Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 11:13   #1126
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Guys,
Need an urgent help. I just took delivery of my new Jazz yesterday. The car was fine when we took delivery. We drive for almost 1.5 hrs to reach home. When I reached home, I found the high beam and fog lamps misted at the bottom portion. This is really strange. When I took the vehicle the headlamps and fogs were crystal clear. I have seen some vehicles mist up after wash and they go way after you use light. But in my case its misting after I use lights. See the pics.

Should this worry me?
Dear madbullram,

I have a Jazz (without this problem - touchwood!) and I have owned and sold a City. In the City I had faced a similar problem. The service center had done some work on the seals and it had become okay. I suggest you get it fixed - whether it is critical/major/minor!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 11:51   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Need an urgent help. I just took delivery of my new Jazz yesterday. The car was fine when we took delivery. We drive for almost 1.5 hrs to reach home. When I reached home, I found the high beam and fog lamps misted at the bottom portion. This is really strange. When I took the vehicle the headlamps and fogs were crystal clear. I have seen some vehicles mist up after wash and they go way after you use light. But in my case its misting after I use lights. See the pics.

Should this worry me?
Sorry to ask you this (don't want to sow doubts in your mind), but did you insist on not getting a flood affected vehicle before delivery. What if your car was stored in a yard where water could have reached.

Or, it may be simple reason of some over-enthusiastic washing done before delivery by the dealership washing people which is causing this. I would suggest you to get this sorted out immediately, else the headlight reflectors will lose their shine and lustre.

Take care.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 12:35   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear madbullram,

I have a Jazz (without this problem - touchwood!) and I have owned and sold a City. In the City I had faced a similar problem. The service center had done some work on the seals and it had become okay. I suggest you get it fixed - whether it is critical/major/minor!

Girish Mahajan
The service manager says it must be due to washing and asked me to check tonight and if it still there they will pick the car to check. But my concern why is it misting when lights are used? Usuallly mist disappear when you use lights for sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Sorry to ask you this (don't want to sow doubts in your mind), but did you insist on not getting a flood affected vehicle before delivery. What if your car was stored in a yard where water could have reached.

Or, it may be simple reason of some over-enthusiastic washing done before delivery by the dealership washing people which is causing this. I would suggest you to get this sorted out immediately, else the headlight reflectors will lose their shine and lustre.

Take care.
I enquired around and their yard was not affected by water as in just 1 feet of water, also did a PDI where we checked under dashboard, below engine, carpets etc. Also, even in the PDI the car had a a new car smell no other smells or molds etc. So I dont think thats the issue. My CBR was submerged with water, now it has mist in the headlight when off but when I ride with headlights it disappears but here its reverse, normal time the misting is not there switch on headlights its there.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 13:36   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
The service manager says it must be due to washing and asked me to check tonight and if it still there they will pick the car to check. But my concern why is it misting when lights are used? Usuallly mist disappear when you use lights for sometime.

My CBR was submerged with water, now it has mist in the headlight when off but when I ride with headlights it disappears but here its reverse, normal time the misting is not there switch on headlights its there.
Dear madbullram,

Your observations are good. I had this problem long back with my City. I am not sure whether it was case 1 or case 2 as listed by you. But, using gut feeling, I think it is not just a case of water coming in or not. It could even be a case of condensation due to temperature difference. To give a simple comparison, think of the misting inside the car - on the windows. Roughly, 1 mol of water is 18 gm, when expanded to steam it is 22.4 liters at STP conditions. This becomes 30.5 liters at 100 degrees C. So, by thumb rule calculations, 18 gm water can become 30+ lt of steam. In a closed chamber this can work like a pressure cooker or bomb! In the case of the headlight assembly, I am assuming there is a relief.

So, I am guessing, the bulb causes some heat gradient in the headlight assembly. This may be causing some 'stored' water in some other area to 'steam up' and reach the glass, which is cool - causing condensation!

Wow! I did not think I could actually write all that! Felt like I had gone back to school!

Jokes apart, once a SA had told me that when the misting takes place is not important, this should never happen! AND it can happen even if water enters the assembly just once! So, the seal has to be so good that water never enters! It might be an expensive job - replacing and/or re-sealing! Better get it done in warranty ASAP.

Girish Mahajan
Old 25th December 2015, 16:18   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
How many phones can we pair via bluetooth with the HU. Suppose I have my phone connected via bluetooth and synced for contacts, is it possible to connect another passengers phone only for music streaming and not sync passengers contacts?
Hi Praveen,

Unfortunately, you can only connect one device at a time by the looks of it. It doesn't have a preferred device policy, just whichever device connects first will be synced for contacts as well as music.

Call answering and dropping is easy. However, if you have to browse through the contacts list or call logs, you will have to use the HU. The steering controls can't be used to navigate for this. Glad I chose the V which has dials and knobs for quick navigation, and makes me feel that the VX touchscreen might not be the best for this? (VX users please enlighten)
hershlulla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 18:51   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hi Praveen,

Unfortunately, you can only connect one device at a time by the looks of it. It doesn't have a preferred device policy, just whichever device connects first will be synced for contacts as well as music.

Call answering and dropping is easy. However, if you have to browse through the contacts list or call logs, you will have to use the HU. The steering controls can't be used to navigate for this. Glad I chose the V which has dials and knobs for quick navigation, and makes me feel that the VX touchscreen might not be the best for this? (VX users please enlighten)
There's an interesting anecdote from yesterday. Was travelling in my friend's City(current gen, V variant) and we decided to stream music from my phone instead of the pen drive. Both our phones are stored in the HU's memory. So, the moment i turned the bluetooth of my iPhone on, the "successfully connected" message displayed on the HU and we were able to stream music for a while till my friend received a call on his One Plus One.

What happened next astounded me! The music stopped and his call showed up on the HU ( with a '2' displayed next to the phone icon) that he answered via the steering mounted controls. I dont really remember if the music from my phone resumed or I had to play it again after he hung up but, I found the above setup quite cool!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 25th December 2015 at 18:52.
MetalBuff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 19:15   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Thats great to know!! I have a couple more questions. How many phones can we pair via bluetooth with the HU. Suppose I have my phone connected via bluetooth and synced for contacts, is it possible to connect another passengers phone only for music streaming and not sync passengers contacts? I havent used a car bluetooth system so far, hence the query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hi Praveen,

We bought a Jazz V yesterday, While driving back my Xperia and my wife's Nokia both were connected. Mine was playing music and Nokia was connected as phone. Whenever she got a call, the music paused and call went through. After call the song from my Xperia resumes. So I am sure it can connect more than one device.

Last edited by madbullram : 25th December 2015 at 19:17.
madbullram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 19:18   #1133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This has nothing to do with flood damage. It's a common phenomenon if the weather is humid and the headlight is not of good quality.

Quote:
Don't worry about this. It happens when the weather is humid. when the lights are on it's cool on the outside but gets hot inside resulting in condensation.

In new cars it happens cause the seal will be new.

Ideally this should reduce or even disappear after a few weeks. Check back and see if it still happens.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 20:58   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This has nothing to do with flood damage. It's a common phenomenon if the weather is humid and the headlight is not of good quality.

Don't worry about this. It happens when the weather is humid. when the lights are on it's cool on the outside but gets hot inside resulting in condensation.

In new cars it happens cause the seal will be new.

Ideally this should reduce or even disappear after a few weeks. Check back and see if it still happens.
Thanks for the assurance. Spoke to Olympia, they are saying they have never encountered this, as in mist appearing when using lights. They are going to take the car back and inspect and then will tell me further course. Again, need to depend on auto/taxi :( The whole point of paying cash and taking a vehicle urgently is now lost.
Old 25th December 2015, 21:32   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the assurance. Spoke to Olympia, they are saying they have never encountered this, as in mist appearing when using lights. They are going to take the car back and inspect and then will tell me further course. Again, need to depend on auto/taxi :( The whole point of paying cash and taking a vehicle urgently is now lost.
Sorry to hear it, ask for a replacement car or at least compensation for the travel during the inspection time.
Old 25th December 2015, 22:20   #1136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's really not a big deal. It has happened in my Figo as well as Ecosport when it was new. After a few days it was back to normal.

You can observe for a few days and worse case ask for new headlight set. That's like a 30mins remove and fit new ones.

Quote:
Sorry to hear it, ask for a replacement car or at least compensation for the travel during the inspection time.
A replacement car for misting headlights? This is not water entering lights, it's condensation due to humidity. The inside of the headlight is not 100% air tight. Till the moisture dries out inside there will be misting after which it will be back to normal.

For such a small thing nobody will get a new car.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th December 2015 at 22:23.
Old 25th December 2015, 22:43   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

A replacement car for misting headlights? This is not water entering lights, it's condensation due to humidity. The inside of the headlight is not 100% air tight. Till the moisture dries out inside there will be misting after which it will be back to normal.

For such a small thing nobody will get a new car.
Sorry for not being specific, i meant a run about car till they look into his issue. He got a new Jazz to replace his flood affected Civic, and now he is back to square one.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 23:06   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
My family felt need of "Rear seat head rests" on long tour we had. I am sorry for this novice query. Is it possible to somehow get head rests for my V Model?
I've witnessed such installation being carried out in an alto. Though the installation appeared decent, the head rests were permanently fixed which wouldn't serve it's function of providing comfort as well as protection.

Check with car accessories shops in your city, they may come up with some ideas.
Old 27th December 2015, 14:47   #1139
BHPian

Hello to all. I just returned from my Mumbai-Bhandardhara-Mumbai trip. Had taken the Jazz along for this trip as this was the perfect opportunity to stretch its legs. Had been doing only home-office-home trips since 1st of August with the JVLR being the only 'open' stretch of road in my daily trips. This is a two part post wherein the first part would contain some details and photos (the latter mainly) of my experience with the on-board navigation provided by MapmyIndia. The second part will contain some snaps of the car taken on the way and back. Here goes...

This is the list of options visible you see when you click on the Menu button.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_093239.jpg

Select POI/Building name and start typing the name of the place of interest. The software may try and complete the name (in our case it was Anandvan Resort).
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_093303.jpg

After typing the name, click Find and the details are shown. In case there are multiple places having similar names there are more options visible. In our case there was just one Anadvan Resort at Bhandardhara.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_093324.jpg

After selecting the desired location this is the list of options visible.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_093334.jpg

Click on 'Navigate To' and this is the screen that is shown next
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_093349.jpg

The navigation software also gives us a option to select from a list of PoIs (Point of Interests)
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_173917.jpg

This is the initial part of the list. Forgot to take a picture of the entire list.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_173925.jpg

Click on a desired option....
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_173939.jpg

...And further options are shown...
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_173944.jpg

...Select one from above....
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_173950.jpg

...And you get the final list of various PoIs. Select one from the above and you will see an option list similar to the 4th picture.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_174003.jpg

The software settings also has an option to change the colour scheme of the map according to the time of the day. When there is no daylight the map is represented in hues of blue-green. This might probably be easy on our eyes as compared. Forgot to take a snapshot of this. I apologize for that.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151224_200024.jpg

My take on the navigation software:

1) I did not have to ask anybody for references even once during the entire trip. That says a lot about the accuracy of this software.
2) You will have to first reach a main road inorder for the directions to make sense. While starting from home I had to first reach the Sher-e-Punjab Gurudwara for the directions to make sense. This Gurudwara is about 200-300 meters from my house. Same was the case while returning back from Anandvan Resort. The closer your starting point is to a main road/popular landmark the better off you are.
3) While traveling on the highways the software kept on prompting whenever a small bypass was to come ahead. Something like "In 100 meters bear right/left."
4) I nearly messed up big time some 15 kms before Bhandardara. There was this small diversion on the left hand side of the road. I did not receive any voice prompt and I failed to notice the path shown on the display. I turned left. After some 5 minutes I realized that the DTG had suddenly gone from 15 kms to 25 kms. What we didn't realize that we had taken a wrong turn and where going towards some village. The software, instead of prompting us to turn back calculated a new route back to the fork in the road. It's only when we reached a block in the road due to a fallen tree I realized that we had taken a wrong turn. We promptly turned back and were back to the fork in around 15-20 mins. However this incident is entirely my fault.

Overall this navigation software is a very handy thing to have. There was no 3G coverage in interior Maharashtra including Bhandardhara. One other option is to have some smartphone app that allows for off-line navigation. Contrary to perception I also found the software easy to use. The touchscreen is not as responsive as a smartphone, but then this is a resistive display. To sum up things, I am perfectly satisfied with this MapmyIndia navigation software.
Flanker99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 16:04   #1140
BHPian

Hello once again. Now for the final part of my two part post. To be very honest the following pictures hardly do justice to the natural beauty I saw over the last 3 days. Here goes...

This picture is quite unclear. But this is the Jazz's MID when we started. It was 6.44am on the 25th of December. The outside temperature was around 21C. The ODO read 1,608.7 km. Yes, this is what I have covered since 1st August, 2015. Also, please discount the 45kms that were already there on the ODO at the time of delivery. I recall seeing a Polo near the MTDC resort at Bhandardhara. The bumper sticker read 'Born to Drive Forced to Work'. Same is the case with a lot of us
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_064446.jpg

On the way to Bhandardhara. That's my dad. We split the driving duty 50:50 to and fro.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_102336.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_102504.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_102527.jpg

I agree the car is on the wrong side of the road. But the road was empty and all precautions were taken
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_110247.jpg

Introducing....Angry Birds...
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151225_110319.jpg

Close up of Angry Birds. The one on the right has some attitude. Or you could say the one on the left is a hen-pecked husband to the core
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0696.jpg

On the 26th of December we set out for some sight seeing. This is what the resort manager handed us. Rest of the pictures will have references of this map.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0760.jpg

This picture and the next few ones are taken near the point marked 'Mt Kalsubai Highest Peak in Maharashtra'. These are my parents.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0642.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0648.jpg

Dad on the left and yours truly on the right.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0651.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0652.jpg

This picture was taken near the Deep Valley Point shown on the map. Calling the road leading to this point atrocious would be an understatement. However the view in this picture more than made up for it.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0659.jpg

Men..machine..mountains
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0664.jpg

The abysmal condition of roads around Wilson Dam
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0683.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0689.jpg

Seeing these roads made me realize why the hotel manager had this for a ride...
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151226_085920.jpg

The Jazz, all covered in dust
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0690.jpg

The Jazz and the Wilson dam
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0687.jpg

The end. MID reading on reaching home. 384.1 kms covered. Best FE figure reached: 13.3 kmpl (had dropped 0.1 kmpl while parking the car) (Mods kindly correct the orientation of this picture)
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151227_122457.jpg

My take on the Jazz:

1) To be very honest after my dad's 11 year Wagon R the Jazz is the only car I have driven. I did learn to drive on my dad's Omni though. The Jazz was the only car I ever wanted to buy (actually it was the Fit, but then that's another story best not talked about). Did consider the Swift and Elite but did not give them a serious thought. After this road-trip am I satisfied with the Jazz? Yes. No second thoughts.
2) Is the Jazz under-powered? It did seem to struggle up the ghats around Kasara. But then I have never driven on ghats. Maybe better down-shifts will help matter.
3) One word for the handling: Sweet. The Wagon R used to feel as if it was flying when it used to hit 70 kmph on the JVLR. The Jazz felt 'planted' even at 80 kmph. My dad hit 100 kmph a couple of times and it still felt 'planted'. Driving down the ghats while returning today was a hoot.
4) The Magic Seats are definitely worth the money. Ok, the Jazz is over-priced I admit. But, have a look at this picture (request Mods to correct this incase its upside down).
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20151227_104914.jpg
The other option for this trip was the Etios. But then why drag a boot when you don't need it. The Jazz was perfect for this trip. Sufficient boot space for two strolley bags. And enough space in the rear (after folding the right hand side Magic Seat) for a bird cage, an adult, and a bag.

To sum up things, I am happy with with my choice of car. Yes, its overpriced and quality has taken a hit (rattles already present) as compared to previous generations but then is there an alternative that's as practical as the current Jazz? Showing boot space on paper is one thing (Baleno) but making it practical enough to use is another. What's the point of having fancy features with premium quality when the rear bench feel claustrophobic (Elite i20)?

I have a lot of respect for Jazz's competition. They all have their positive points. But for everyday practicality the Jazz is surely the hatch to beat.

Thanks for your time and patience people. And this is my favorite picture of this trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0662.jpg  

Last edited by Flanker99 : 27th December 2015 at 16:12.
Flanker99 is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks