Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 19:06   #331

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
That sound is normal I think. I too used to get it before cranking and after putting the ignition off. I did a ECU reset recently (for different reasons) and the sound is not there anymore. But I know it will return as the engine is still learning my driving style after the reset.

Perfectly normal if it is not very intrusive.

Hi Aktrack,

I think you are right because I had my figo serviced yesterday (first service) and had a chat with the service attendant about this, he too said that it is normal and nothing to be worried about, so I am not too worried about this as of now.
Old 19th March 2016, 11:56   #332
BHPian

Quote:
... I did a ECU reset recently (for different reasons).....
Was there a specific reason for the ECU reset?! Was the Figo not responding well?!!
Old 21st March 2016, 13:08   #333
Senior - BHPian

My Petrol Figo is giving an average of 10 kmpl so far, its been 2 months, another month to go for the first service. Is it the usual figure according to the other owners here ? Anything to be done on this ? Inputs appreciated !
Old 21st March 2016, 17:41   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Was there a specific reason for the ECU reset?! Was the Figo not responding well?!!
Yeah. I am having some heavy engine issues. Low pickup, smoothness, rough engine and high engine noise etc. ECU reset momentarily helped and it is back to the problematic self.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:56   #335
BHPian

Quick Mileage Check - Diesel: 20.2 as per dashboard display, haven't done tank method. Overall 4500 km covered 90% on highways with full AC on.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:09   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Quick Mileage Check - Diesel: 20.2 as per dashboard display, haven't done tank method. Overall 4500 km covered 90% on highways with full AC on.
20 is the bottom line for this diesel. Expect it to go a little further up between 21.5 - 22.5. I couldn't extract more than 23.75 twice (tankful) come what may (no AC, and 80% highway).
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:42   #337
BHPian

Quote:
20 is the bottom line for this diesel. Expect it to go a little further up between 21.5 - 22.5. I couldn't extract more than 23.75 twice (tankful) come what may (no AC, and 80% highway).
That's right!! The range for the TDCi does seem to be 21.5 - 23.0 kmpl thereabouts (for mostly highway conditions with the AC on always & a few instances of spirited driving thrown into the mix!!). My Figo TDCi has been fluctuating within this range for the last few tankfulls. I guess we can push it over 23 with a really smooth/sedate driving style
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:50   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My Petrol Figo is giving an average of 10 kmpl so far, its been 2 months, another month to go for the first service.
Frankly all the old generation Ford figo owners also didn't get commendable FE from their Petrol engine and I am also not expecting anything great from this engine. On highways you might be able to extract 12.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:57   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Frankly all the old generation Ford figo owners also didn't get commendable FE from their Petrol engine and I am also not expecting anything great from this engine. On highways you might be able to extract 12.
Ford should do something about their petrol engines. I mean give something, either mileage or power. Their petrols have drawn much flak.
AKTRACK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:10   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My Petrol Figo is giving an average of 10 kmpl so far, its been 2 months, another month to go for the first service. Is it the usual figure according to the other owners
My 1.2 petrol Aspire gives me an average of 14 with a mix of highway and city drives. The least I've got is 11.8, and this was my first tankful - probably because I was getting used to the car. Your low mileage might have something to do with your driving style. I trained myself by keeping an eye on the instant mileage and adjusted my throttle inputs accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
On highways you might be able to extract 12.
On highways you can easily extract 18. I managed 23 during one 60 km highway run with medium traffic.

Last edited by samaspire : 23rd March 2016 at 00:12.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:39   #341
Senior - BHPian

Figo vs Swift vs Micra diesels; a quick look

Test drove the 100 horses recently. The Ford salesman was adamant that they do not even compare the Figo with the Micra, but I have to as the Micra is my daily ride.

Looks. I just can't put my mind off the longish bonnet and the Aston Martin-ish style overall.

The build quality is light (rather pathetic) at the doors and the windows; but not at the gear lever or pedals or the gearbox and engine mounts as such. The windows and doors were squeaking in a 11000 kms run test car. The breaks were squealing (rubbing metal)! The front glass had a crack initiated! The control stalks very flimsy, very unlike the Micra; not to mention the door handles. Never expected this from a Ford.

But the Micra feels flimsily built especially sheet metal and the sound deadening; the gear lever is horrible, NVH bad and road noise creeps in with horrible gear shifters. In the Figo, road noise does comes in a bit too but not as much. Though the Figo engine starts and shuts down with a huge shake. Gear shifters on the Figo felt satisfactory.

NVH while going over potholes is one of my major criteria, the Swift felt far better than the other two here; the Figo faring a bit bitter than the Micra. The front suspension felt a bit rigid over potholes being a diesel, seemed similar to the Micra. The Swift scores here too. Though the 18000 kms run 'Zoom' car Swift had just the slightest of rattles really surprised me. Rattles are minimum on my 25000 kms run Micra too but have to give credit to the Swift giving it tough competition.

Driveablity in B2B traffic is a USP on the Micra and the Figo scores close enough due to the huge visibility upfront but loosing out on the engine lag. The Micra is in another league when it comes to lightness of control and maneuverability. I 'felt' some time to spool up the horses on the Figo whereas on the Swift I was mostly unaware of the lag. Micra is pure lag-less with it's K9K doing good duty. And while I floored the Figo on an incline in 2nd, it did take it's sweet time; maybe I was faaaar off the turbo zone. One has to confirm the actuals as I'm not damn sure, but the feeling was as described before. Have to mention that the front and side visibility and the low seating position on the Swift is not that encouraging for women folks in B2B traffic.

Rear bench comfort and space is far better on the Figo. Whereas in the Micra, this aspect does not justify the 7.5 lac cost of it. While in the Swift, I have not been on the back benches.

Sorry, I have not tested about the handling as that is not my daily driving pattern. But I know that the Micra is pathetic here.

The icing on the cake for the Figo is the service cost. Just have a look below. The Micra gulps down ~7000/- per service in 6 months which comes to ~14000/- per year. My 6th service cost for the Micra came to 14000/- alone as the alternator and timing belt needed to be changed after 3 years though the car has not reached 60k kms.

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160316_112138.jpg

Final verdict: I am so in love with the looks, 100 horses, less service and fuel costs of the Figo but it looses on the light build quality of doors, windows and stalks. And the one thing that is bothering me is that I do not want to get stuck with an unpopular car another time around; the sales figure of the Figo is nothing but disappointing. Heart says Figo, head says Swift.
thoma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:58   #342
BHPian

Re: Figo vs Swift vs Micra diesels; a quick look

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
... And the one thing that is bothering me is that I do not want to get stuck with an unpopular car another time around; the sales figure of the Figo is nothing but disappointing. Heart says Figo, head says Swift.
I guess Figo's(or even Aspire for that matter!) 'unpopularity' is because of reasons other than the car itself(read Ford's ecosystem: Sales/marketing/logistics/dealerships etc). I wonder what would have been the car's sales figures if it was launched by Maruti!!
I went through the same 'heart vs head' feelings while making my purchase decision w.r.t. Figo/Swift! (especially in the resale value aspect). Things that went in Figo's favour were it's powerful engine, novelty in looks, dual airbags+ABS for an ORP of about 50K less than the Swift ZDI.
As far as driveability is concerned, Figo is quite comfortable in almost all conditions (I've covered 13000km so far in 5months). Only thing is, it's not zippy in lower gears (esp 1st gear). But the higher you go (gears-wise) the better it feels to drive. And the 100horses do bring a smile on one's face quite often(more so when you realise that it's an 8lakh ORP hatch... for the Titanium variant )
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:38   #343
BHPian

Guys I had first servicing of my Figo TDCi in the month of January; I deliberately asked them to change Engine oil but mechanic suggested not to change the oil since it ran only 2500 kms. Also they said its a synthetic oil and should be replaced during 2nd service after 10000 Km. But I still gone ahead with the Engine Oil change assuming they will replace it with synthetic oil only.

initially I noticed improved mileage upto 20-21 km hr in city traffic from existing 19-20 with AC On around 50 % of the travel time. However there is a drop in mileage (17-18 km) after 2 months of servicing. Plus Engine doesn't seems to be peppy enough now. Not sure whats going on here...Need your views please. As per me my Driving style has changed or is it something to do with Oil replacement thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I guess Figo's(or even Aspire for that matter!) 'unpopularity' is because of reasons other than the car itself(read Ford's ecosystem: Sales/marketing/logistics/dealerships etc). I wonder what would have been the car's sales figures if it was launched by Maruti!!
I went through the same 'heart vs head' feelings while making my purchase decision w.r.t. Figo/Swift! (especially in the resale value aspect). Things that went in Figo's favour were it's powerful engine, novelty in looks, dual airbags+ABS for an ORP of about 50K less than the Swift ZDI.
As far as driveability is concerned, Figo is quite comfortable in almost all conditions (I've covered 13000km so far in 5months). Only thing is, it's not zippy in lower gears (esp 1st gear). But the higher you go (gears-wise) the better it feels to drive. And the 100horses do bring a smile on one's face quite often(more so when you realise that it's an 8lakh ORP hatch... for the Titanium variant )

if I apply both mind and heart to Figo vs Swift. The Figo still score over Swift in almost all aspects except resale value which I'm not looking forward to for atleast 5 + years.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd March 2016 at 17:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:55   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
Plus Engine doesn't seems to be peppy enough now.
Man, Is there a trend coming out regarding the engine losing its peppiness?

Although I did not change the engine oil in the first service but my car too lost its peppiness around 4 - 5k. The mileage has remained great though.

I am taking the car the to a different FASS. Let's see what their diagnosis is. Keeping my fingers crossed
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 22:20   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Man, Is there a trend coming out regarding the engine losing its peppiness?
I think it might help if the car is checked by the service people. See if the air filter is clean enough (it might be clogged with dust sooner in urban pollution). I don't think an engine from Ford should loose its peppiness so soon!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks