Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 13:02   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Maruti has sold 4500 S-cross in the first month, not a bad start considering it has been sold through Nexa dealerships which are very limited compared to normal Maruti dealerships I guess Maruti will be happy if they can sell 3-4 K units of s-cross per month. I guess Nexa dealerships will get big booster when they will launch Baleno, their premier hatch. I am sure it will sell better than s-cross.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48754624.cms

Last edited by aniketi : 1st September 2015 at 13:04.
Old 1st September 2015, 13:17   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Sandy, while you're busy with your audio upgrade, I had some questions regarding the maps (see my older quoted post). I guess you have the 1.3 Alpha, so you will most likely have the answers
These are some custom maps, not map my india. I dont know whether any upgrade will be available. The maps are poor in detail, shows roads well. Googlemaps any day is better. Soon android HUs are going to come and relplace these Navigation units. Android HU probably will have its debut in the OEM system of Cruze next year.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:24   #1518
BHPian

Seriously! Are you like able to snoop into my shortlist ... just kidding Vigkey

My favorite is no. 4, above. Looks absolutely stunning!

A couple of additional ones from my shortlist,

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...4/40/h_412.htm

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...erstar_evo.htm

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...0/40/h_730.htm

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/full...size=16&gid=38

BTW, does anyone have a clue what the PCD value for S-Cross should be?
Old 1st September 2015, 13:41   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
As per the service adviser these are suzuki maps in collaboration with some vendor. It can only be updated by the service guys, but the frequency of these updates are unknown. In the nexa website, there is a login for owners. As per him you may be able to take care of updates in future, but it's not in service as of now. The map will only work on the data card supplied and not a copy. The cost is nearly 4000 Rs.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150901_121827picsay.jpg

Check the above SD card, it is the Nokia HERE maps, this is awesome because the Nokia maps is one of the best map systems covering India

One observation though, while returning home I switched on navigation to test it out, after following the route for some distance I intentionally moved out to an alternate route, but the navigation did not re-route, it kept suggesting that I take a u turn for about a kilometre before finally re-routing...
Satishtv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:54   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Attachment 1409478

Check the above SD card, it is the Nokia HERE maps, this is awesome because the Nokia maps is one of the best map systems covering India

One observation though, while returning home I switched on navigation to test it out, after following the route for some distance I intentionally moved out to an alternate route, but the navigation did not re-route, it kept suggesting that I take a u turn for about a kilometre before finally re-routing...
How did I miss "HERE"But it says 2014, hope it's updated in 2015.
The route suggestion is not upto the mark as it always takes the shortest route and you can't get a clear idea even if you look at the route list. It keeps on calculating the shortest route until it finds the next shortest path. Ideally it should give us an option to choose the path at the beginning. One way to avoid it choose the route from the route options before start the navigation. The map update part is still a mystery.
Old 1st September 2015, 14:00   #1521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
BTW, does anyone have a clue what the PCD value for S-Cross should be?
5 x 114.3 PCD is for S Cross.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 15:28   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross DDiS200 Zeta variant draws maximum bookings. Those booked for Zeta will need to wait a bit longer as Maruti's allotment to dealers of this variant seems to have scaled down.
Old 1st September 2015, 16:26   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Hankook 225-55-r16 (overkill, but I loved the look)
One question regarding the tyres - Any reason you chose the Hankooks over the more popular Bridgestones, the Michelins or the Yokos?

Also, while I notice a lot of recommendations for the Michelin Primacy 3Ts, I do not see any mention of the Bridgestone Turanzas (ER60, for e.g.). Asking this because my experience with the Turanzas has been remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
No crossover. You will have to use the 'premium crossover' instead.

BTW, going by the fact that my Onkyo TX SR-608 is down to playing a stereo amp since 5 years of its coming, I think the paper cones will keep me happy for the time being.
Old 1st September 2015, 16:26   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Thanks for sharing ! Good to see that you did not fall into the trap of high speed on road competition with other vehicles and maintained your sanity and speed on the road.
If only, everyone follows like you, we will all have happy journeys and not formula one racing on highway roads.
Define sane speed. If you didn't notice, he did 120, which is at 150% of the speed limit. I have got ticket on ECR for crossing 40 on a Sunday noon and ticket was given as "racing without permission" and I requested him not to add the dangerous driving.

Speed is just one small parameter of dangerous driving. I see people at even 10 kmph driving dangerously at intersections.
Old 1st September 2015, 16:56   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Define sane speed. If you didn't notice, he did 120, which is at 150% of the speed limit. I have got ticket on ECR for crossing 40 on a Sunday noon and ticket was given as "racing without permission" and I requested him not to add the dangerous driving.

Speed is just one small parameter of dangerous driving. I see people at even 10 kmph driving dangerously at intersections.
I will just try to clear the air.
First of all these facts were stated to showcase the capabilities of the machine.
Neither I do 100+ speeds frequently nor I support them. I like to drive in control and that doesn't mean I will do 40kmph on a highway.

Secondly there is no speed limit on most of the indian highways unless the NH goes through a city. You can only find the 80kmph limit once you approach the city. Having said that I wouldn't encourage anybody to reach higher speed just for the sake of adrenaline rush.

There is a fine line between fast and rash driving and I drive safe.
Rest everything is upto the consciousness and understanding of the individual behind the wheel.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:05   #1526
BHPian

If you didn't know, the speed limit on all Indian NH is 80 unless it is specifically mentioned to be lesser or more. It was only recently that some of them have 100 as the speed limit. [Edit:] I was wrong on the speed limit of NH prior to August 2014. It seems that states and local authorities used to set the limit and usually was 65 kmph. Now it is officially 100 kmph.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/40655191.cms
http://www.firstpost.com/business/ec...h-1985361.html
[/Edit]

I totally agree when you say that fast is not necessarily rash and dangerous driving. Of course, speed brings in a certain amount of danger. But various other parameters play out.

Last edited by opendro : 1st September 2015 at 17:15. Reason: Clarified on the NH speed limit
opendro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:35   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If you didn't know, the speed limit on all Indian NH is 80 unless it is specifically mentioned to be lesser or more. It was only recently that some of them have 100 as the speed limit. [Edit:] I was wrong on the speed limit of NH prior to August 2014. It seems that states and local authorities used to set the limit and usually was 65 kmph. Now it is officially 100 kmph.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/40655191.cms
http://www.firstpost.com/business/ec...h-1985361.html
[/Edit]

I totally agree when you say that fast is not necessarily rash and dangerous driving. Of course, speed brings in a certain amount of danger. But various other parameters play out.
Now that makes my cruising speed legal as per law. But, there is no central governing body which enforces the law as it depends on the state authorities.

Not trying to start an argument, but the below links might help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_India
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_by_country

I think we should stop this topic at this point as it's not contributing to the subject of the thread. Peace
Old 1st September 2015, 17:42   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
My story is little different.

I own 3 cars :
1. Verna Crdi (2006 model)
2. Swift VDI (2009 model)
3. Polo Tdi (2011 model)

I still enjoy driving swift even compared to i20 elite which my sister purchased recently. The stability & ride quality in swift is excellent & I found a similar yet enhanced experience in S cross.

If you enjoyed the ride and handling of swift then you will love the way S Cross handles. I have twice test driven the vehicle on bad roads and have been using my S Cross for a week now and I can tell you the ride and handling is comparable to the Europeans.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:31   #1529
BHPian

So Maruti reduces prices of CIaz and upgraded the technology....why don't we have same management in scross team and give us more sensible prices for 1.6
Old 1st September 2015, 19:53   #1530
BHPian

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
One question regarding the tyres - Any reason you chose the Hankooks over the more popular Bridgestones, the Michelins or the Yokos?
One of my colleagues who has been using Hankooks on his beemer and duster recommended it. Moreover 225 is 3.5 k cheaper than the corresponding Michelin primacy. 205 Hankook is 7.5-8k while giving similar comfort (may be a bit louder on the road than the 3T). Decided to give it a try. .
Saved some money for the Morels.

Last edited by sandygordon : 1st September 2015 at 20:01.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks