cast iron construction.
Carbon steel. Definitely not cast iron.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:48   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Carbon steel. Definitely not cast iron.
Well this is the exact reply from Ford "We wish you reiterate the fact that the parts which you have mentioned and referring to* have surface oxidation on it since these are cast iron parts. However there are no structural or performance implications because of this oxidation on the parts. All these parts have been tested and passes all corrosion requirements for structural durability and long term functional performance as well. As such there is no need of replacement of any components on your vehicle. Request you to drive the vehicle with complete confidence on our product."
nikhil.neon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:01   #618
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

I have seen and reported rusting on the steering column. Apparently it's there in all cars.
I recently also noticed that the seat frame has a "cast iron" frame that shows rusting at the bottom. Wonder if anyone else has it too?
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:31   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I see that you have a Polo Tdi as well. Can you give us a comparison between these? Is the engine way better than the Polo? And where does the Figo's build quality (and rattles if any) stand against the Polo?
The polo is actually driven by my dad in Kerala. But yes, I have driven it enough to give a comparison, although it is still early days for the ford to be honest.

1. The engine in the figo is indeed way better (Note that the polo is the older 3 cylinder one) . The mountain of torque from around 1.2k rpm (my guess, tachometer is too small to get a reading!!) is sublime. In gear acceleration in 3rd onward is great. Only gripe is that from low rpm in 2nd (like after a speed bump) it shows some lag (have to engage 1st in some cases to solve this)

2. The polo engine rattle and noise is not present in the figo. Sure, the diesel clatter is there, but much less. (This is also the case compared to the 1.5 tdi from VW - that engine is too noisy!!)

3. Compared to the 1.5tdi from VW (admittedly I have less experience with that engine) turbo lag seems to be well controlled on the ford. If you like to have your torque served by Thor with his hammer, look at the VW. And did I mention that the VW engine is noisy?

4. Build quality is better on the VW, although the figo appears to be built better than the Jap cars. Of course, it is well documented here that the figo is no longer built like a vault as was the case in older fords. Fit and finish are par for the course. VW still has the best interiors overall, with better ergonomics. Case in point are the centre console and

5. I have a rattle on the left door (glass?) since day one. It is not a big deal though I hope. Other than that, not much to report. The interior trims seems to have been put together well. Suspension does not make a crashing noise as in the VW.

6. Steering, handling - My figo's steering seems to have some play (It turns freely for a bit and becomes tight). I have also felt that it becomes tighter than usual, randomly. Would like some help with that from fellow bhpians. the VW steering feels more accurate and confidence inspiring on the highway. The ford is not a good highway cruiser for me, because of the steering. Fatter tyres may improve this I suppose. The figo has't seen any curvy roads yet, but in the city, it handles lika a hyundai or maruti. I have driven the old figo with the anemic petrol engine, it was a much much better handler.

7. Looks are subjective, but I feel the figo looks good only in parts. Overall, the design feels a bit low rent, and from the side profile, the tyres look puny. You could say fatter tyres and bigger rims will improve it, but I wish I could increase the wheel arch diameter and fit larger tyres.

Overall, buy this for the engine, and for the fact that it is more than 2L cheaper than the high-line tdi. If it wasn't for these points, the polo would be my pick any day.

On a side note, I had the ikon 1.6nxt, and my family has a classic 1.4tdi. Both are better to drive than the new figo, and the ikon was such fun with the crisp throttle response in low rpms.
wantarangerover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:13   #620
BHPian

Went for a 400KM trip to Vizag on my Figo TDCi this weekend. Got an opportunity to really test it's handling capabilities on the highway. Driving style was spirited almost throughout the drive. And the car didn't disappoint at all
There were occasions where I was pleasantly surprised by its overtaking abilities (the ease with which it was zooming past cars one or two segments above it was mind blowing )

Attaching a picture of the battery test report done at the service center during the 30K KM service recently:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160827_153359.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:53   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Narain Karthekeyan says Ford Figo is as good or better than none other than the mighty Audi R8

http://www.cartoq.com/ford-figo-dies...n-karthikeyan/

Ford Figo and Aspire got so many rave reviews. Just wish it transpired into real sales which unfortunately is not happening !!!

But, this is truly an unexpected feedback

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th September 2016 at 23:36.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 23:36   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Narain Karthekeyan says Ford Figo is as good or better than no other than the might Audi R8

http://www.cartoq.com/ford-figo-dies...n-karthikeyan/

Ford Figo and Aspire got so many rave reviews. Just wish it transpired into real sales which unfortunately is not happening !!!

But, this is truly an unexpected feedback
Did you miss this discussion right here on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4049330

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2016 at 08:39. Reason: Excluding emoticons from quoted post. Please avoid quoting them. Thanks!
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 08:22   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Did you miss this discussion right here on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4049330
How can I miss such an interesting discussion and comparison where the Figo beats the "supposedly" hot hatch Abarth?

That test was conducted by Overdrive and the link below was a test conducted by ACI

Both tests now clearly indicate that Figo is faster than Abarth and deserves the "hot hatch" title
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 18:27   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I called up a Ford dealer in Pune, on 3rd September (Saturday), for a TD of both the Diesel as well as the Petrol. My number was taken down and I was told that an SA would get back to me.

My intent was a genuine one, I've booked a Tiago about 3 months ago and it doesn't seem like I would be getting it anytime soon, looking at how royally Tata Motors have messed up the production capacity vis-a-vis the number of bookings. I thought, let's atleast check out the Figo. If it manages to blow me away, who knows, I might lessen the wallet-weight by a bit more and think about it.

In about 30 minutes, I got a call from the SA. I told him that I would like to take a TD of the Diesel. Asked him about current OTR prices etc. Asked him to get the car home (as the showroom is a good 15-17 km from my residence). The SA told me that he will call before coming. And hung up.

It's been 5 days since, and I haven't heard from him (or anyone else) since. Call that some turnaround time.

One would think that for a car which has been posting less-than-expected sales numbers, they would atleast be a little proactive? But, I guess not!

In comparison, I must've driven the Polo GT TSI for a good 80-100 km on 3 to 4 separate occasions, before I sealed the deal. And the SA from VW showed remarkable agility in arranging everything for me, from getting the car to my office or home or asking me to come to the showroom for a TD when there was lesser rush etc.

It might be great on the track as compared to the GT TSI, but what's the use if they don't even respond to potential customers who are calling them up for a TD? It's burning up the showroom floor instead.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 18:57   #625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
In about 30 minutes, I got a call from the SA. I told him that I would like to take a TD of the Diesel. Asked him about current OTR prices etc. Asked him to get the car home (as the showroom is a good 15-17 km from my residence). The SA told me that he will call before coming. And hung up.

It's been 5 days since, and I haven't heard from him (or anyone else) since. Call that some turnaround time.
Took them almost six months to call me back when I wanted to book the Ecosport AT. And the SA who called back said they have been busy (for six months!) and hence the delay. By the time, my new car (another brand, needless to say) had completed first service also.

You've been extremely lucky to receive a call back.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 19:38   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
I called up a Ford dealer in Pune, on 3rd September (Saturday), for a TD of both the Diesel as well as the Petrol. My number was taken down and I was told that an SA would get back to me.
Just for my information, was it Talera Ford or Sai Sakshi Ford? I believe, these are the only 2 dealerships in Pune.

Personally, I have had better buying experience at Talera Ford, though it was almost an year ago, when Figo was just launched and they were enthusiastic.
Old 7th September 2016, 20:16   #627
BHPian

+1 abhishekulkarni. Apart from ad campaigns, Ford dealers should pull up their socks and chase potential customers to bring respectable sales no. for figo twins. Ford should train and evaluate each and every sales staff as they are the first touch points for the customer. Similar thing happened in 2010 when I was looking to replace the indica. Had called Hyundai to arrange a TD but no one turned up in four months and I only got few calls directly from the company as follow-ups.

If door step TD didn't materialise, ask a different dealer or fill up the TD form on the ford India website. I guess you shouldn't miss the blistering tdci. Have owned both a tata and a ford, and I would say that the ford really connects to you.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 7th September 2016 at 20:22.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 22:09   #628
Senior - BHPian

I'm really confused as to why almost all the people whom I ask (of course third party, not Ford owners; but valuators and taxi services mostly) about the Figo or even a Ford does not recommend it for flimsy build and high accident repair cost.

Though I had written a short comparo on the Figo vs Swift, I did test drive an Aspire this time and didn't feel the sheet metal thickness as bad a Swift or Micra. The door is either heavy or the hinge is not sturdy, that the driver door had a slight stooping towards the ground. But what I was so un-impressed was that the barely 800 km run test car had odd rattling from here and there; it's not the one only on bad roads but even on smooth roads.

Last edited by thoma : 7th September 2016 at 22:11.
Old 7th September 2016, 22:30   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Took them almost six months to call me back when I wanted to book the Ecosport AT.
If it does take that long, I might take my Tiago to visit the Ford SA and offer him a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Just for my information, was it Talera Ford or Sai Sakshi Ford? I believe, these are the only 2 dealerships in Pune.
It was Sai Sakshi Ford, Wakad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
+1 abhishekulkarni. Apart from ad campaigns, Ford dealers should pull up their socks and chase potential customers to bring respectable sales no. for figo twins. Ford should train and evaluate each and every sales staff as they are the first touch points for the customer. Similar thing happened in 2010 when I was looking to replace the indica. Had called Hyundai to arrange a TD but no one turned up in four months and I only got few calls directly from the company as follow-ups.
This is something that bewilders me. If a certain manufacturer's ASS sucks (Skoda, for example), atleast they do make an effort in Sales. Now in my interaction with Honda, VW and Maruti dealers, I have never seen a lack of desire to sell the car. And I do get your point, but what 'training' does a 'sales advisor' need to just respond to a customer asking for a TD!? Maybe I haven't visited a Fiat dealership yet, but I have never experienced this before.

I have driven past this particular Ford showroom many times on my way to/from work, and I have never seen a crowd in the showroom. As opposed to a Nexa store which is packed to the brim with people, making you wonder if people are there to buy vegetables for the week or an automobile.

So if these Ford SAs are not really busy, what are they DOING!?
Old 7th September 2016, 23:01   #630
BHPian

Fully agree with you. May be because those sales advisors are not enthusiastic chaps and they just joined the dealership to get a fixed amount of salary in the month end.

This is where ford needs to evaluate. They need to ensure that the SA's in the dealerships are proactive and enthusiastic who believe in their product. Ford does not enjoy the trust and reach of a maruti or a Hyundai. So it needs to shake up it's system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks