Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 01:41   #4441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

No buddy, you are mistaken. Not sure about Baleno, but S-Cross definitely comes with a proper 19 character VIN which can be found printed in a metal plate in the engine bay, above the glow controller unit.

Even my RM initially was telling that there is nothing called VIN and some call the chassis number as VIN. He also told that it is only 17 characters. Thanks to Team-BHP, I knew where exactly the VIN is present and I had asked by RM to check the same and send me a pic, which he did. When I met him in person, he was like "How did you know this, when even we were not aware of this"

And yes, 19 characters are enough to decode the month and year of manufacture (the last 2 characters are used for this) - no need for 21 characters. The first 17 characters is the chassis number and the 2 characters for manufacture date combine with that to make the VIN.
During purchase of Baleno, My RM had sent me 17 digit VIN. When I checked the car, I too found only 17 digit.

Now again for S cross, he sent me 17 digit VIN. I will check the entire VIN during PDI.

Thanks!!
Old 13th May 2016, 07:07   #4442
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
During purchase of Baleno, My RM had sent me 17 digit VIN. When I checked the car, I too found only 17 digit.

Now again for S cross, he sent me 17 digit VIN. I will check the entire VIN during PDI.

Thanks!!
This 17 number VIN is the one which is printed on a plate which is situated inside bottom of the drivers side door and since it is very easy to access, the RM always shares only this as VIN. He/She conveniently forgets that the actual digits we are looking for the numbers which are absent in this plate and mentioned earlier is available only by opening the bonnet.
Old 13th May 2016, 07:15   #4443
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Doing very fine. Had a very bad experience over the weekend. Next door kid entered into our parking area and expressed his love to somebody by scratching I love you with a small stone on the back door. He continued with the same enthusiasm and scratched stick figures of two kissing each other. And, I could not do anything, though caught him in the act as he is only a 4th standard student (according to his granny and others). Now, investing on some CC TV, some motion alarm etc to avoid the encore.
Absolutely nasty little demon of a kid!
You ought to at least speak to his ruddy parents and get them to teach the little monster that such behaviour is not acceptable.
Bah! Blighted Well Off Indian Parents and their zero discipline policies and fatuous smiling treatment of their little devils!

Off Topic:
There are some kids (poor children of the construction labourers and ironing man etc) in my neighbourhood. I keep buying them little things like ice creams and toys now and then just to keep them happy and specifically because I don't think that their parents can afford to give them these things. A child is a child and should feel like a child and get at least some privileges for being a child.

For the most part they are good natured and though they do play some dreadfully violent games involving sticks and stones and other such things, they give my vehicle and the other vehicles here a pretty wide berth.

Ive also kind of unofficially enrolled them to keep a "neighbourhood watch" kind of thing in exchange for the toys and sweets etc.
Nice kids overall. They are poor and humble but they are so much better behaved and kind than these blasted rich kids.

These chaps are kind to the stray dogs in the neighbourhood, often sharing biscuits and food etc. They share the toys and sweets amongst themselves in an honest manner.

Much to appreciate with these poor kids!
shankar.balan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 08:50   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Absolutely nasty little demon of a kid!
You ought to at least speak to his ruddy parents and get them to teach the little monster that such behaviour is not acceptable.
Bah! Blighted Well Off Indian Parents and their zero discipline policies and fatuous smiling treatment of their little devils!

Off Topic:
There are some kids (poor children of the construction labourers and ironing man etc) in my neighbourhood. I keep buying them little things like ice creams and toys now and then just to keep them happy and specifically because I don't think that their parents can afford to give them these things. A child is a child and should feel like a child and get at least some privileges for being a child.

For the most part they are good natured and though they do play some dreadfully violent games involving sticks and stones and other such things, they give my vehicle and the other vehicles here a pretty wide berth.

Ive also kind of unofficially enrolled them to keep a "neighbourhood watch" kind of thing in exchange for the toys and sweets etc.
Nice kids overall. They are poor and humble but they are so much better behaved and kind than these blasted rich kids.

These chaps are kind to the stray dogs in the neighbourhood, often sharing biscuits and food etc. They share the toys and sweets amongst themselves in an honest manner.

Much to appreciate with these poor kids!
Reading the two posts was really heartwarming. It generates so much of rage and anger when someone does something to the car. Kudos for keeping your calm. Hope the scratches are not too deep. Glad to have such kind souls in this forum. You guys made my day.
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 09:33   #4445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This 17 number VIN is the one which is printed on a plate which is situated inside bottom of the drivers side door and since it is very easy to access, the RM always shares only this as VIN. He/She conveniently forgets that the actual digits we are looking for the numbers which are absent in this plate and mentioned earlier is available only by opening the bonnet.
In Baleno, VIN is 17 digit on both places.

I have asked for only Mats, Mud flaps and Alloys (Brezza). Any other accessories recommended? I am considering following things.

1. Rear spoiler
2. Illuminated door sills

Thanks!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 09:58   #4446
BHPian

Let me tell in advance that I do not have rear spoiler.
I read somewhere in this forum that, the spoiler is fitted by drilling holes.
Please clear this before you decide on the spoiler.

Girish

Quote:

I have asked for only Mats, Mud flaps and Alloys (Brezza). Any other accessories recommended? I am considering following things.

1. Rear spoiler

Thanks!!
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:00   #4447
BHPian

Quote:

1. Rear spoiler

Thanks!!
Not sure if you have opted for the Nexa accessories pack (which would add ~10k to the OTR price). That had some useful accessories like mobile charger, mobile holder, car cover, a mini-dustbin, a good quality microfiber cloth, car shampoo along with some useless stuff like 2 pillows. Not sure if these are worth the 10k we pay, but are pretty useful IMO.

Rear Spoiler is something I liked, but many people will not spot or appreciate but illuminated door sills are a wonderful addition. It has a lot of appeal and also gets attention from each and every person who gets into your car
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:08   #4448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me tell in advance that I do not have rear spoiler.
I read somewhere in this forum that, the spoiler is fitted by drilling holes.
Please clear this before you decide on the spoiler.

Girish
I will check that buddy. I am not comfortable about drilling holes.

Quote:
Not sure if you have opted for the Nexa accessories pack (which would add ~10k to the OTR price). That had some useful accessories like mobile charger, mobile holder, car cover, a mini-dustbin, a good quality microfiber cloth, car shampoo along with some useless stuff like 2 pillows. Not sure if these are worth the 10k we pay, but are pretty useful IMO.

Rear Spoiler is something I liked, but many people will not spot or appreciate but illuminated door sills are a wonderful addition. It has a lot of appeal and also gets attention from each and every person who gets into your car
9.75k is the price of Nexa standard accessories kit. I found it too overpriced and did not opt for it. Illuminated door sills cost 3.2k. It looks pretty cool and entire panel is changed
Old 13th May 2016, 10:22   #4449
BHPian

Quote:

I did opted for the NEXA accessories pack and got everything you mentioned except the car cover. Do you think I can raise this with my RM now after three months?

cheers,
Old 13th May 2016, 10:29   #4450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did opted for the NEXA accessories pack and got everything you mentioned except the car cover. Do you think I can raise this with my RM now after three months?

cheers,
Body cover is included in this 10K kit. I am posting the price list. Look at bottom side for price breakup of Standard accessory kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160513_102647_1463115428342.jpg  

Old 13th May 2016, 10:45   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that the engine took forever to cross 2k rpm? Firstly, as a owner of S-Cross 1.6 and having driven 5k kms..
I personally disagree with the comments "the engine had nothing to offer below the 2000 RPM mark".
Even while not in the turbo zone, this is NO WAY a dead car...

...For me, this is my first diesel - coming from a 1.2 L Maruti petrol, I have no complains - be it city or highway...
It is the exact way I felt when I moved from NA petrol car to Turbo diesel.
The turbo kick made me completely forget the complementary turbo lag.

But having driven 40K KMs now, I am no more blind sided by my initial euphoria.

If you really want to understand what other members mean by "dead zone", take a back to back TD of the following engines but keep all the cars below 1900 RPMs at all time:

1. Ford Figo TDCi
2. S-Cross 1.6
3. Mahindra XUV500

These 3 cars were the ones I took TD recently. Keeping the car below 1.9K RPMs actually makes us think about the Turbo Lag beyond the Turbo Kick.
Old 13th May 2016, 10:52   #4452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
It is the exact way I felt when I moved from NA petrol car to Turbo diesel.
The turbo kick made me completely forget the complementary turbo lag.

But having driven 40K KMs now, I am no more blind sided by my initial euphoria.

If you really want to understand what other members mean by "dead zone", take a back to back TD of the following engines but keep all the cars below 1900 RPMs at all time:

1. Ford Figo TDCi
2. S-Cross 1.6
3. Mahindra XUV500

These 3 cars were the ones I took TD recently. Keeping the car below 1.9K RPMs actually makes us think about the Turbo Lag beyond the Turbo Kick.
1.6 has turbo lag. In gear acceleration of 1.6 is 19.x seconds from 40-100 in 4 th gear compared to 13.x of 1.3. But this is seriously not a big problem. A simple downshift, get into turbo zone and 1.6 will make sure to put up a smile on your face
Old 13th May 2016, 11:29   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
I will check that buddy. I am not comfortable about drilling holes.

9.75k is the price of Nexa standard accessories kit. I found it too overpriced and did not opt for it. Illuminated door sills cost 3.2k. It looks pretty cool and entire panel is changed
I got this package for free. Package included 2 sets of floor mats, mud flaps, tyvek car cover and illuminated sill guards. Sill guards really add to the oomph factor.

See if you can push your RM.

Quote:
1.6 has turbo lag
Yes. It does. But it is glaringly evident only during test drives. In real life scenario, it is not as difficult as projected. Basically , once we learn to live with the behavior, its manageable.
If you drive in thick traffic (Bangalore like) more than 60% of the time, there is no need to go for 1.6. 1.3 will do the job wonderfully in city and highways.
However, if you want the 'feel good factor' to kick in every time you accelerate, go for 1.6.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 13th May 2016 at 11:42.
Old 13th May 2016, 12:35   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
1.6 has turbo lag. In gear acceleration of 1.6 is 19.x seconds from 40-100 in 4 th gear compared to 13.x of 1.3. But this is seriously not a big problem. A simple downshift, get into turbo zone and 1.6 will make sure to put up a smile on your face
Have been driving in the 2k+ range and that is the best zone to be in with this engine. Very responsive and much in control. The real time mileage on the dashboard also shows better efficiency although I still have to get a mileage beyond 16kmph with this style of driving (feeling of being in downshift all time ).
Old 13th May 2016, 12:40   #4455

Quote:

1. Rear spoiler

Thanks!!
I've also opted for the Illuminated sills.
I am getting them without paying anything. I bargained hard and in the end told the dealer to include the Illuminated Door sills and some other things like Mats and Interior Ambient NEON lights to be included in the final OTR price.
He agreed and I booked it on spot.

It is easier to give discounts in terms of accessories for the dealer I think.
So one should try fitting in all the accessories in the final OTR price itself.
Freebies are always Welcomed.
STORM_REGALION is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks