Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 17:14   #1606
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Just done with the regular checkup before my big drive tomorrow. Walked in at 12 PM and left at 4 PM. 4 hours is too long for a regular checkup happening at 7K Kms. Had the above checked and confirmed in the presence of an SA. Car was delivered post a wash with a bill of Rs 0.
Left the service station only to see that the outside temp reader said 26 degrees when i was ure it was ~40 degrees outside. Took the car back and after a lot of haggling with the SA, he reluctantly took the car back to the bay. The front bumper was removed and the temp sensor air blasted. Reading returned to normal post this exercise. Finally could leave.

What all we have to do for peace of mind.
Few points.
  • 4 hours for a regular checkup is just too long. But then in India, aise he hota hai.
  • Quality of SA in Hyundai is similar to quality of SA in TATA.
  • When is mentioned about the error in the temp sensor, my SA had no clue what the sensor was supposed to read. He calmly told me that since the car was washed, the car had cooled down. I had to control my emotions
  • Took him inside the car and the next thing he says is the temp sensor is showing what the car temp will be with the AC. Control emotions Part 2
  • Final nail in the coffin. The temp sensor was now reading 28, from 26 earlier. SA with pleasure and a sense of achievement, "Sir it must be 26 outside, see its afternoon and the temp has gone up by 2 degrees." I told him do you think that Hyundai is so pathetic that they will use such a poor quality sensor? Just take the car down to the bay
  • Based on my personal experience, all SAs should be technically sound with the system/cars they are assigned to. It seems almost all the SAs are just some sort of sales/management guys who work on the floor. The real brains are the underpaid mechanics on the floor, who know their job
AveekKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 11:24   #1607
BHPian

Completed the 2nd free service (12 months / 10,000 kms) for my Elite i20 CRDi last weekend at Shreenath Hyundai, Mumbai (Chembur workshop). Was happy with the service levels, with the car ready for me to drive back in 90 minutes.

The workshop changed the engine oil and oil filter, and cleaned the air filter and topped-up other fluids. The SA himself mentioned that he will drive the vehicle, and if it is not pulling to one-side, alignment / balancing will not be required. I also got the car back spanking clean, with the interiors shining after a fresh coat of dashboard wax.

The only issue I had was that despite requesting for 4 tyre-rotation, the SA claims he has rotated the front tyres only as 4-tyre rotation would mean going through alignment (which I didn't have a problem with!), and will he rotate all 4 tyres in the 20,000 service. Didn't bother arguing, and will get this done at my neighbouring tyre shop.

Costs: INR 1,968/- only, for 5L engine oil and a new oil filter.

Overall a good experience, and I would recommend this workshop to everyone in Mumbai.

Last edited by phoenixash : 25th April 2016 at 11:27. Reason: Grammar
Old 25th April 2016, 13:06   #1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
The workshop changed the engine oil and oil filter, and cleaned the air filter and topped-up other fluids. The SA himself mentioned that he will drive the vehicle, and if it is not pulling to one-side, alignment / balancing will not be required. I also got the car back spanking clean, with the interiors shining after a fresh coat of dashboard wax.

The only issue I had was that despite requesting for 4 tyre-rotation, the SA claims he has rotated the front tyres only as 4-tyre rotation would mean going through alignment (which I didn't have a problem with!), and will he rotate all 4 tyres in the 20,000 service. Didn't bother arguing, and will get this done at my neighbouring tyre shop.
Good to hear that you had nice experience with the service.
Regarding the alignment, I suggest you get it done mandatorily every 6 months. Alignment issues cannot be easily detected upon driving. All Hyundai service centers have 3D alignment machines which can detect even minute alignment issues. Nevertheless, you can get it done from any of your well-known local workshops, they will do it for half the price.

Also, do get all 4 tyres rotated as per schedule mentioned in manual. This is because the front tyres wear faster than rear tyres and by rotating this way, you will have uniform wear.
Old 25th April 2016, 17:06   #1609
BHPian

Help Needed for elite i20 paid service.

My elite i20 (Sportz O, CRDI) has completed almost 30K and I am planning to have the 4th service (1st paid service) done next week. I have the following issues:
1) The front suspension in my car makes a lot of noise which seems to be related to the defective suspension bushes.
2) The car consistently pulls to the left side a lot (alignment / steering sensor rest issue).
3) The head unit seems to have something loose inside which rattles a lot only when the car is going uphill in a bad road.

Other than these three, the car has no major issues. I need help to decide the following:

1) Where to get the car serviced in Kochi. I have the following options.
a) Popular Hyundai
b) VTJ Hyundai
c) MGF Hyundai

Bhpians from Kochi, kindly advise which service center is comparatively better.

2) Bhp ians who have completed the 1st paid service, it would be great if you could provide me a rough estimate of the cost incurred, just to make sure that the SVC would not overcharge me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th April 2016, 07:32   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post

1) Where to get the car serviced in Kochi. I have the following options.
a) Popular Hyundai
b) VTJ Hyundai
c) MGF Hyundai
If possible kindly give your vehicle at MGF Hyundai service center at Wellington Island.Meet Mr Ajesh there and hel take good care of your car. Have been servicing our Hyundai cars there for the past 13 years and they do a great job

Hope it helps
Pai
Old 26th April 2016, 15:35   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to all owners of the i20 Elite:
How good are the stock head-lamps of the Asta ? (Not the projector type)
Old 26th April 2016, 16:07   #1612
BHPian

Stock headlamps are adequate for both city as well as highway driving
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 16:33   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Iv been driving an I20 for 2 months now in Blr and have found the light to be inadequate

Found it lacking while driving on the highway at night as well
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 16:48   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Iv been driving an I20 for 2 months now in Blr and have found the light to be inadequate

Found it lacking while driving on the highway at night as well
Yup, I have found the stock headlamps inadequate for highway driving as well. High beam solves this, but of course you don't want to be driving in high beam on a two-way carriageway.
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 18:19   #1615
BHPian

I have recently done a trip from Hyd to Shirdi and back in a month old Elite i20 CRDi. The lighting is pathetic to say the least. Looking for other alternatives/upgrades.

Anyone done a bulb upgrade without any additional task on Elite i20 ?

The SA here says I can go ahead with having auxiliary lamps fitted and it will not void any warranty.
Old 26th April 2016, 21:37   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hey !
The bulbs in the I20 are 55/60 W and are pretty inadequate for highway drives. I've found them to be quite dim in city conditions too.

The difference is noticeable in city when you're driving in dimly lit areas (Roads without street lights). It just doesn't illuminate the road well enough. In fact, i find it so poor that i have got into the habit of driving with the fog lamps on.

As for highways, Same story. It illuminates, but not strongly enough. It's gets worse when the roads and dividers do not nave markers on them. The black tar roads just gulp down whatever lights the bulbs are throwing.

That said, I wont pass them off as completely useless. They work, they just aren't the best there is. If you do a lot of highway trips then i would suggest you to at least upgrade the bulbs (from the ASC of course) to a higher Watt rating ones. A 100W bulb makes a ton of difference than the puny 60W one in the car. It's always wise to be safe than sorry.
Cheers
Old 27th April 2016, 11:19   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavindro View Post
Hi Dinesh,

I have got the i20 Active projectors + DRLs headlight assembly fitted to my 2015 i20 through the dealership itself without any issues. As I had mentioned earlier it works very well including the auto head lamp feature. the only thing I miss out is the cornering lamp function.

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Mavindro,

Great to hear that. Can you help me with sharing minute details of the overall procedure as it happened while installing Active's projectors in your elite.

Also, it would be really helpful of you if you could share your number with me. I'd want to connect with you over a call or whatsapp.
Hey guys!

I plan to get the projector lamps installed in my car too. It would be very helpful if @Mavindro could put up a post with exact details, procedure and expenses involved.

Also, Have you gone ahead with the installation @Dinesh_Malhotra ? If yes which ASC did you get it done from and how was your experience with the same.

I have a long highway trip coming up in a month's time and i plan to get the headlamps upgraded as i find the stock ones to be weak.

Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 12:20   #1618
BHPian

I've upgraded to Philips X-treame vision 130+ bulbs. I see some improvement over there despite of having 3M windscreen applied.
Old 30th April 2016, 13:08   #1619
BHPian

Hi,

For the very first time in the last 16k plus kms with a Oct 14 I20 elite petrol sportz, got a bit dissappointed, the adjustor of the louvers just came off :( Pics attached, is this readily replacable, or is the Hyundai Service going to make this a costly affair?

Regards
Shailesh
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_5252.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_5249.jpg  

Old 30th April 2016, 16:35   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

For the very first time in the last 16k plus kms with a Oct 14 I20 elite petrol sportz, got a bit dissappointed, the adjustor of the louvers just came off :( Pics attached, is this readily replacable, or is the Hyundai Service going to make this a costly affair?

Regards
Shailesh
Knew I couldn't be the only one facing this. The right adjuster for the rear AC vent has broken and gone inside of the vent. This puts a serious question mark on the quality of plastic used on the vents. If an adjuster simply breaks off doing the thing it's supposed to do then that's some real negligence on Hyundai's side.

Also, both the rear grab rails had come off when a really healthy friend tried taking their support.Thankfully, re-tightening of the screw fixed it.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg

[ATTACH]1501885[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks