Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 13:51   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That is a clue for me to check for any gaps there.

There are times when the exhaust fumes due to the aerodynamics will stick to the back of the car, although the end pipe is facing down. Will have to check for the boot for the smell on the next trip.
The storage board at the back opens into the boot. There is a vent behind the tail lamps under the fabric cover. So theoritically it is possible that the exhaust fumes enter the boot via the vent and then into the cabin from behind the storage board. If there is a hole, then maybe even a mosquito.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:44   #1352
BHPian

I have question. Searching through various car comparison websites, I found that aspire is lighter than figo by at least 50-60 kg in the same variant. I have mentioned the difference in range because different websites have different data. Yet, in all of them, aspire is lighter. Isn't aspire only a booted version of figo? If so, shouldn't it be heavier than figo, even marginally?

These two siblings from ford are said to be better in quality than the likes of suzuki and hyundai though they are don't stand a chance against previous generation figo. The above is a youtube link which showed malformed aspire after accident. I suspect the damage extends even to chasis.

My question is: Is aspire poorly built than figo?
Why is aspire lighter than figo?
Old 17th August 2017, 15:10   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
Quoting Team BHP's Dzire official review:
Quote:
The Dzire overall uses lighter metals, a plastic fuel tank (instead of metal) and super-thin window glasses (more on that later). Interestingly, the kerb weight of the Swift & Dzire is identical for the L variants. Remember, hatchbacks require additional strengthening around the C pillar & hatch area from the safety point of view, and for structural rigidity. Due to this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dzire actually costs lesser to manufacture than the Swift.
Now you know why.
batterylow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 15:54   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
I have question. Searching through various car comparison websites, I found that aspire is lighter than figo by at least 50-60 kg in the same variant. I have mentioned the difference in range because different websites have different data. Yet, in all of them, aspire is lighter. Isn't aspire only a booted version of figo? If so, shouldn't it be heavier than figo, even marginally?
I'm looking for any official source of body weights.

Quote:
These two siblings from ford are said to be better in quality than the likes of suzuki and hyundai though they are don't stand a chance against previous generation figo. The above is a Youtube link which showed malformed aspire after accident. I suspect the damage extends even to chasis.

One thing is India and GNCAP still don't do a side impact test as of now. Other than this - speed matters a lot. If crashed at speeds > 140 kph, even the big 3 don't fare well.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:24   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow member batterylow has provided the reason as to why the hatch might be slightly heavier than the CS version.
Checking out one accident video of a deformed car is not the right way to look at it. That way, every service center of each brand will have multiple vehicles which are deformed in various ways. Does not indicate that the vehicle is not doing its job of protecting the occupants. I have seen 4 aspires which were in head on collisions and the cars were total loss but occupants in all 4 cases were safe without major injuries. So the car has done its job of protecting its occupants while getting totaled in the process which is still fine.
If you are in the market for a CS vehicle, do check out Ameo & Etios as well. Both these get 4 Star GNCAP rating while the Figo/Aspire score 3 Stars in occupant protection.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 17th August 2017 at 17:25.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:12   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti
I'm looking for any official source of body weights.
Page No. 156 from Aspire/Figo manual states the official weight of the car. I am attaching the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086
At least as per owners manual, Aspire seems to be a good 10/15 kg heavier than Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-weight.jpg  

Last edited by NaXal : 17th August 2017 at 18:19.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:09   #1357
BHPian

Dear BHPians,
My Ford Figo Titanium has been damaged by rodents. I have just discovered that the pipe connecting engine oil reservoir with the engine has been chewed off . when I opened the bonnet to see, I realized that engine oil is spurting out forcefully . I immediately shut the engine down .
I fear that the oil that has spilled over may damage the engine. what are the next steps to be taken by me?
I am in Navi Mumbai . do advise me about a service centre close to Sanpada. Also how do I prevent rodent from damaging my car? any suggestions
sudhakarg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 07:18   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
Dear BHPians,
My Ford Figo Titanium has been damaged by rodents. I have just discovered that the pipe connecting engine oil reservoir with the engine has been chewed off . when I opened the bonnet to see, I realized that engine oil is spurting out forcefully . I immediately shut the engine down .
I fear that the oil that has spilled over may damage the engine. what are the next steps to be taken by me?
I am in Navi Mumbai . do advise me about a service centre close to Sanpada. Also how do I prevent rodent from damaging my car? any suggestions
If you fear that the oil may have effected the engine then call your ford dealer or customer care and ask them to come home and have a look.
Do not start the car. Engine oil spurting can have fatal ramifications - just check out bhpian 100BHP's S-cross thread where the engine and turbo had to be replaced.

As for the rat menace, check out this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3720989
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 10:00   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire
If you fear that the oil may have effected the engine then call your ford dealer or customer care and ask them to come home and have a look.
Do not start the car. Engine oil spurting can have fatal ramifications
+1

I would agree with the points mentioned.

It is best that you call Ford road side assistance helpline or your usual service station to tow the car and do a full inspection.

More than just engine, RATs are notorious to chew the electrical wires and if not checked properly, that may pose fire hazard later on. Also loss of vehicle control while driving.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 12:22   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
+1

I would agree with the points mentioned.

It is best that you call Ford road side assistance helpline or your usual service station to tow the car and do a full inspection.

More than just engine, RATs are notorious to chew the electrical wires and if not checked properly, that may pose fire hazard later on. Also loss of vehicle control while driving.
Well it is a coolant pipe that has been gnawed through. I have asked Ford guys to help me . Replacement pipe will be INR 1800, service will be charged 700 for home visit. I was wondering if coolant needs topping because I feel a bit of it has got spilled out . I was quoted 2000 for coolant as 5 litres of it will be required. Experts in the house please share your comments if all is in order.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:49   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg
Well it is a coolant pipe that has been gnawed through.
Who has done the diagnostic? Is it you or Ford Service people has already paid a visit to offer this diagnostic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg
I was quoted 2000 for coolant as 5 litres of it will be required.
Price is fine but the question is how much coolant is actually required. Since there is no contamination (chemical or such), I don't think replacement of the entire coolant is required. Simply top up and pay for the amount of coolant needed for the top up.

Quote:
I have asked Ford guys to help me
But I may stress again on the point of full check up and proper diagnostic by Service Center to make sure all other electrical or mechanical parts are ok and untouched by those rats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:00   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
Well it is a coolant pipe that has been gnawed through. I have asked Ford guys to help me . Replacement pipe will be INR 1800, service will be charged 700 for home visit. I was wondering if coolant needs topping because I feel a bit of it has got spilled out . I was quoted 2000 for coolant as 5 litres of it will be required. Experts in the house please share your comments if all is in order.
I don't think you need a coolant replacement. Where is the current level of the coolant? Can you post a photo of it? A "spill" generally doesn't take the level too low while it seems a lot looking at the result. If the level has gone down just a few mms, I'd say you don't need to spend on the coolant. Just top it up to the correct level with pure water & you should be OK.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:48   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think you need a coolant replacement. Where is the current level of the coolant? Can you post a photo of it? A "spill" generally doesn't take the level too low while it seems a lot looking at the result. If the level has gone down just a few mms, I'd say you don't need to spend on the coolant. Just top it up to the correct level with pure water & you should be OK.
thanks!
coolant was topped up (or so says the mechanic as I couldn't be there)
Old 23rd August 2017, 02:11   #1364
Senior - BHPian

WARNING: The glovebox hinges are prone to breakage due to bad design.

The hinges that hold up the glovebox are of plastic and you are supposed to bend them inside to access the fuse box. Now, I have opened them just 8 times in 2 years and they have broken off.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170819_190416.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170819_190409.jpg

I had written to Ford asking for warranty replacement but this was denied citing that the breakage was not due to a manufacturing defect.

A new one costs 3800. So I got it fixed by an expert at plastic welding.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20170820_095322.jpg

Not bad for Rs.200 eh!

Details in my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4256344

So, please be careful with it as Ford will not replace it under warranty, if broken, even though they should, considering its a clear case of bad design.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 12:41   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Page No. 156 from Aspire/Figo manual states the official weight of the car. I am attaching the same.

At least as per owners manual, Aspire seems to be a good 10/15 kg heavier than Figo.
Thank you all for your responses. Indeed, the manuals are to be believed in. As I had no access to any user manual, I looked up in carwale mobile app. They mention the weight of aspire but not that of figo. For figo, I had to look up in other websites. Anyway, as that is now clear, the findings which make me happy, I would like to ask, though this is very subjective, what color best suits Aspire. I've a liking for black, but the dealer here in Nepal just told me that it will take around three weeks to have it delivered here as they don't have one in stock and black aspire don't sell. Hence, the question.

Next, Ignis is going to be launched here in a couple of days. They are yet to disclose the price, but my assumption, through inputs from the sources is that, the delta petrol will cost as much as petrol trend aspire. Which one would be a safe bet? Thank you.
amitjha086 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks