Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 11:10   #661

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Any recommendations for floor mats for my Xcent ? One of the rear mats is missing and the driver side is ripping slowly. I prefer fabric, but rubber / pvc may be more practical. I don't want to cut and make my own.
Are there any seat covers available only for the driver's seat?
rajpalkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 19:13   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpalkaran View Post
Are there any seat covers available only for the driver's seat?
Go to any car accessory shop and tell them you want only driver's seat cover. They will be able to custom stitch one for you.
Old 4th September 2019, 17:32   #663
BHPian

Crossed the 120,000 kms mark and it was time to do some more preventive (and forced) maintenance. My car is SX(O) AT and five years old.
  • Changed shock absorbers, springs and struts proactively, given the beating the car has taken over the years. Damages Rs 11,000
  • Changed brake drum, brake pads and liner. I have been checking on the brake drum for the last 40,000 kms and it still seemed to be usable, with little scouring even now. However, got scared after hitting the 120,000 km mark and changed it proactively (yes I am a sissy !). Brake pads lasted 40,000 kms and again changed with some useful life still left. Damages Rs 7,500
  • The battery went kaput. The OEM lasted me 2 years and this one lasted me 3 years. Is this all a battery is supposed to last ? Damages Rs 3,200
  • Suprisingly the drive belt showed cracks. It was replaced just 30,000 kms ago. Obviously poor quality. Hopefully the new one lasts better. When I argued with the mechanic, he says in some i10s he is changing them after 10,000 kms. What ??!
  • Overall damages were Rs 37,000 (ouch). Hyundai charges are going up and up (like to like comparison of parts from 3 years ago is approximating to something like 40% price rise). Labour charges are particularly rising. Perhaps time to look for FNG, although I have only used authorised service centres so far.
Overall, I have done some extensive maintenace this year. Perhaps some of it was overkill, but anything for peace of mind (a priceless commodity when you are in some deserted road in some far off place !) Car continues to perform very well. Hope to take it for a further 120,000 kms
Secretariat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 10:53   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Crossed the 120,000 kms mark and it was time to do some more preventive (and forced) maintenance. My car is SX(O) AT and five years old.
Car continues to perform very well. Hope to take it for a further 120,000 kms
Im happy to see that your car has done well even after 1 lac km. My SX(O) AT Petrol is also five years old and done only 36000 km. It looks like I may need to change the brake pads and probably the tires. I had a puncture last week and it looks like two of the tires are on the last leg.

When you changed your tire did you stick to the same tires - I know that the SXO has non-standard tire size and hence choices are limited. Mine are Bridgestone.
For brake pad change (apologies in advance for a very basic question), what all need to be changed and done. I know they will force me to change pads, machine something or change other little stuff too. I want to be armed with some knowledge when I give in my car for a check up in the next month or so.
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:14   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good going sir. I also have a five year old SX(O) AT. And it has covered only 20K in all these five years . I use it only for city drives. Good to see that brake pads can last till 40k in the Xcent. My other car is due for brake pad change at 25k kms. For 1.2 lakh kms, the service cost still does not feel high to me. I don't think my car will ever run that much tkms.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:55   #666
BHPian

Quote:
When you changed your tire did you stick to the same tires - I know that the SXO has non-standard tire size and hence choices are limited.
Thanks for your post. I changed my tires at the first tyre change to Yokohama 185/60/R15 and would recommend that you upsize. The 175/60/R15 that came as stock tyres are made only by Bridgestone, are expensive and not easily available outside the metros. I have been very happy with the Yoko tyres and they are available everywhere.

Quote:
For brake pad change , what all need to be changed and done.
Its a fairly basic change and can be done in short time. The brake pads now cost me around Rs 1200. Your brake drum should be fine given the low usage but worth checking. Shouldn't need anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
For 1.2 lakh kms, the service cost still does not feel high to me. I don't think my car will ever run that much tkms.
Thank You. I did some significant work at the 100,000 km mark as well and together it has burnt a hole !

I know your other car is a "biggie", but take the Xcent on a long trip and you'll get hooked to it
Secretariat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 13:09   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know your other car is a "biggie", but take the Xcent on a long trip and you'll get hooked to it
Sure. In fact I have used it for a couple of 200-300 km trips. One thing that I like is the NVH levels of that Hyundai engine. At times in traffic blocks, I find it very difficult to know whether the engine is on or not. One question to you- Did the engine sound change after so many kms?
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 16:46   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
One question to you- Did the engine sound change after so many kms?
Nope. It's still the same as before.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 23:10   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations ! What all maintenance have you carried out for the AT gearbox?
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 09:41   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Congratulations ! What all maintenance have you carried out for the AT gearbox?
Thanks. Nothing has been done to gearbox other than the AT oil change done at 100,000 kms. It cost me Rs 11,000 (10 litres at Rs 1000 per litre if I recall right). The recommended interval is 120,000 kms, but I think that is unrealistic in our conditions. From about 70,000 kms it needs watching and very likely it has to be changed before 100,000 kms.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:00   #671
Senior - BHPian

What is the wiper size for the Hyundai Xcent 2014 car? Is it 22" and 16". I'm ordering some online and want to ensure size is right.
Old 17th December 2019, 15:49   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the wiper size for the Hyundai Xcent 2014 car? Is it 22" and 16". I'm ordering some online and want to ensure size is right.
You are right. It is 22" and 16" for Grand i10 and Xcent.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:42   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
You are right. It is 22" and 16" for Grand i10 and Xcent.
I ordered these basic Bosch via amazon. Fitting it was easy - 2 minutes job. Overall performance is acceptable. No major streaking. Some squeak/shudder when the wiper comes back - last part of the downward sweep. Its better than the mYTVS wiper I last used. It doesn't seem to be as good as the original wipers that came when I bought the car.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21KZVQ
Old 20th January 2020, 11:53   #674
BHPian

Over the weekend, there were couple of repairs on my 2015 car that has run 30,000 KMs.

a) The AC was not effective over long journeys. The thermistor must be replaced. Since they did not have stock, it will be completed this week.
b) ABS warning light was ON. An issue with left rear ABS sensor. Replacement cost - 3.6K !

Quote:
I changed my tires at the first tyre change to Yokohama 185/60/R15 and would recommend that you upsize.
Thanks for the info.
Did you change the alloys too ? Can you please post a pic with the new tyres if possible. The SA informed my tyres have about 5K life before replacement
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:49   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Did you change the alloys too ? Can you please post a pic with the new tyres if possible. The SA informed my tyres have about 5K life before replacement
No, I didn't change the alloys. Have been operating on 185/60 R15 tyres for about 80,000 kms now. Changed tyres every 40/50,000 kms and another change is due now. No issues with these spec tyres; they have worked fine for me. Photo below, but of course these tyres are old now !

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20200121_095010.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks