Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2015, 13:45   #3481
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Registration should not take time at all. At least here in Bangalore, if you complete payment today, registration is completed the next day and car should be ready for delivery in a day or 2 after that. Is the process in Mumbai any different?
Hope you have seen the car and done a quick PDI?
Rajeevraj - the Sales Agent mentioned that it would take approximately 3-4 days for registration and delivery of the vehicle. Plus with the new regulations i would need to visit the RTO in person as well.
Old 2nd February 2015, 05:39   #3482
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Visiting this thread after some time. Has anybody found out if it is possible to activate the auto folding feature of ORVMs on switching off the car?
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:29   #3483
BHPian

@abkett
Sorry can't be very sure about the resale value. The car is hardly a year old since launch. But looking at the slowly increasing affinity towards automatics, I hope the car gets a slightly more price compared to the manual one.
knight.rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:43   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight.rider View Post
@abkett
The Auto is a dream to drive. I swear not going back to manual. This seems to be less of a headache if you follow all the manufacturer schedules of maintenance. My car has done only 3000 k bh now, so it's still a honeymoon period for me. It's very efficient, the highest I got is upto 18.5kmpl. And I am consistently getting 13 kmpl in city traffic. (It's a mix of both Mumbai and Pune)
This is really good mileage for Petrol AT. I do not get that much even on my MT. Highways & long drives, I get around 17.5 kmpl, at speeds around 80 to 90 kmph (sedate driving). In City limits, NOT bumper-to-bumper traffic, I get around 13.2 to 13.5 kmpl. I am sure in thick City traffic, it will be lesser.

Good to know CVT AT are giving almost equal of marginally more mileage than MT, for Honda Cars. Are most Honda City AT owners claiming this kind of high mileage? Would be good to know.
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:41   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
This is really good mileage for Petrol AT. I do not get that much even on my MT. Highways & long drives, I get around 17.5 kmpl, at speeds around 80 to 90 kmph (sedate driving). In City limits, NOT bumper-to-bumper traffic, I get around 13.2 to 13.5 kmpl. I am sure in thick City traffic, it will be lesser.
Are you running on stock tyres? 13 Kmpl is still good for a petrol sedan in city traffic. My petrol Polo used to give 10-11Kmpl. So 13 Kmpl for a larger car with more powerful engine is commendable.
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:55   #3486
BHPian

I too get similar numbers on VX CVT though the number drops in b2b traffic though.
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:42   #3487
KRN
BHPian

Folks,

Very excited! Got my Carnelian Red City SV CVT delivered last week. My thanks to a lot of BHPians that guided me in choosing this dream ride. Special thanks to SeranManian for his inputs and valuable insights that helped me choose the SV version!

I am planning to put up an ownership review soon, but need quick help in the following areas

1. Having used a car with black interiors earlier, I am really worried about the seats getting soiled soon. Where can I find good seat covers in Chennai and a professional install? I stay in OMR

2. I bought 3D mats on ebay. They are just an OK fit and dont provide 100% coverage to the carpet area, especially the vertical surfaces of the carpet. Any idea of how I can protect them? I am not in favor of end to end vinyl (?) carpeting which will spoil the looks
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-s.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-2s.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-3s.jpg  

KRN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 21:02   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post

I am planning to put up an ownership review soon, but need quick help in the following areas
2. I bought 3D mats on ebay. They are just an OK fit and dont provide 100% coverage to the carpet area, especially the vertical surfaces of the carpet. Any idea of how I can protect them? I am not in favor of end to end vinyl (?) carpeting which will spoil the looks
Congratulation on your new City. The car looks good in this shade. Enjoy your ride.

Regarding carpeting, I think there is a white transparent type carpet available which doesn't spoil the looks. It's not car specific but will fit well. I'll try to post some pics soon.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:00   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Are you running on stock tyres? 13 Kmpl is still good for a petrol sedan in city traffic. My petrol Polo used to give 10-11Kmpl. So 13 Kmpl for a larger car with more powerful engine is commendable.
Yes, running on stock MRF ZVTV tyres.

On the mileage part, couple of thoughts: I keep 32 psi air pressure in all 4 tyres. Also, there are these 2 gas stations that I normally fill up on....usually gives consistent good mileage. There is another 3rd gas station around the area, where if I fill up, has consistently given me slightly lesser mileage. The difference is around 0.5 to 1 kmpl, but then that adds up over many refills.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:07   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Very excited! Got my Carnelian Red City SV CVT delivered last week. My thanks to a lot of BHPians that guided me in choosing this dream ride. Special thanks to SeranManian for his inputs and valuable insights that helped me choose the SV version!

1. Having used a car with black interiors earlier, I am really worried about the seats getting soiled soon. Where can I find good seat covers in Chennai and a professional install? I stay in OMR

Congratulations to you! Good choice.

On the car mat topic, did you consider NoMad mats from 3M. They can make custom fitting with 100% coverage. Recently I visited a 3M showroom and took a demo. Little expensive, but for your brand new SV CVT, well worth it. They had them in 3 colors - black, beige & grey. Of course now that you've already purchased the mats, wait for sometime, use them and then maybe consider changing for a new look.
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:38   #3491
BHPian

Another 7671 Nos. Honda City Sold in the month of January-2015. It's a huge achievement considering it's the 13th month of the model post the delivery start. The 4th Gen Honda City has averaged at close to 7000 if not over it since it's deliveries started. Even the Ciaz from the MSIL stable has not been able to come close the this kind of average in the initial 4-5 months.

Here is the link to the article:

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=330

Also, Honda registered their highest ever domestic sales on the financial year with 18,331 cars.
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:38   #3492
BHPian

Quote:

I bought 3D mats on ebay. They are just an OK fit and dont provide 100% coverage to the carpet area, especially the vertical surfaces of the carpet. Any idea of how I can protect them? I am not in favor of end to end vinyl (?) carpeting which will spoil the looks
I've been using 3M's Nomad mats in beige for the past one year and am very happy with it. I installed them when there were no options in the market other than the stock Honda mats which obviously didn't have full coverage. It covers the entire carpet well- I have used a single piece for the entire back seat foot well.
Old 3rd February 2015, 14:27   #3493
BHPian

Guys what is the waiting period for the petrol Honda City in your city?
I got city VX CVT booked on the 3rd of January with Prestige Honda here in Chandigarh and was told that is was on waiting and shall be delivered to me withing 2 months. I called them today to inquire about the delivery of my car and they told me that there is some delay on the production of the petrol city and therefore it will take another 2 to 3 months .
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:45   #3494
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Guys what is the waiting period for the petrol Honda City in your city?

I got city VX CVT booked on the 3rd of January with Prestige Honda here in Chandigarh and was told that is was on waiting and shall be delivered to me withing 2 months. I called them today to inquire about the delivery of my car and they told me that there is some delay on the production of the petrol city and therefore it will take another 2 to 3 months .

Call them everyday.
Give them a visit.
Email Honda.
This should escalate your delivery. It's eyewash by the dealer. Read up, there was a similar case a couple of pages ago.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:10   #3495
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I've been using 3M's Nomad mats in beige for the past one year and am very happy with it. I installed them when there were no options in the market other than the stock Honda mats which obviously didn't have full coverage. It covers the entire carpet well- I have used a single piece for the entire back seat foot well.
Can you share how much these mats cost? I read elsewhere that they are pretty expensive, but if they are long lasting, it may be worth the investment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks