Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 12:00   #811

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Hi Guys,

Does this happen in your Baleno:

Problem: A clanking/grinding sound from front Wheels.

When & How: It doesn't happen while going over potholes or on uneven roads or while breaking at any speed (low or high). I have so far never driven faster than 100. I have clocked an average speed of 70 to 80 km/h on highways. It doesn't happen if I crawl over a speed breaker at low speeds either.

But I get clanking sound (for around 2-secs) when I start applying break my car before a speed breaker and my foot still on the break pedal. If I have slowed down my vehicle sufficiently and let my car crawl over speed bumper then it goes without any drama. Happened mostly on Highways.

Which is the culprit? Suspension or ABS.... Is it something I should check with Service center.
Old 28th April 2016, 12:12   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Exports Baleno with K14 Engine to US, AUSTRALIA & NZ

I found the following data from Zauba. Maruti has exported 20 units of baleno to USA. Did Suzuki not shut down operations in USA?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20160428120805_com.android.chrome.png  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 08:52   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

My Baleno petrol has run 4.7K Kms in last 6 months and due for 2nd free service. Dad got FE figure of 19.8 kmpl with 3 passengers on board to bangalore. He had got 23+ when driven alone. These FE figures for a petrol car is just amazing.

Sad news: Baleno got it's first hit on rear door by a biker trying to squeeze through in bangalore traffic. There is a mild dent which is like a crease. Suggestions required about how to correct it. I will post the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160429_084142.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160429_084236.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th April 2016 at 08:54.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:36   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Sad news: Baleno got it's first hit on rear door by a biker trying to squeeze through in bangalore traffic. There is a mild dent which is like a crease. Suggestions required about how to correct it.
If you are still in Bangalore, you could visit Trend Automobiles. They should be able to remove the dent without tinkering. Look them up on the Bangalore directory. I have used their services in the past and I am quite happy with the outcome.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:50   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
If you are still in Bangalore, you could visit Trend Automobiles. They should be able to remove the dent without tinkering. Look them up on the Bangalore directory. I have used their services in the past and I am quite happy with the outcome.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
My dad came back to mangalore today. Trend Automobile is just 5 kms away from my apartment in Bangalore. I would have told dad to visit if I knew about this before.
Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:11   #816
BHPian

Hello all,
To my utter disappointment, I just received the below mail from Nexa RM.
As per them, waiting period has gone up. I booked Zeta Diesel on 10th-March.
Anyone else who booked the car on March is facing this similar situation?

Since delivery is getting delayed, I'm thinking of switching to Baleno RS (Turbo-Petrol version).
Is it possible to buy RS with a budget of 9.5 lakhs OTR?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-capture.png  

Old 30th April 2016, 02:32   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Hello all,

To my utter disappointment, I just received the below mail from Nexa RM.

As per them, waiting period has gone up. I booked Zeta Diesel on 10th-March.

Anyone else who booked the car on March is facing this similar situation?

Since delivery is getting delayed, I'm thinking of switching to Baleno RS (Turbo-Petrol version).

Is it possible to buy RS with a budget of 9.5 lakhs OTR?

Do you have any clues if it would be the same for petrol too? I called up my RM(Kalyani Nexa) last week for update on Feb booked petrol alpha trim and he said they are closing orders for Dec bookings now, which means a waiting time of 4 months.

10 months waiting for a car is insane, I have a strong feeling that Maruti is acting up on this by keeping Indian order books not at the highest priority amidst the world wide demand (if any). At least I haven't seen a single baleno in last 2 months in cities like Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Paris, Koln and Düsseldorf ( all big German cities except Paris of course). Not sure about the rest of the Europe. This is getting nowhere.
Old 30th April 2016, 13:56   #818
BANNED

I visited a nexa outlet yesterday n the experience was horrible to say the least...
Old 30th April 2016, 16:00   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
I visited a nexa outlet yesterday n the experience was horrible to say the least...
Would appreciate more details about your experience. Please eleborate more so that readers can understand why you were underwhelmed.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 30th April 2016 at 16:02. Reason: typo
Old 30th April 2016, 16:03   #820
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me the current waiting period for Baleno petrol in NCR region?
Old 30th April 2016, 16:17   #821
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Would appreciate more details about your experience. Please eleborate more so that readers can understand why you were underwhelmed.

Regards.
As I walked in the showroom with my wife and son, I could see some suited salesmen but nobody cared to greet us. After looking here n there I went to the front desk and was told to wait. I kept waiting for half an hour but no salesman came to us. I could see a bunch of salesmen in the room chatting away. After waiting for half an hour i simply walked away from the showroom. I am surprised that Maruti claims that NEXA is their premium dealership.
Old 30th April 2016, 16:36   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
As I walked in the showroom with my wife and son, I could see some suited salesmen but nobody cared to greet us. After looking here n there I went to the front desk and was told to wait. I kept waiting for half an hour but no salesman came to us. I could see a bunch of salesmen in the room chatting away. After waiting for half an hour i simply walked away from the showroom. I am surprised that Maruti claims that NEXA is their premium dealership.
Quite in contrast to my experience, that is why I asked. I visited them during Dhanteras, which is probably the busiest time for car sellers, but still we were attended well in a private cabin with their airplay devices at work and the discussion went for about 30 minutes over coffee, despite clearly telling them that our plan to buy is not immediate.

You may put a complain, if you wish directly at Maruti about this and they are surely very strict about these stuff.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 17:04   #823

Hi All,

I have booked a Zeta petrol last month. The waiting period mentioned is 5-6 months. I heard the the vitara brezza might be eating into the Baleno sales.
Any idea if this is true and would it reduce the waiting period on the Baleno.
Hoping for miracles here, so any news of reduction in waiting period is music to my ears.
Old 1st May 2016, 00:44   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
Hi All,

I have booked a Zeta petrol last month. The waiting period mentioned is 5-6 months. I heard the the vitara brezza might be eating into the Baleno sales.
Any idea if this is true and would it reduce the waiting period on the Baleno.
Hoping for miracles here, so any news of reduction in waiting period is music to my ears.
Maruti is concentrating more on Export. Domestic sales figures is decreasing every month. I suggest you to consider boosterjet baleno too if you are going to wait 5-6 months.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 02:09   #825
BHPian

Hello Shiv_1984,

During the time of my booking (in March), NRM mentioned for Petrol there is a waiting period of 8-9 months.
Did you receive any further communication after your booking?

For your doubt about Baleno in Europe, here is the picture of Suzuki Baleno spotted at Stuttgart. I guess they have already started deliveries.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160430_203904.jpg  

redbaron91 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks