Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 11:54   #571
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
What are the major maintenance issues in your car?
Got my suspension system overhauled recently from Dingra.

Rattle and hum still continues. Do recommend a service center in Gurgaon. Or if you know anyone personally (it always seem to work in TATA's).

Tried almost all but...

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2015 at 13:21. Reason: quote fixed
Old 7th December 2015, 11:58   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Concorde, however they said that official test drives will take some time to start. This vehicle arrived in their stock yard on Thursday and apparently is back to the stockyard till official announcement.
Maybe I missed but when is the official announcement? When I enquired with the SA during the test drive he confirmed it is available for booking. I am inclined to go with Concord's word as they're Tata owned but haven't checked with their dealership here in Hyd; Venkatramana, who offerred the test drive, is much closer to my home.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:09   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sourabh - go on the open road and then see. You will enjoy looking in your rear view mirrors to see "just overtaken" cars as mere blips and then disappearing very fast from those screens as well. Find out!

and .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Will definitely do that in may car sir(after running in period, that is). Just waiting for it to be delivered now.

[quote=Country Road;3864145]
Quote:
What are the major maintenance issues in your car?

Got my suspension system overhauled recently from Dingra.

Rattle and hum still continues. Do recommend a service center in Gurgaon. Or if you know anyone personally (it always seem to work in TATA's).

Tried almost all but...
I have no idea as I will be new to TATA. One of my friend with Storme said that Dhingras are taking good care of his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Maybe I missed but when is the official announcement? When I enquired with the SA during the test drive he confirmed it is available for booking. I am inclined to go with Concord's word as they're Tata owned but haven't checked with their dealership here in Hyd; Venkatramana, who offerred the test drive, is much closer to my home.
No clue on that front. Though, I have already booked the car with Concorde. They have promised the delivery in January. As per the SA, the availability in Delhi will be at least a week after Mumbai/Pune. I have decided to be patient and just wait for the car.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 12:28   #574
ISO
BANNED

Friends any news of varicor-400 test drive availability in Pune concord?

When I left for Bahrain in August, even updated Safari was not available for test drive
Old 7th December 2015, 14:29   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
1. What is stopping TATA from installing a Display console with navigation on this beast if it is already available on zest/Bolt?

2. Does a powerful engine coupled with better quality than XUV500 make sense over the price to features ratio that Mahindra offers? I know Xuv500 and Storme are two difference platforms but most people will compare these two.

I love the New Storme and its quality. A powerful engine just made it more awesome but the features on this car are still 5 years old to justify a purchase.
Answering 1 - Look behind the dash of any Safari or Storme to know the answer why they don't mess with the AC vent locations and add a larger infotainment console

Answering 2 - I used to drive a gorgeous touch screen embellished car for nearly 5 years before they were the norm, but I remember the car for its responsive engine and amazing handling.

It may be just me, but 4 - 5 years from now a itsy bitsy touchscreen is not going to make you happy when they have far more evolved infotainment systems. But I bet the Storme's power, ride, poise and 'rickshaw sweeping' ability will plaster a broad grin on your face for as long as you choose to keep it.

The look on the faces of drivers of cars worth thrice the price when she wades with a bow wave like USS Theodore Roosevelt through 3 feet of monsoon water in Mumbai is alone worth the money!

By all means fit a rocking after market stereo and the best navi you can find to satisfy the tech cravings. But remember, 1) true joy comes from the oily, greasy bits in a car 2) a 911 by all means for the Autobahn but for India nothing beats a Safari!

Come January, I am already saving my shekels to replace Harleen my 4 year old white Dicor with a white Storme 400. . . sheesh even a Magnum is only .357!
Ferruccio is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 15:53   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
even a Magnum is only .357!

Nicely put:-)

Of course, you don't want Dirty Harry reading this ; after all , he packs a Magnum .44
Old 7th December 2015, 19:59   #577
Senior - BHPian

Nicely put gentlemen. While you guys were thoughtfully penning down wonderful lines for the 400, I just booked one for myself. A shining Pearl White 400 4X4!

Hopefully should be delivered in the next 10 to 15 days. Since we keep cars for a long time and are replacing our 3.0L 4X4, we didn't wait for 2016.

Hoping the initial niggles are not too many as earlier.

Looks like I will be experiencing BD sir's magic after all. And hopefully will get some tips to have an even better experience with this baby of his.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 7th December 2015 at 20:02.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 20:11   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Hopefully should be delivered in the next 10 to 15 days. Since we keep cars for a long time and are replacing our 3.0L 4X4, we didn't wait for 2016.
Congrats! You are lucky, my dealer is not committing anything before January.
P.s. I thought you would never look at tata again after I saw your rant a few days ago.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 7th December 2015 at 20:17.
Old 7th December 2015, 21:24   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.s. I thought you would never look at tata again after I saw your rant a few days ago.
Oh yes. I never though so too. But the love that my parents have for this vehicle and the negative points that other vehicles like fortuner and pajero sport have has moved us in this direction.

I do love the next gen Everest but no clear launch dates plus an apprehension for ford after sales.

Also we had a good discussion with a senior manager from the dealer who duly apologized for the behavior of the staff.

We are hopeful that the behavior will now be better and we will face no more problems. We have been assured by the dealer principle that they will ensure proper service.

Oh and the 400Nm. Hehe.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:51   #580
BHPian

Finally Bookings open up in Bangalore from yesterday. I have been following up at Concorde and get to know about this today that couple of vehicles are in transit and reaching this thursday.
Will be available for registration within from next week onwards.

This is an FYI for people in Bangalore looking to buy one.
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:01   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Finally Bookings open up in Bangalore from yesterday. I have been following up at Concorde and get to know about this today that couple of vehicles are in transit and reaching this thursday.
Will be available for registration within from next week onwards.

This is an FYI for people in Bangalore looking to buy one.
Went to Concorde yesterday to put a deposit on a 4 x 2, but they couldn't even find any pricing for it and said one of theirs went up to Kashmir or somewhere north for a photo shoot!

Then took (another) test drive in the 5 speed Varicor 4 x 4, but found the engine sound to be more like the Fortuner's - sounds like a sewing machine engine...

My Dicor sounds awesome compared to these engines!
Old 8th December 2015, 11:03   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sourabh - go on the open road and then see. You will enjoy looking in your rear view mirrors to see "just overtaken" cars as mere blips and then disappearing very fast from those screens as well. Find out!

and .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear BD sir, those who have bought the VX version a few months ago, would they get an opportunity to get their engines remapped as per the new version, even if it comes at a cost? It would be a pity otherwise.

Regards,
Old 8th December 2015, 11:14   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
It may be just me, but 4 - 5 years from now a itsy bitsy touchscreen is not going to make you happy when they have far more evolved infotainment systems. But I bet the Storme's power, ride, poise and 'rickshaw sweeping' ability will plaster a broad grin on your face for as long as you choose to keep it.

The look on the faces of drivers of cars worth thrice the price when she wades with a bow wave like USS Theodore Roosevelt through 3 feet of monsoon water in Mumbai is alone worth the money!

By all means fit a rocking after market stereo and the best navi you can find to satisfy the tech cravings. But remember, 1) true joy comes from the oily, greasy bits in a car 2) a 911 by all means for the Autobahn but for India nothing beats a Safari!

Come January, I am already saving my shekels to replace Harleen my 4 year old white Dicor with a white Storme 400. . . sheesh even a Magnum is only .357!
@Ferruccio: Very nicely put Sir! . I'd the exact same thing in mind when I looked at everything from a XUV, Duster, Creta etc and pitted against the Storme. No offence to owners of these cars; this is just my perception based on my needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Nicely put gentlemen. While you guys were thoughtfully penning down wonderful lines for the 400, I just booked one for myself. A shining Pearl White 400 4X4!

Hoping the initial niggles are not too many as earlier.

Looks like I will be experiencing BD sir's magic after all. And hopefully will get some tips to have an even better experience with this baby of his.
Congratulations and wish you many million happy miles with the beast!! Eagerly looking forward to reviews from experienced owners like you; it'll be immense help for newbies like me who'll be first time SUV owner/buyer. I am already sold on it but about 3 months away from putting my money down.
Old 8th December 2015, 11:17   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sourabhzen, I believe you had booked the 320 originally, right? Would you mind sharing how much extra you had to pay for the 400?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th December 2015, 11:20   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
sourabhzen, I believe you had booked the 320 originally, right? Would you mind sharing how much extra you had to pay for the 400?

Cheers,
Vikram
They do not have the details of 400 yet. I think the total hit will be in tune of 80-100 k as 320 had quite a few discounts and offers.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks