Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 23:03   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Wouldn't this make 1.3 Zeta an excellent VFM vehicle with all the extra headroom/legroom and the better planted road behaviour!!
Yes, the 1.3 Zeta is great value for money. MSIL did well to keep it under 10 lakh and help customers save on road tax and also not to skimp on features.

It is the pricing for the 1.6 MJD across variants that blew a fuse. And rightly so.
Old 8th October 2015, 00:08   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Unfortunately, the NEXA experience has been rather ordinary for me ever since I paid the booking amount. I was much more happier with the way I was treated in the normal Maruti showrooms when I bought my previous cars.
Looks like I have to cancel my booking and look elsewhere even though I really liked the S-Cross for its solid build and handling .
Hey SDK, my experience with NEXA has not been anything great to write home about - that too with as many as four dealerships in Bangalore (read competition). However, a senior RM has been in touch with me continuously to address the concerns I raised. Have you tried speaking to someone senior?

I'd say that the dealership experience will only be relevant till the time you get the car in your hands. Thereafter, you can choose where to get your car serviced (I noticed that a non-NEXA Maruti dealer in Bangalore is authorised to service NEXA cars).

Of course, if you like a different car better, go ahead and buy that, but don't deny yourself a car you like, just because of an unintentional oversight from the dealer.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:00   #2043
BHPian

The speculated news of Honda BRV with 1.6 iDTEC (120ps, 300Nm), slated for April 2016 release is adding to the already hot competition in the pseudo SUV / Crossover market. Its high time for Maruti to look into the S-Cross 1.6 price. Another option they may workout is to introduce few more value adds in 1.6 like 6 plus airbags, ESP or even All Grip .
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 14:14   #2044
BHPian

Now even more strong contention from Ecosport for the S-Cross 1.3 with the release of its updated version.
With S-Cross, we had long list of range topping features now ford has matched it with its updated version of eco-sport.
Add the ESP + traction control to the list and retailing 25k less than S-Cross 1.3 Alpha proves this car will continue to play that feature + VFM + SUV(Compact) Card for the SUV feverish crowd of India.
Personally somehow i am not convinced about this compact SUV over S-Cross but this will surely put MSIL in tough position to sell the real cross over with competition from “cross” segments when the general/layman customer (majority 90%, leave 5-10% enthusiasts & others) thinks from “I am investing 10L what all I am getting from which car” Perspective.

MODS: Please remove picture, if you deem it as off topic. I posted it to provide comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ecosport.jpg  

TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 18:29   #2045
BHPian

Bangalore-Chennai mid way.

What's ARAI
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpeg  

sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 21:34   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Bangalore-Chennai mid way.

What's ARAI
At the end of journey more than satisfied. Travel duration 5 hours 30 minutes.

<Quoting self as continuation>
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpeg  

sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 12:33   #2047
BHPian

Hi sou, did you check the tank to tank mileage?
Old 10th October 2015, 13:10   #2048
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross Zeta owners - thinking of upgrading to HID/LED position head lights?

Nexa has listed them as available accessory ( info from RM). Will be available shortly.

Update here if you have the pricing or info.on this accessory!
Old 10th October 2015, 14:46   #2049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross Zeta owners - thinking of upgrading to HID/LED position head lights?

Nexa has listed them as available accessory ( info from RM). Will be available shortly.
You mean the lights from the Alpha as accessory? Projectors HID with the LED parking lights?

Make sure the cost is including ballast and wiring.
Old 10th October 2015, 18:18   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi sou, did you check the tank to tank mileage?
Yes it's pretty accurate.
Took 12.8 ltrs of diesel which translates to 27.62 kmpl. This includes around 50 km of city driving.

On return the FE was around 23.8 with a lot more traffic and load.
Old 10th October 2015, 19:25   #2051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You mean the lights from the Alpha as accessory? Projectors HID with the LED parking lights?
Thanks and yes the Alpha lights now available as accessory, seem pricing not yet out.

Another accessory, illuminated door sill guard @ ~3.2k

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151010_121608.jpg

after installation - includes new panels , wiring and installation
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151010_121245.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 08:22   #2052
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally I got a chance to take a test drive of SCross yesterday. I had gone to Pasco Nexa in Gurgaon with my brother. The RM had arranged for a TD of both engine options. We started off with 1.6 variant. It does drive very well and planted. The surge after 1750rpm is superb. One needs to learn to keep it in senses in city traffic. I drove through bumper to bumper traffic also and there wasn't much difficulty except changing gears frequently. 1.6 is very much drivable in city limits albeit will require some adjustments. The rpm drops down very fast so you have to keep it in power band. On empty stretches and on highways, it can touch insane speeds too quickly. The car handles very well, i'll say better than Duster because of its lesser ground clearance. Braking is superb. It doesn't get unsettled when it goes into a pothole.

After driving the 1.6, I tried my hand on 1.3. Well, you cannot compare both. Both are of different league. But the 1.3 is not slow either. Its a fantastic car for city driving. It just goes on and on. And it doesn't feel underpowered. It will feel underpowered only if you drive it after 1.6. Otherwise its a worthy performer.

Now the wait for February starts as I'm planning to go for it after Auto Expo. You never know what new thing comes up at Auto Expo that would change my mind.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 19:50   #2053
BHPian

I truly feel 1.6 engine will have tremendously high cost of servicing, as
Engine parts are imported, they won't be easily avilabale as of 1.3L engine. God forbid, in case there is an engine damaged owners might have wait long. Also, another surprising element of 1.6L engine is, it has Timing Rubber belt, instead of chain. Timing rubber belt needs to replaced every 80k.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 19:58   #2054
BHPian

An automatic version for 1.6 DDIS (TCSS dual clutch AMT transmission without allgrip) for existing price would have made me buy this 'premium' thing.

Working 6 manual gears in Indian condition is a pain

Suzuki already have this transmission, what are they waiting for!

Last edited by aerohit : 11th October 2015 at 20:00.
aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 23:32   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

The Alpha front headlamp set is available in the workshop for Rs. 17,000 a side (Obviously, it will not be light-sensing (automatic)).
Not yet available in the accessories.
Source: NEXA Wazirpur, New Delhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks