Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:39   #1966
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150927_130958picsay1.jpg

The S Cross parked near my cousin's farm near Chamrajanagar. The road to the farm was under construction as you can see from the above picture. Kudos to the ride and handling of this car, it took such bad roads with a lot of character

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150927_155125picsay1.jpg

The above picture is again from near my cousin's farm. Please checkout the below video on how I got there.

The section where this video was shot is not a bad patch in the road but a sub canal for the water to flow to the farms from the kabini river. My heart was in my mouth when my cousin was maneuvering the car in this terrain

The below picture is from the service station the next day. Had to get the floor mats & the illuminated sill guard and also get the vehicle washed post the trip. Found an S Cross being serviced. Thought of taking this picture of the under body

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150928_120851picsay1.jpg

My cousin was blown away by the car's performance. (Talking about the 1.3 Zeta here) but unfortunately for his farm use this soft roader will not do. He has his mind set on the TUV 300.
Satishtv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:46   #1967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
My cousin was blown away by the car's performance. (Talking about the 1.3 Zeta here) but unfortunately for his farm use this soft roader will not do. He has his mind set on the TUV 300.
Satish, This is offtopic but the TUV is not what your cousin needs. The video you posted was in dry weather what happens when it's raining.

This type of surfaces just spell one name. Duster AWD.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:53   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
The below picture is from the service station the next day.
Satish, get those tiny stones embedded in the tyres' tread. Helps in improving longevity of the tyres.
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:11   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Satish, This is offtopic but the TUV is not what your cousin needs. The video you posted was in dry weather what happens when it's raining.

This type of surfaces just spell one name. Duster AWD.
Agreed Vid, I too have recommended the same. Unfortunately, the AWD version may be out of budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Satish, get those tiny stones embedded in the tyres' tread. Helps in improving longevity of the tyres.
That picture is not from my car, while waiting in the customers lounge I clicked this picture. I have observed in multiple cars that the stock JK tyres always have the stones embedded in them.
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:38   #1970
t0m
BHPian

Finally, gotten new alloys installed. Had been wanting to get this done for a week but lack of good options and office kept me off.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151002_10.46.04.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151002_102241.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151002_102313.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151002_10.40.26.jpg

Last edited by t0m : 2nd October 2015 at 10:51.
t0m is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:22   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Finally, gotten new alloys installed.
That is a spanking set of Alloys you got there t0m. Changes the character of the car entirely. Are they OEM alloys as I can see the Suzuki logo?

Wishing you miles of smiles in your new car.
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:37   #1972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally, gotten new alloys installed. Had been wanting to get this done for a week but lack of good options and office kept me off.
The alloys have changed the character of the car! Looks really nice! Man, MS should really change this lousy wheelcap'ish design during their next iteration - looks really bad and I suppose this is the first thing in the car most enthusiasts would be looking to change after taking the delivery.

Btw, in this snap of the rear wheel, why do the rotors appear as if they are cross slotted?
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:55   #1973
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The alloys have changed the character of the car! Looks really nice! Man, MS should really change this lousy wheelcap'ish design during their next iteration - looks really bad and I suppose this is the first thing in the car most enthusiasts would be looking to change after taking the delivery.

Btw, in this snap of the rear wheel, why do the rotors appear as if they are cross slotted?
Thanks a lot Gannu. Indeed, Suzuki should seriously think about the alloys. Its a completely new look with a good matching set of alloys.

Cross slotted, can you elaborate please? At sea here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
That is a spanking set of Alloys you got there t0m. Changes the character of the car entirely. Are they OEM alloys as I can see the Suzuki logo?

Wishing you miles of smiles in your new car.
Thanks Uday. Loving the car and the alloys completely.

The alloys are HR. Got logo strips made. Good old Karol Bagh. Wanted an OEM look. I know giving credit to Suzuki where it's completely undue, but i like the look.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd October 2015 at 12:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:00   #1974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cross slotted, can you elaborate please? At sea here .
From your rear wheel snap zoomed in:

Name:  RWbrakes.PNG
Views: 3937
Size:  1.04 MB

This is a cross slotted rotor:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-slotted.jpg

I hope those pads aren't causing those patterns on the rotor?
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:08   #1975
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
From your rear wheel snap zoomed in:

Attachment 1421834

This is a cross slotted rotor:

Attachment 1421835

I hope those pads aren't causing those patterns on the rotor?
I just checked and these are patterns more prominent on both the rear wheels. Is this a cause of concern? Should i get this checked at the service center. I am anyways going for my first service tomorrow.

Could the new alloys have any role in this? The previous alloys were sort of wheel caps and nothing was visible. Cant say much.

Last edited by t0m : 2nd October 2015 at 12:10.
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:13   #1976
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just checked and these are patterns more prominent on both the rear wheels. Is this a cause of concern? Should i get this checked at the service center. I am anyways going for my first service tomorrow.

Could the new alloys have any role in this?
Couldn't find that peculiar pattern on our official review pic of the rear wheel. Do wait for others to pitch in. There are others who have changed the stock alloys as well.

Get it inspected when you remove the wheels at the service center anyhow.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:13   #1977
BHPian

Just joined, though I was following this thread from day 1. By the way the joining process remind me the JEE days.

I have booked the S-Cross 1.3 Alpha (compromise?) under company car scheme, as the 1.6 (always wanted to have) was priced higher, I felt. The recent announcement on discount spoiled the entire planning and to make things worse, company car lease is not going to get any of these offers. I'm broken!

Most of the BHPians seem to be changing the alloys. Here's the doubt. The standard alloy size is 16 ich, 6J, ET50, after market 6 inches are non existing, so do 6.5J. The most available option is 7J size, ideally the ET has to be 38, if not higher than 40, where we may get the wheel too close to the inner arch. Inviting your opinion on this. Happy motoring, S-Cross'ing!

Moderator's note: Post edited. There were several grammatical errors on your post. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Will go a long way in ensuring the readability for other users. Thank you!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 08:53. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:31   #1978

With the launch of all new showrooms NEXA and the sales number of S-Cross in coming months will be a very important case study for all the companies. If a big brand name like MS can't pull the sales with less coverage then it's a learning for other companies having less number of showrooms. Thanks to competition, today's customer is spoilt by choices. We do look forward for proximity of showrooms and servicing options while buying a car.
raka1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:45   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

The S Cross 'corners' the 'Perfect SUV' at 3M!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151001_131013.jpg

3M Paint selant ~ 6.2K
Paint prtection Film ~ 12K (front and rear bumpers, door sills, door edges)
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:16   #1980
t0m
BHPian

The new alloys do make a difference. A chance shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151002_18.11.36.jpg  

Last edited by t0m : 2nd October 2015 at 18:19.
t0m is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks