Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 08:28   #1231
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I went for Ciaz test drive today. There is no offers on the car even though it's year end. He claims that it's the best selling car in the segment. I told him Honda City sales is consistently more than that of Ciaz. His reply "No. This is the best selling car saar. Lot of demand saar. No discount or offers".

Moreover, he told there will be ~30k price hike next month. Anyone heard of such a price hike OR is he just trying to get a quick booking?
Thanks for the info.

I too had gone for a TD in Nov end. I received a call from the SE to confirm the booking and to "protect against the price hike".

When I told him that i am confused between SCross & the Ciaz, he started marketing the Ciaz pushing me to make a booking & get a Jan registration.

IMHO, since a facelift is on the cards, there may not be a price hike.

I am waiting for the Nov sales figures to make a decision
Old 7th December 2015, 08:57   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post

Why you need the sales figures to decide? Take a TD and whichever car connects to you, go with it.

The sales figures between S Cross and Ciaz ? If so then Ciaz is the 2nd best seller in its segment clocking 5k+ while S Cross in its limited 80 Nexa outlets does 2.2k+ ( not sure of production constraints since Baleno is the priority)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 09:01   #1233
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Nov 2015 sales of Ciaz: 5,509; S-Cross: 2,222. Source: Management Punditz.
  (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:14   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Why you need the sales figures to decide? Take a TD and whichever car connects to you, go with it.

The sales figures between S Cross and Ciaz ? If so then Ciaz is the 2nd best seller in its segment clocking 5k+ while S Cross in its limited 80 Nexa outlets does 2.2k+ ( not sure of production constraints since Baleno is the priority)
I need the sales figures to negotiate. For me alone, it would be S Cross hands down. But the vehicle is to be used by my dad. He is also inclined towards S cross but according to him he should buy the Ciaz. (for all the back seat crature comforts)
Old 7th December 2015, 19:31   #1235

There was a 25k exchange bonus + 11k corporate discount + 13k subsidy when I booked my RS diesel in October. Please do check with other dealers before making a decision. With face-lift on cards and this being year end you should be able to negotiate this further.
anilmln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 01:30   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Ciaz to go premium with facelift in 2016, will join Nexa!

Maruti is getting ready to give a mild-facelift to its Ciaz sedan in the country and the model will also be upgraded as a premium offering to be sold through Nexa.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/scoop-marut...in-nexa-658064
Any updates on this news/rumor? As per the above link, there will be only cosmetic changes. If it's going to be sold through Nexa, how much price increase should we expect?
Old 13th December 2015, 10:00   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on this news/rumor? As per the above link, there will be only cosmetic changes. If it's going to be sold through Nexa, how much price increase should we expect?

I have talked to a sales rep in Mumbai and he did allude to this happening in 2015. The speculation is then that the price may increase. Although MSIL can't afford to increase the price by a huge factor

City and Ciaz are already making others bleed.
I am hearing that Verna is offering huge discounts. Sort of an indicator of killer competition.

If MSIL increases the price, it will need to be justified with added features

- CVT / AMT AT with minimum 5 speed
- paddle shifts
- Top end with sunroof
Old 16th December 2015, 20:41   #1238
BHPian

Hello all, I would like to get your opinion on the issue I'm facing

I booked Ciaz ZXi this weekend. During the pre-registration checkup today, I found out that the manufacturing month is July 2015 (VIN ends with GF).

1. Isn't this too old for the 2nd best seller in the segment?
2. At the time of booking, SA had told that it's an October manufactured car. Upon questioning it today, the manager is claiming that they received it in September and he is not sure of the manufacturing date.
3. Moreover, the odometer is disconnected. It doesn't display anything. Their claim is that they had to drive from their main branch to this place, and have to do one more back & forth trip for PDI & registration.

Putting all these together and reactions from SA & manager, I'm bit suspicious that I'm being tricked. Btw, I couldn't find any noticeable dent or damage on the car.

I have asked them to share transit details of the car from plant to showroom, to verify their claim is correct or not. Moreover, the ZXi+ display vehicle is manufactured in June, which was actually launched in Aug.
(Since I don't want to defame them before verifying all the facts, I'm not revealing the name of dealer as of now)

What do you guys think? How should I proceed?
Old 16th December 2015, 20:51   #1239
BANNED

Quote:
I wouldn't advice you to go ahead with this deal. A month or two maximum is what is best to accept for a car that sells decently well. Getting a July car with an odometer disconnected is raising suspicions in my head. You never know, it could be used as TD vehicle or some abuse.

Get another fresh car or go to any other dealer. That's it!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 21:10   #1240

Step Back from the vehicle , what i think why they still have a july manufactured car in stock is :

1. the vehicle may have been damaged during transit and the dealer may have repaired it and in doing so has disconnected the ODO so that it doesn't show that the car has traveled a lot before delivery.
2. How can the manager not be sure of the manufacturing date of the vehicle? he is the manager(should have details of all inventory).
3. It could be a test drive vehicle which has been properly serviced by the dealer and then being passed to you as an unsuspecting buyer.

My advice step back from the vehicle and ask the dealer to provide a more recently manufactured vehicle (1 or 2 months) .
And you surely don't want to live with a doubt (have i been duped by the dealer)?
Make a wise choice , a car is mostly the second most biggest investment of one's life.
Maxthrottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 23:13   #1241
BHPian

Thanks a4anurag & Maxthrottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get another fresh car or go to any other dealer. That's it!
Yes, I contacted other dealers. Will meet them tomorrow. It's the last ZXi in this particular showroom. Even if they had another, I cannot trust these guys anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
And you surely don't want to live with a doubt (have i been duped by the dealer)?
Make a wise choice , a car is mostly the second most biggest investment of one's life.
Agree with all points. I was also thinking in similar lines.
Old 17th December 2015, 09:16   #1242
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, I contacted other dealers. Will meet them tomorrow. It's the last ZXi in this particular showroom. Even if they had another, I cannot trust these guys anymore.
Visit another Maruti dealership. Cancel the booking here and get another car from another dealership with a fresh booking.

Be adamant on your stand and get a car that maximum 2 months old. All dealership yard's are open to nature elements and car just stand there without any protection so any older car will be rotting out there.
Old 17th December 2015, 10:01   #1243
BHPian

Don't even think of proceeding with this deal. A 2 month wait is better than a 5 year misery. Something does seem to be fishy with the odometer disconnected. My FIL got a Ciaz ZXI last month in Mumbai and it was an October manufacture with less than 100km on the odo (that's what they need to drive from the depot outside Mumbai to the showrooms).

Quote:
Old 17th December 2015, 19:55   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Don't even think of proceeding with this deal.
Thank you guys for the support. I booked Ciaz ZXi Silky Silver at another dealership (Pratham Maruti, HSR Layout). I didn't lose anything from the previous offer I was getting. As per the SA, my car is still in transit and mostly it will be Nov/Dec manufactured vehicle (Hoping for it to be true).

SA's at this dealership are very courteous. So, far the first impression is very good. Hopefully, everything goes well this time.
Old 17th December 2015, 20:11   #1245
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you guys for the support. I booked Ciaz ZXi Silky Silver at another dealership (Pratham Maruti, HSR Layout).
That is excellent news buddy. Have you been given the VIN?

Was the earlier booking transferred or you went to Pratham Maruti and went ahead with this deal with a fresh booking?

PS: Congratulations!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks