.
DharmeshGohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 20:47   #666
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I wanted to write a separate review on my buying / driving experience of Terrano. Unfortunately, I have to write my heart burning story before the ownership review.

It has been 18 days since I took delivery, got the registration number on 15/5/15, number of my choice!

My family says I love the vehicles more than them, I don't know if that's true.

We had been to Mysore and BR Hills, Terrano was excellent in ghat section of BR Hills. We were driving back to Bangalore via Kanakapura road. It was getting dark and raining. One moron truck driver with overload of jelly stones (big ones) came from opposite direction in a curve, while passing, his truck tilted showering jelly stones onto my Terrano. He didn't stop, went towards Malavalli village. I stopped my vehicle and inspected, there was one small dent on fender, small chip on windshield, few scratches on bumper, driver and passenger doors. I didn't follow the truck as it was dark, raining and I was with my family.

OMG, whom can I tell what went thru my mind and heart

I really didn't know how to react for this, I had owned many cars in past but never went thru something like this. Thanks to strong windshield of Terrano and thanks god, it didn't crack. If the driver side window was open I would have been hit by the stones.

Shahwar guys told I should go for painting as it cant be fixed with rubbing polish. Painting for a 18 days old vehicle?!, no way, I can live with it, but everytime I see it, my heart pains.

Please let me know what I should have done.
Old 18th May 2015, 21:35   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I wanted to write a separate review on my buying / driving experience of Terrano. Unfortunately, I have to write my heart burning story before the ownership review.

It has been 18 days since I took delivery, got the registration number on 15/5/15, number of my choice!

My family says I love the vehicles more than them, I don't know if that's true.

We had been to Mysore and BR Hills, Terrano was excellent in ghat section of BR Hills. We were driving back to Bangalore via Kanakapura road. It was getting dark and raining. One moron truck driver with overload of jelly stones (big ones) came from opposite direction in a curve, while passing, his truck tilted showering jelly stones onto my Terrano. He didn't stop, went towards Malavalli village. I stopped my vehicle and inspected, there was one small dent on fender, small chip on windshield, few scratches on bumper, driver and passenger doors. I didn't follow the truck as it was dark, raining and I was with my family.

OMG, whom can I tell what went thru my mind and heart

I really didn't know how to react for this, I had owned many cars in past but never went thru something like this. Thanks to strong windshield of Terrano and thanks god, it didn't crack. If the driver side window was open I would have been hit by the stones.

Shahwar guys told I should go for painting as it cant be fixed with rubbing polish. Painting for a 18 days old vehicle?!, no way, I can live with it, but everytime I see it, my heart pains.

Please let me know what I should have done.
I empathize with you, it's so sad that a new vehicle got damaged.

Please correct the damage to the extent possible with rubbing compound, etc.
There are quite a few new compounds available for the purpose.
A stand-alone automobile paint shop should be able to guide you!

Please don't go by your dealer/service centre's advise, given a long rope, they will recommend replacing the body-shell!
They just want billing!

BTW, it's a good thing you didn't attempt following the truck, such exercises are meaningless in this country - I am speaking from experience!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 18th May 2015 at 21:39.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:32   #668
BHPian

Hello, Fellow BHPians.

This is my 1st post here, apologies for any mistakes beforehand.

I bought My Terrano 85 BHP XL on Dec, '14.
Till date, the experience has been par.

But from a last few weeks, the glow plug light is coming on in the dashboard, and then big drops in acceleration and mileage are experienced.

after halting for some time, the light disappears, but comes back on after some time.

A friend of mine advised ecu scanning for this,

What do you guys suggest??

P.s. i searched the forums, couldn't find an answer, hence asking here.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-cf2047a87e00481fab49ab3d04bc6145hires.jpg

Light is 1st row, 2nd column
Old 24th May 2015, 13:48   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
Hello, Fellow BHPians.

I bought My Terrano 85 BHP XL on Dec, '14.
Till date, the experience has been par.

But from a last few weeks, the glow plug light is coming on in the dashboard, and then big drops in acceleration and mileage are experienced.

after halting for some time, the light disappears, but comes back on after some time.

A friend of mine advised ecu scanning for this,

What do you guys suggest??

P.s. i searched the forums, couldn't find an answer, hence asking here.

Attachment 1373514

Light is 1st row, 2nd column
As per Renault Duster owner's manual, glow plug light with engine ON is sign of fuel system malfunction and advise you to take it to authorized service center immediately.

Do take it to service center and get it scanned for trouble codes.
Power Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 22:25   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
Hello, Fellow BHPians.
I too had the same issue within the first month or two. I was told it was a faulty speed sensor or something that was causing the light to turn on. Acceleration would drop too. If you take it to the service station, they'll fix it under Warranty. I got it fixed & it hasn't cropped up again.

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2015 at 23:04. Reason: Reduced the fully quoted post
unni_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 12:44   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Freak View Post
As per Renault Duster owner's manual, glow plug light with engine ON is sign of fuel system malfunction and advise you to take it to authorized service center immediately.

Do take it to service center and get it scanned for trouble codes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
I too had the same issue within the first month or two. I was told it was a faulty speed sensor or something that was causing the light to turn on. Acceleration would drop too. If you take it to the service station, they'll fix it under Warranty. I got it fixed & it hasn't cropped up again.
Thanks for the update guys,
I got it scanned at the service center,
They said that some error code were cropping up, they have reset them now.
Old 17th June 2015, 17:18   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

-Hummer
Hi, hope you're going to post your review soon :-)
Old 18th June 2015, 14:35   #673
BHPian

I'm going to join the Nissan family tomorrow.
I'm taking delivery of my Terrana Groove the ltd edition.
I'm super excited. Was at EVM yesterday to take a look and order the accessories.
Im changing the system to the map india one and connecting the reverse camera to that. Hope it churns out enough.
Also adding the rear spoiler and the car comes with enough chrome. :-)

Will post pics after I take delivery.

Looking of an arm rest between the front seats pls share info if you have any.
Old 19th June 2015, 14:27   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'm going to join the Nissan family tomorrow.
I'm taking delivery of my Terrana Groove the ltd edition..Will post pics after I take delivery.
Congratulations! Welcome to the Nissan family! Looking forward to your pics and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Looking of an arm rest between the front seats pls share info if you have any.
I had ordered one from Amazon. Unfortunately it does not fit properly as it obstructs the seat belt holder slots. I did not want to adjust the slot position so I ended up not fitting it. I would suggest you got to some shop and confirm first that it fits properly.
Old 23rd June 2015, 01:35   #675
BHPian

Has anybody faced excess fogging and misting of the outside of your windows when the AC is on? esp at night!

its terribly annoying and unsafe.

is it the design of the vents closer to the windscreen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks