Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2016, 12:12   #1261
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Agree with MAS. I find the seats quite comfortable.
I have seen this now on most cars that have seat covers. Most covers make the seat lose the original contours. You wont sit in it and rather sit on it with most seat covers. I am not specifically saying this about the above pictures and in general.

Last edited by srishiva : 30th August 2016 at 12:14.
Old 30th August 2016, 17:31   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Another query for the Creta owners and auto pundits in general - If I plan on buying a 17" diamond cut alloy for the spare wheel (since it is a steel rim currently), how much is it worth?

The dealer is quoting 15.8k. I can talk to him and maybe reduce it by a bit.

What's the value add by spending 16k ? Just stick to your standard steel rim in the boot and spend the money on some real diamonds. 😂
Arjun Reddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 21:09   #1263
BHPian

@San, Since I am in the market,checked with Trident-Whitefield about any complaints on brakes - they said, no customer has complained. Maybe folks having issue with brakes complain to Hyundai straight away.

Currently I am trying to choose between Crysta & Creta! Both AT's & the ones that I can afford, both are expensive & misses essentials!
Old 31st August 2016, 22:51   #1264
BHPian

Few observations on SX+ Petrol:

1. Only upshift gear indicator, but no indicator for downshifts! Even my 6 year old i20 which cost 1/3 the Creta price has it!
2. Found that if you push the stalk for the wiper, the mini wiper on boot does a single sweep! If you push further even water is dispensed on the glass!
3. This time when I got a tankfull, after driving just 80kms, the petrol indicator dropped by 3 bars, then after driving for another 20 kms only 1 bar went back up. Not sure what happened there.

Off-topic, why is the mini wiper available only on hatchbacks and SUVs and not Sedans?
Old 31st August 2016, 22:53   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post

Off-topic, why is the mini wiper available only on hatchbacks and SUVs and not Sedans?
On Sedans, because of rear overhang of boot, the mud can't reach the rear glass and hence no question of wiping it off.
That is not the case with SUVs n Hatchbacks.
Old 1st September 2016, 09:56   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Few observations on SX+ Petrol:

1. Only upshift gear indicator, but no indicator for downshifts! Even my 6 year old i20 which cost 1/3 the Creta price has it!
A minor correction, Creta Petrol VTVT does have a downshift indicator but it is not at all well regulated. All upshifts generally come at 2000 rpm but nothing like this for downshifts.

I have seen only one downshift indicator and that is for third gear. For that drive your vehicle in 6th gear at 25-30kmph and suddenly press the accelerator and you get an indicator to shift to 3rd.

An area where Hyundai can work upon.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 20:26   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
A minor correction, Creta Petrol VTVT does have a downshift indicator but it is not at all well regulated. All upshifts generally come at 2000 rpm but nothing like this for downshifts.
I did not see this happening so far, even tried to stay in the 6th gear at 20kmph for a few seconds just to check!

Another sad update, the request sensor on the driver side door seems to have stopped working on my 5 month old car!
Not sure if it is due to the heavy rains in NCR.
Old 2nd September 2016, 08:14   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
I did not see this happening so far, even tried to stay in the 6th gear at 20kmph for a few seconds just to check!
When you are driving at 20 kmph in 6th it will not show. At this speed, floor the accelerator pedal suddenly and then it will pop up. At least it does in mine.
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:49   #1269
BHPian

Quote:

Another sad update, the request sensor on the driver side door seems to have stopped working on my 5 month old car!
Not sure if it is due to the heavy rains in NCR.
I have also faced the same issue a month or so back when sensor stopped working. I had taken the car for 2nd service to Plaza Hyundai but they had no stock. They have supposedly placed order but its been over a month I have been following up and they don't have stocks still. I will have to raise a complaint to the company soon as their ASS should be holding stocks of faulty parts already acknowledged by HMIL. Many users have faced this issue and it is being fixed free of cost. Please raise a complaint immediately and persist on an immediate replacement to your dealer.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:01   #1270
BHPian

Folks, posting this on behalf of a friend who is about to buy SX version (petrol). He wants to know if it is possible to upgrade the 16" wheels with the 17" ones from SX(O)? Searching for this specific query did not yield any clear answers so posting this. Kindly revert.
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:16   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Folks, posting this on behalf of a friend who is about to buy SX version (petrol). He wants to know if it is possible to upgrade the 16" wheels with the 17" ones from SX(O)? Searching for this specific query did not yield any clear answers so posting this. Kindly revert.
Hyundai has made interesting choices while deciding the tyre sizes for 16" and 17" alloys. Lower grade models comes equipped with 205/65R16 , while top end comes with 215/60R17. Now quick calculation would reveal that lower varients has the circumference of 2113.98 mm vs 2167.07 mm for top end making the variation to about 2.51%.

I did the upgrade to my SX and went with the assumption that there were no difference in any other parameter (suspension set up etc) and upgraded to 225/55R17 - which has the circumference of 2134.08 and thus the variation of only 20.1 mm or 0.95%. It has been a year since I have been using the car and faced no issues whatsoever.

Whatever your friend decide, please do advise to use any tyre upsize calculators available across web and ensure that the variation is not much from the current set up specs.
Abhi99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:40   #1272
BHPian

Its been around 8 days since i took delivery of the SX+ AT CRDI.
I am loving it, but have faced the 7" AVN hang issue.
First Hang was last Sunday 28th Aug and the 2nd today 2nd Sept.
The first time i had to pull out the battery terminal to switch of the unit.
Some googling later in the evening helped me find an article which talked about the reset switch on the 7" unit.
Today when it hung, i just pressed the reset switch and in a min or so it rebooted. Back up and running.
I hope during my 1000km service they can upgrade the firmware and resolve this issue. Else i just need to keep a pen/pin handy instead of the spanner.

RESET SWITCH
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-avn_reset-switch.jpg
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:01   #1273
BHPian

I faced the hanging issue for the first time this week. Had to leave the system on for around an hour. Read the navigation manual and found the reset button.
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:57   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I have also faced the same issue a month or so back when sensor stopped working. I had taken the car for 2nd service to Plaza Hyundai but they had no stock. They have supposedly placed order but its been over a month I have been following up and they don't have stocks still.
Thanks for the details, will take my car to HMP tomorrow itself. Surprising that Hyundai is dragging it's feet on such issues!
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:34   #1275
Senior - BHPian

I faced the hanging issue for the 3rd time since the ownership of my car which is around 7 months now. Had to switch off the car completely for a few minutes and start it again to turn it on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks