Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 21:28   #3511
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
What about Oil - does anyone recommend going for the Synthetic Oil given that the vehicle has done some 16K + kms ? What was the bill amount approximately ?
Have been happily using the regular semi-synth. I feel no real need to switch to pure synthetic. Refinement and performance both are good as long as the diesel is fresh and unadulterated.

I plan on giving doses of System D sometime down the line when it will start getting a bit rough.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 07:53   #3512
BHPian

By[quote=Shreyans_Jain;3639813]Congrats. Mine completes its first year on the 20th.

Nothing major, except that you should consider getting the air filter changed. It is supposed to be changed every 20k km but in my experience, it needs cleaning every 5k km and HAS TO BE replaced every 10000km, ie at every regular service, Delhi - NCR conditions. Ditto for my Jazz

Honda has seemingly not Indian-ized its air filter schedule and what they recommend just does not work.

I cleaned my City's air filter today morning, and this is what came out.
Current odo reading: almost 25k km.
Filter was replaced at 20000km.
Perceptible improvement in pick-up post cleaning, as always.

/QUOTE]

How about moving to K&N high performance filters? Has anybody tried them on the new City?

Last edited by outdoorlover : 7th February 2015 at 07:55.
Old 7th February 2015, 13:40   #3513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
How about moving to K&N high performance filters? Has anybody tried them on the new City?
All my cars are used for over 2lakh km. Performance filters are not the smartest idea if you want to maintain the engine in top condition for such a long time.
Old 7th February 2015, 16:48   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have finalized Autoform u Impress covers for my car from Jeewajee in Chennai.
That is a wonderful move for sure. Even Team BHPian RAVEN AVI did that for his City. I too called him up twice. But both those times he was not in his shop and I did not have much time to frequent GP Road and hence dropped that Idea and went ahead with Dolphin Covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Congrats. Mine completes its first year on the 20th.

Honda has seemingly not Indian-ized its air filter schedule and what they recommend just does not work.

I cleaned my City's air filter today morning, and this is what came out.
Current odo reading: almost 25k km.
Filter was replaced at 20000km.
Perceptible improvement in pick-up post cleaning, as always.
That was a nice DIY demo. I would sure want to do such DIY trials. Is reaching and opening the air filter a easy job? If so I will try this week end. .
Old 7th February 2015, 21:38   #3515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
That was a nice DIY demo. I would sure want to do such DIY trials. Is reaching and opening the air filter a easy job? If so I will try this week end. .
Oh it is really easy. Pop the hood and you will see a biggish black box right next to the engine on the right ride. That box contains the air filter. There are two metal clips there which you need to open and take the filter out.

Just tap the filter multiple times on the ground and the dust will fall off.

Now re insert the filter, and put the clips back on. Entire process takes hardly a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 7th February 2015 at 21:51.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:21   #3516
BHPian

Honda City is now available in six colours. Orchid White Pearl, Carnelian Red Pearl, Golden Brown Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Taffeta White and Urben Titanium Metallic. Hope It is not a repeat.
Old 8th February 2015, 12:52   #3517
BHPian

To cut the story short, I am booking Honda city VX ivtec today. No offers, no discounts from Whitefield honda. I am told of 3 month waiting period for carnelian red.

My shortlist had VW Vento 1.2 TSI also. In my view both these cars were on par. Finally, my wife and son tilted the balance towards City.

The long story of my search and subsequent ownership experiences to follow.
Old 8th February 2015, 15:14   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
To cut the story short, I am booking Honda city VX ivtec today. No offers, no discounts from Whitefield honda. I am told of 3 month waiting period for carnelian red.

My shortlist had VW Vento 1.2 TSI also. In my view both these cars were on par. Finally, my wife and son tilted the balance towards City.

The long story of my search and subsequent ownership experiences to follow.
Congratulations! Hope you receive your car soon. The VX CVT is a good, efficient, and smooth vehicle with great bells and whistles.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:22   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Have been happily using the regular semi-synth. I feel no real need to switch to pure synthetic. Refinement and performance both are good as long as the diesel is fresh and unadulterated.
For some reason I switched to synthetic oil during my 6 months service (3rd free).
With 1st paid service right around the corner, would like to ask if it is advisable to go back to semi-synth oil, or stick to synth oil? Does it make any difference?
Old 9th February 2015, 14:17   #3520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 View Post
For some reason I switched to synthetic oil during my 6 months service (3rd free).
With 1st paid service right around the corner, would like to ask if it is advisable to go back to semi-synth oil, or stick to synth oil? Does it make any difference?
Of course you can go back to the stock oil.
While I personally have not sampled exactly how the iDTEC responds to synthetic oil, there will not be a big difference. A keen driver may find a bit of extra smoothness missing, but that's about it.
Old 9th February 2015, 16:07   #3521

The protective plastic under the engine has been broken due to driving on some horrible roads. The part was not available for nearly 2 months and it has finally come and the service executive told me that it costs Rs.7,500/- whereas the protective plastic in the older versions of the city was much cheaper at about Rs.1500 to Rs.1800. Should I go with the one recommended by the Honda Service center or are there any alternatives available in the open market? I live in Chennai and the dealer is Capital
Old 9th February 2015, 16:16   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Congratulations! Hope you receive your car soon. The VX CVT is a good, efficient, and smooth vehicle with great bells and whistles.
Thanks you! Just to clarify I booked VX MT. Automatic was just a "good to have" for me. That's the reason for my peculiar options of 1.2 TSI Vento and Honda City.

I told my SA that I will take the delivery only after PDI in stockyard. He said PDI can be done after full payment. I don't think so. Can anyone confirm?
Old 9th February 2015, 22:00   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
Thanks you! Just to clarify I booked VX MT. Automatic was just a "good to have" for me. That's the reason for my peculiar options of 1.2 TSI Vento and Honda City.

I told my SA that I will take the delivery only after PDI in stockyard. He said PDI can be done after full payment. I don't think so. Can anyone confirm?
SA is taking you for a ride. Insist that payment will be done only after you have done PDI of the vehicle. Do not play by his book, insist on doing your own PDI, confirm if it is a 2015 vehicle, confirm its in good condition, then make the payment.
Old 9th February 2015, 22:35   #3524
BHPian

Spotted this stunning 1st gen city ahead of me in the traffic.....following the great grand daddy
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-.jpg  

Old 10th February 2015, 10:13   #3525
BHPian

BHP-ians,

Would like to check if there are any C-Quartz treatment options in Hyderabad? I know there are in Bangalore and Chennai but any in Hyderabad?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks