Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 08:06   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 discounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
the dealer has a 2015 VX 4x2 Varicor 400 TD vehicle done 12-13k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Dealer TD vehicles are never a good idea no matter how cheap they offer it for or for the less mileage covered
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not necessarily. My uncles have a TD Sumo Grande... But yes, I would be careful, and also will not touch an AT or an AMT vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Regarding a TD vehicle, it is a gamble.
A gamble it is indeed to purchase a Test Drive vehicle, specially when it is a rugged vehicle like Safari. Many prospective customers put the TD vehicle through its paces before making their purchase.

One man maketh a driver, multiple drivers becometh abusers.

Hence, one cannot be too careful. The enticement of a minor discount shouldn't cloud your judgment regarding the purchase.

Few years ago, a colleague had picked up an Indica Vista which had done 30k (as per the odo). He had got it for around a lakh less than the then on road price. The car has been a rogue right from the beginning. It came without a jack and tools. The clutch conked off within a year; the tyres had to be replaced far too early. More importantly, the many scratches and dents that it had picked up couldn't ever be corrected - it was an yellow car .

The incremental value that a TD car offers isn't always positive.

OT: Imagine our surprise when the said colleague brought the new car to the office the first time: It was the same car that a few of us had test ridden a year ago and had (even then) complained that the clutch was hard and the pick-up low.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 22:54   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
What are the discounts on the Storme VX 4x2?

Since this model is barely managing 200-500 units a month as compared to 3000-4000 units of the Scorpio, there ought to be some 2017 unsold inventory.

The last offer I could find out about was around Rs 1 lakh off during December 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
And yes Storme is made to demand from what I experienced. I wanted urban bronze but they told me they will have to raise an order and only after that they will manufacture it. And that it would take 2 months for the car to arrive. I was in a hurry and settled for a January 2018 manufactured Pearl white VX.(Now I am very happy I got white over brown as the presence is enormous with white).

The offers for March were upto 80K off on Storme with additional 5k in the last week of March. Now the new offers will come within 2-3 days for April. But afaik those would be similar as were in March.

Storme is not made on order. It is a regular production but the figures are less. In North India mainly U.P and Bihar, it is a hot pick. I cross a stockyard of a dealer in Lucknow on my way to office and always see 3-4 Storme parked there and also see them getting offloaded from truck regularly outside the yard.

Regarding colors for Storme, the white and grey are in regular production. Any other color choice is made on order and that takes time.
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:23   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post

Regarding colors for Storme, the white and grey are in regular production. Any other color choice is made on order and that takes time.
That's what I told too. I asked for urban bronze but came to know it is made to order.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 22:40   #709
BHPian

I am facing some issue in my 4 months old Storme. I am hearing some thud noise when I start from standstill from the rear axle maybe differential.
Has anyone faced this or can tell what is it ?
Old 30th April 2018, 11:27   #710
BHPian

Folks

Need some inputs.

My dealer is saying the Gold AMC for Storme is valid for 2 years 40000 km only, and costs Rs 17.5k.
My understanding was this Gold AMC can be had for 4 years. Isn't that offered any more?

Is paying Rs. 17.5K worth for first 2 years AMC?

cheers
lazy
Old 30th April 2018, 11:54   #711
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer is saying the Gold AMC for Storme is valid for 2 years 40000 km only, and costs Rs 17.5k.
My understanding was this Gold AMC can be had for 4 years. Isn't that offered any more?

Is paying Rs. 17.5K worth for first 2 years AMC?

cheers
lazy
I have a 3 year/60K kms GOLD AMC which I bought for about 40K, in the first year (Jul 2016). I'd enquired for the 4 year one too, but they said they didn't have one. So I settled for an extended warranty for the 4th year. At the time, the rule with Gold was (at least was told by my dealer), has to be purchased within couple of months (or some odo limit, I forgot that) of taking delivery.

IMO Gold AMC makes sense if you've high usage; may be an overkill if your yearly mileage is anything less than 20K kms. In which case, after the std.warranty expires, you can always buy the Silver AMC, to cover certain mechanicals (if not all). Btw, this is for a 4X2 V400 which is only driven on highways and city traffic. All this may not be applicable for a 4X4, with a usage pattern which includes offroading.

Do make sure to get the AMC booklet if you do purchase it; I am yet to get mine after 2 years
avinash_m is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 12:52   #712
BHPian

Suddenly, AMC for Storme doesn't interest me nor make me encourage customers to buy it off!
I had Safari Dicor for 6 years and I had Gold AMC for through out my tenure with it. Initially, I got it for 4 years/40K, then extended it for another 2 years/90K [additional 50K Kms] in total. I might have spent around 40K in total, but definitely worth it.

I had to ECU, change clutch assembly and front disc [all once]. I am sure, I would have taken back all/most of the AMC cost that I paid.

If you look at Storme, I dont see a need. Because, clutch is damn good with Storme [unlike Dicor] and other things that I had to change are just a gamble, I would say.

If you use Storme as your daily drive in the Bangalore bumper <> bumper traffic, then you may get it. Because, brake pads is the only doubt I have.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 12:56   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Folks

Need some inputs.

cheers
lazy

The dealer is right in saying that there is Gold amc for 2 yrs/40k kms. There is also one for 3yrs/60k as quoted by avinash. I too have gold amc for 3yrs/60k purchased in Dec17. It was of Rs. 44k.
You can ask for gold amc for 3yrs from the dealer, if he refuses then you can contact TATA and they would help you in this.

Quote:
Do make sure to get the AMC booklet if you do purchase it; I am yet to get mine after 2 years

Rightly said, as I took the booklet with amc number and also got it punched in system infront of me.
Btw if you are using the TMSC app, you can check it there under the amc section. Mine is updated in the app.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 13:43   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Btw if you are using the TMSC app, you can check it there under the amc section. Mine is updated in the app.
I have the number on the app Sir, just don't have the booklet. Thing is, I didn't follow-up either since I hardly had a need. Lately though, before my Munnar trip, when the car went in for it's 2nd year annual service, I'd asked two bulbs, to be replaced (LF projector and RR tail) which had conked off. Thought, they were covered under AMC but they're not and I'd to pay. It's not about the amount (few hundred bucks) but I specifically remember the SA telling me that Gold covers everything except tyres and battery! Obviously, there are exceptions to that (hopefully mentioned in the booklet) and hence the need to have one now, even though 2 yrs into my ownership!

Apparently, I was told bulbs are never covered, which makes sense, but that's different from what I was told earlier.
avinash_m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 13:44   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am facing some issue in my 4 months old Storme. I am hearing some thud noise when I start from standstill from the rear axle maybe differential.
Has anyone faced this or can tell what is it ?
I have this issue but it doesn't happen every time i start. Happens once in ten times at max. However, Concorde here tried to find the source and failed. Now after 18 months and 34k on odo, I have started to ignore it. Let me know if find anything.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 14:21   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Suddenly, AMC for Storme doesn't interest me nor make me encourage customers to buy it off!

Prem.
Rightly said Prem ji.
I have been told by TASS guys that are known to me that the Storme parts lasts long and it does not have issues as Dicor. They said gold amc is only valuable if you travel a lot. For normal day to day ride, it would not be VFM. I came to know this only after purchasing the gold amc.

Quote:
I have the number on the app Sir, just don't have the booklet. Thing is, I didn't follow-up either since I hardly had a need. Lately though, before my Munnar trip, when the car went in for it's 2nd year annual service, I'd asked two bulbs, to be replaced (LF projector and RR tail) which had conked off. Thought, they were covered under AMC but they're not and I'd to pay. It's not about the amount (few hundred bucks) but I specifically remember the SA telling me that Gold covers everything except tyres and battery! Obviously, there are exceptions to that (hopefully mentioned in the booklet) and hence the need to have one now, even though 2 yrs into my ownership!

Apparently, I was told bulbs are never covered, which makes sense, but that's different from what I was told earlier.
Thanks for sharing this info.
I will check the same exceptions in the booklet. I remembered that I read that the wheel balance weights are not covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I have this issue but it doesn't happen every time i start. Happens once in ten times at max. However, Concorde here tried to find the source and failed. Now after 18 months and 34k on odo, I have started to ignore it. Let me know if find anything.
Same is with me. I am not facing it always. I think it happens when the fuel tank is half filled.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 14:36   #717
BHPian

Thanks guys.

So, net net, Storme doesn't need the 2 year AMC priced at 17.5K because of better parts.
But I will definitely take the EW for 4th year.

Can you guys also share the typical spend on regular servicing (free) for the first 2 years?
(trying to evaluate what is the benefit of 17.5K worth of AMC for first 2 years)

cheers
lazy
Old 30th April 2018, 15:12   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Same is with me. I am not facing it always. I think it happens when the fuel tank is half filled.
Had missed this; count me in as well! However, I too forgot to raise it during service as it was quite random, haven't heard it since then, even after my trip. Btw, my guess is something to do with the steering rack (could be totally wrong), since mine had PS oil smear (no continuos leak) all over the reservoir, connecting pipes etc. They'd just cleaned it once before, when I thought it was leaking (fluid was full though) and had pointed it out. This time though, they changed the connecting pipes as well, didn't want to take any chance before a long trip. My mech.told me that since the mechanism is hydraulic, fluid may've spilled under momentary heavy pressure (full lock). Not sure about you, but I have to do full opposite locks, to back out of my parking, that was usually when I'd observed this noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Can you guys also share the typical spend on regular servicing (free) for the first 2 years?
(trying to evaluate what is the benefit of 17.5K worth of AMC for first 2 years)
Sorry mate, can't help you much there since I am on AMC, all services and consumables etc. are covered in that. However, I did do paid preemptive maintainance every 5K kms since I drive majorly in city. And that primarily included oil (mineral) and filter changes which would amount to about 1-1.5K (approx.); AMC covers oil changes during regular service only. Hope this helps.

CHEERS

Last edited by avinash_m : 30th April 2018 at 15:21. Reason: Adding info
avinash_m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:39   #719
Senior - BHPian

TorqueMonster completed 1,40,000 kms in 2 years.

Really happy with TATA service also.

Parts Replaced under warranty till now
  • one front suspension
  • water pump (engine)
  • front passenger door lock assembly
  • AC condenser cooling fan (few days ago)
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20180323_16_50_16_pro-large.jpg
jeepster is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:40   #720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
TorqueMonster completed 1,40,000 kms in 2 years.
You've really used your V-400 to the fullest and going by the short list of parts replaced, it clearly stands testimony to the effort TML has put in, in making this a reliable long term vehicle.

Wish you another 150k happy kilometers with it.

PS: Did you buy the Hexa that you had experienced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks