Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 14:11   #2446
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
When I check in Amazon, its says this is not compatible with Ciaz, does fitment require a lot of wire plumbing? Just curious to know if its a reliable fitment.
You either need to trust someone who has done this on a Ciaz nearly an year before, that too after getting feedback from another Ciaz owner about it who has driven 75K Km or trust Amazon for compatibility .

This is the screenshot of the owner's manual of Ciaz:

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz-bulb.jpg

Low beam is H7 and this is where you will install these bulbs from the HID kit. This is what I have also done.

Regarding your question on plumbing, I don't know whether you call making a hole on dust cap with a diameter size of a 5 Rs coin as Plumbing but you will need to drill these holes on both the dust caps (Left, Right). Apart from this, everything is plug and play.

The only problem that we ran into was to secure the clip to hold the HID bulb back and it was mainly because of the standard design of these HID bulbs.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-h7-hal-vs-hid.jpg

As you notice from the above image, HID bulbs have an extra protrusion after the base. This made us remove the entire Headlight reflector from right hand side and then fix the bulb as were unable to secure the clip properly for this side.

This is not a modification, this is a retrofit as you are fitting H7 HID where H7 Halogen existed. Hope this clears your doubts.

Disclaimer : This fitment for both the Ciaz I am referring to is for the pre-facelift model.

Last edited by paragsachania : 21st August 2019 at 14:22.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 20:19   #2447
BANNED

The Ciaz now comes with hands-free boot opening feature Auto Trunk which is available as an accessory.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 15:34   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembilath View Post
Hi ,

My 2015 Ciaz Zxi steering has been giving me trouble since it crossed 10k kms...Initially the steering felt light. Gradually it started becoming heavier and the auto centering is pathetic..whatever be the speed, it does not come back to the exact centre. During highway drives it is really frustrating as you have to keep on guiding the steering hard to keep it balanced.
I read all the posts related to the steering issues and would like to know if anything can be done about this issue as it is a real pain to the arm and every Maruti service centre I went said that's how the vehicle is and nothing can be done about it. Apparently, all the new Maruti steerings are the same. I'm almost on the verge of selling the car as it's very difficult because of the centering issue .
I am quite late on replying here, however i would like to tell you that i sold my Ciaz Zdi+ in 2017 which was just 11 months old due to the same reason. The steering of almost all new maruti cars have this. I did quite a bit of research myself, on the forum, and with Maruti people including their regional service managers, however it remained the same. Finally had to sell it with a heavy heart as otherwise me/family liked the car too much that even today my family also misses that car. Here's a link to the forum discussion https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4230382 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review) and some from the outside https://www.consumercomplaints.in/ma...oblem-c1062867
Old 19th November 2019, 21:25   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
I am quite late on replying here, however i would like to tell you that i sold my Ciaz Zdi+ in 2017 which was just 11 months old due to the same reason. The steering of almost all new maruti cars have this. I did quite a bit of research myself, on the forum, and with Maruti people including their regional service managers, however it remained the same. Finally had to sell it with a heavy heart as otherwise me/family liked the car too much that even today my family also misses that car. Here's a link to the forum discussion https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4230382 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review) and some from the outside https://www.consumercomplaints.in/ma...oblem-c1062867
Again contacted Maruti and they arranged an ASC to check the steering once again in the presence of their people and they did check a lot of parameters and came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with the steering. I knew they would deny it, but got it checked again as I badly wanted to get a solution for this problem. I can no longer bear this heavy steering and I am going to sell my vehicle. Yes, all new maruti steerings are similar, they do not auto center
Old 19th November 2019, 21:48   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
, all new maruti steerings are similar, they do not auto center
Dont know what's wrong with your vehicle, but my recently purchased Swift BS6 auto centers pretty easily and efficiently. No human interference needed. Infact the same is true with my Ciaz, 90% auto corrects, and just a flick in the end to bring it in line.
Old 19th November 2019, 22:24   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Dont know what's wrong with your vehicle, but my recently purchased Swift BS6 auto centers pretty easily and efficiently. No human interference needed. Infact the same is true with my Ciaz, 90% auto corrects, and just a flick in the end to bring it in line.
The new 1.5L Ciaz is far better i would say, but I will have to disagree with the 1.4L Ciaz , as it does not auto center properly and there is too much dead feel at low speeds, ( I did try different vehicles and even the ASC people gave me different vehicles to show me that it's how it is in CIAZ). In highways you have to keep on aligning it and its even more tiring in ghat roads.
I said most Maruti's, as my Father's new Wagon-R does not auto center properly, same with Baleno, S-cross 1.3 and Ignis ( these are the new one's i tried) , but Ciaz steering felt the heaviest of the lot
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:53   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
The new 1.5L Ciaz is far better i would say, but I will have to disagree with the 1.4L Ciaz , as it does not auto center properly and there is too much dead feel at low speeds, ( I did try different vehicles and even the ASC people gave me different vehicles to show me that it's how it is in CIAZ). In highways you have to keep on aligning it and its even more tiring in ghat roads.
I said most Maruti's, as my Father's new Wagon-R does not auto center properly, same with Baleno, S-cross 1.3 and Ignis ( these are the new one's i tried) , but Ciaz steering felt the heaviest of the lot
I can understand your feelings as I was in 100 percent same situation. In fact mine was less than a year old vehicle and the family was liking all the luxury it provided. I tried taking test rides on other vehicles, swapped tyres from my friends cars, getting the alignments done, getting the car checked at multiple ASS, sending email to Maruti and what not. Then on a separate forum, I got a number of few people whom i called and understood that they had the same issues. One of them told me that he sold his car and then went on to buy Vento and how people would think that he is just being paranoid which happened to me as well. My friend who has a Ciaz does not feel it even today after owning it for 5 years now. I feel this issue does not effect a majority of people however only a few, may be whose driving style, or posture, or a long commute (in my case it was a long commute with traffic jams daily) which made me feel acute pain in my shoulder and neck area.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd November 2019 at 23:10. Reason: Typos, spacing.
Old 22nd November 2019, 21:23   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
My friend who has a Ciaz does not feel it even today after owning it for 5 years now. I feel this issue does not effect a majority of people however only a few , may be whose driving style, or posture, or a long commute (in my case it was a long commute with traffic jams daily) which made me feel acute pain in my shoulder and neck area.
Yes exactly, depends upon driving style and posture too. My father doesn't mind his Wagon R not auto centering, same with some other Ciaz owners I met . My drive is mostly through lot of curvy narrow roads and it is really tiring and started giving me too much shoulder and neck pain. I'm done with Maruti support. Everytime I send a mail, they respond and gets the ASC to contact me and the usual routine process and the steering is still the same. They would never say it's a design fault. As per Maruti, I read somewhere "it gives you the extra control" .
I really don't know how. Anyways done with Maruti and bye to my Ciaz.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd November 2019 at 23:09. Reason: Quote trimmed. Typos, spacing fixed.
Old 29th November 2019, 12:09   #2454
BHPian

Well, honestly speaking , after selling a Maruti and buying another brand would again have some their own set of problems. I now feel that there is no perfect vehicle, and no perfect brand. Especially if i talk about the service part, the staff is the same everywhere. When you do a slight background check, most of them keep switching jobs between Maruti, Hyundai, Tata etc. All service centers, and staff have the same moto- To loot the customer and make profits as much as they can. The mail that you sent to Maruti and the response you got would be the same in case of a Hyundai and may be worst in any other brand. These kind of issues are their least priorities. They are just looking for some quick bucks and easy customers.

Quote:
Yes exactly, depends upon driving style and posture too. My father doesn't mind his Wagon R not auto centering, same with some other Ciaz owners I met . My drive is mostly through lot of curvy narrow roads and it is really tiring and started giving me too much shoulder and neck pain. I'm done with Maruti support. Everytime I send a mail, they respond and gets the ASC to contact me and the usual routine process and the steering is still the same. They would never say it's a design fault. As per Maruti, I read somewhere "it gives you the extra control" .
I really don't know how. Anyways done with Maruti and bye to my Ciaz.
Well, honestly speaking , after selling a Maruti and buying another brand would again have some their own set of problems. I now feel that there is no perfect vehicle, and no perfect brand. Especially if i talk about the service part, the staff is the same everywhere. When you do a slight background check, most of them keep switching jobs between Maruti, Hyundai, Tata etc. All service centers, and staff have the same moto- To loot the customer and make profits as much as they can. The mail that you sent to Maruti and the response you got would be the same in case of a Hyundai and may be worst in any other brand. These kind of issues are their least priorities. They are just looking for some quick bucks and easy customers.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th November 2019 at 13:06. Reason: Please see the Mod Note above, thank you!
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:21   #2455
Distinguished - BHPian

This absence of steering wheel auto return seems common across multiple Marutis. Its the same behaviour in my Alto K10 as well (I think GTO also mentioned the same for SPresso). While I have no express problem with it & am fine with this behaviour as well - I'm actually intrigued about why it works this way.

By default with typical front wheel-steering designs & simple physics, the wheels (and steering) should attempt to return to their neutral position without any external aid. Thats because of the position of the ball joints, steering pivot & caster angle. Car's own weight pushes the wheels to neutral position even without much external force (like electric servo). It should happen in all cars.

I'm wondering if Maruti is doing something in design / ball joints to induce this behaviour on purpose & why if so.

(P.S. - My alto has run only 5k kms in 2 years and is maintained well. There is no wear and tear of suspension or other components. It even has new car smell still! )
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:56   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Yes exactly, depends upon driving style and posture too. My father doesn't mind his Wagon R not auto centering, same with some other Ciaz owners I met .
Posture - well most would fail on this aspect alone, whatever the car and seat comfort. No wonder Physicians are doing well and in demand these days.

I have seen and experienced how Ola and Uber drivers, tilt the seat so backward that the rear seat passenger behind the driver cannot sit comfortably. Its the long day drive, traffic, frustration that gets them sit weirdly, not good for health.

Quote:
My drive is mostly through lot of curvy narrow roads and it is really tiring and started giving me too much shoulder and neck pain. I'm done with Maruti support. Everytime I send a mail, they respond and gets the ASC to contact me and the usual routine process and the steering is still the same. They would never say it's a design fault. As per Maruti, I read somewhere "it gives you the extra control" .
Frankly speaking, 2 years of my CIAZ experience and i do not feel discomfort on auto steering alignment. It just gets intuitive, aligns most of the times. Don't think Maruti would have tweaked any design to "give the extra control". Could be some terrible issue with your car, which again would be true for any and every brand.

Quote:
Anyways done with Maruti and bye to my Ciaz
This sole reason to do away with India's No.1 car manufacturer with their No.1 Sedan seems a bit Harsh
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:16   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Posture - well most would fail on this aspect alone, whatever the car and seat comfort. No wonder Physicians are doing well and in demand these days.

I have seen and experienced how Ola and Uber drivers, tilt the seat so backward that the rear seat passenger behind the driver cannot sit comfortably. Its the long day drive, traffic, frustration that gets them sit weirdly, not good for health.

Frankly speaking, 2 years of my CIAZ experience and i do not feel discomfort on auto steering alignment. It just gets intuitive, aligns most of the times. Don't think Maruti would have tweaked any design to "give the extra control". Could be some terrible issue with your car, which again would be true for any and every brand.

This sole reason to do away with India's No.1 car manufacturer with their No.1 Sedan seems a bit Harsh
This issue is not just in my CIAZ, an issue most of the CIAZ 1.4L owners are facing. It's just that most of them don't realise the actual trouble in the auto centering.
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:18   #2458
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : 2 Year Paid Service

Hello,

Just an update on my 2 year, 1st paid service.
As always the SA tried to do his selling and get business, but referred the Manual and ticked all the boxes recommended for servicing.

My running is pretty less, Mumbai roads are bad as always and Metro work just makes them terrible. My Odo read 10081 when it went in for the 4th service.
The 3rd service was the last free one when Oil and Oil filter change was done.

This time, it was the Engine coolant change, Mineral Oil and Oil filter change, Air filter change, Clutch and Brakes service. With small work here and there, the final bill was 8900/-

I got the Engine waxing done as there were marks all over the engine bay giving a cue that Rats moved around. Hope this helps protect parts and wires from Rat menace.

Satisfied with the way Sai Service has maintained my Petrol 1.4 CIAZ.
The car runs smooth, no issues.
Old 2nd December 2019, 13:48   #2459
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : 2 Year Paid Service

Quote:
I got the Engine waxing done as there were marks all over the engine bay giving a cue that Rats moved around. Hope this helps protect parts and wires from Rat menace.
Engine wax will not help with rat problem. Go for rat repellent (non toxic) sprays from 3M or Nichem India. They are very effective & very economical. 1 application seems to be lasting for at least 3-4 months for me. Not a single rat has entered since I sprayed the solution in the engine bay thoroughly. Takes about 15-20 minutes for a thorough DIY. Totally worth it.

And its totally non toxic. Purely smell & taste based repellent so no risk of health issues for ourselves nor a chance of dead rats laying around. (Note - the odour is not really sensible for our senses & nothing enters cabin either.)
Quote:
Satisfied with the way Sai Service has maintained my Petrol 1.4 CIAZ.
The car runs smooth, no issues.
Off late I have started seeing the labour charges are becoming 1:1, 2:1 or even more than consumables in a lot of cases with MSIL/Sai. Practices are annoying. Trying to sneak in Glade air freshener for 100 Rs in my last visit at Sai Pune earned them a horrible feedback from me. I'm thinking of switching from Sai to Chowgule or someone similar in Pune.
Old 9th December 2019, 13:01   #2460
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2017 CIAZ AT. The car has had a regular problem with broken Air Vents. Maruti-Suzuki has readily replaced the broken parts again and again under warranty. Now, the 2-year warranty is up and Kataria Maruti called up to say that this will be the last time they replace the ac vent on FOC basis as warranty has expired.

The breakage has more to do with bad quality than anything else.The same has also been acknowledged by the dealer. What are other Ciaz owners doing about it?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 9th December 2019 at 13:02. Reason: edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks