Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2016, 19:22   #286
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Checked out the car in person at Gachibowli, Hyderabad. The car looks quite good, especially the rear is no TATA.
The interiors are really good and reeks are quality. The Harman sound system is something that you would appreciate only when you listen to it. The sound quality is something that will keep you in the car even when you are not driving it.
The car was not available for test drive yet, but I did turn on the car to get a feel of the new revotron engine. While is it no Kappa2, it is not very loud. In my opinion the engine vibrations were well controlled (maybe because I drive a K10B engine). The door has two layers of insulation and the engine is faintly audible inside, but with the sound system on, you will hardly hear it .
I'm not sure about the AC cooling effectiveness as the car was exposed to direct sunlight when we sat in. Need to check during my test drive. There is no automatic climate control though.
Sales staff need to be educated big time- they are clueless to show the customers what the car can offer. To an uninformed customer, it could be just another hatchback. The only things the sales reps were keen on showing was the audio system, rear legroom and boot space.
The glove box was a pleasure to use. On the contrary, the grab handles do not have a dampening effect.
The audio system display is Okayish - I find monochrome boring.
The sales reps, while they maintained that they are not aware of these pricing, kept emphasising the fact that the car has a lot to offer at a very LOW price point.
There was a price guessing lucky draw too and my guesses are 3.99 lakhs for the petrol and 4.69 lakhs for the diesel, both entry variants.
In all I was quite impressed and looking forward to a test drive
dheepak10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 11:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

I saw a HUGE crowd at the Pandit showroom on Law College road this morning gathered around the TIAGO. The car was looking stunning from outside the showroom in that orange shade.
ajay_satpute is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 20:41   #288
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tiago bookings have commenced, according to Indianautosblog:

Quote:
Bookings for the Tata Tiago are open and the booking amount is INR 11,000, several dealers told Indian Autos Blog. The hatchback is reported to launch on March 28 and deliveries will commence in a few days after the launch. Some dealerships also have a display car, however customer test drives are yet to begin.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 17:33   #289
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors has announced that bookings for the Tiago hatchback will open on March 10, 2016. Customers can book the car either online or at any authorized dealership of Tata Motors with a payment of Rs. 10,000.

Booking the car will make the person, who has to be at least 18 years old, eligible to participate in a contest that could give him / her, a chance to win a trip to Barcelona, along with one person of his / her choice and meet Argentine footballer Lionel Messi, who is Tata Motors' global brand ambassador.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tata-tiago-bookings-open.jpg

After booking the vehicle, the participating customer will be requested for a response to the question "I love Tata TIAGO because…' and based on the most creative response, the company will shortlist the first set of qualifiers. The final five winners will be selected through a lucky draw and will be eligible to make the trip to Barcelona to meet the football legend. The winning entries will be announced on www.tatatiago.com, 30 days after the date of closure of the promotion period.

Tata Motors will also roll out a national BTL campaign in a phased manner, from March 15, 2016.
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 18:50   #290
Senior - BHPian

Today's TOI has 2 full page Tiago advertisement
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiago1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiago2.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:06   #291
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Tiago on display at Concorde Motors, Chennai showroom and went in to check it out.
No, test drives will only start in the latter part of the month but customers were encouraged by dealer personnel for static / subjective evaluation of the car.
The vehicle has a very nice presence, or maybe that should read "characterful presence". Interior plastic quality, especially dash-top was very impressive. Seats were meaty & supportive, doors shut nice and firm and everything felt well screwed together. Music system was deeply impressive as far as sound quality was concerned.
TML seems to have paid attention even in under-bonnet areas with a neatly plumbed and clipped engine bay.

I think this car deserves to sell. It feels much better than Brio, Liva, Celerio etc. You can tell that TML has made serious amends for its past sins w.r.t. to PQ (Product Quality).

Now the battle i guess will be "brand perception" as for many, while shopping for a car, "Tata" doesn't even feature in their consideration set.
arjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 21:54   #292
BHPian

I'll be happy when tata has an afss better than Maruti.

If Maruti, along with suzuki can do it good in India with Indian staff and dealership, so can tata.

They will only be able to do it with a direct feedback from customers regarding afss. A very thorough study of how Maruti is doing this and how tata can better it seems to be done very urgently.

Its better to end relationship with the dealers than kill ones own passenger car segment.

If your current honchos can't deal this, call Mr. Jagdish khattar who transformed Maruti to what it is today.

Last edited by adityadeva : 10th March 2016 at 21:56.
Old 10th March 2016, 22:57   #293
BHPian

Took a TD today of the petrol Tiago. My daily drive is a GT TSI and sometimes, an i10 AT.

My first observations:

1. I felt comfortable driving the car within the first 20 seconds. Seating position was good, clutch and gearbox was as per expectation, did not notice anything abnormal.

2. Torquey at low revs. I was pleasantly surprised at the responsiveness. The car feels nimble. My i10 AT with the 1.2 VTVT is smoother and has less vibrations at idle - the one extra cylinder does make a difference. However, on the move, I didn't really notice that much of a NVH difference. Engine does rev reasonably freely, but wasn't too happy doing that - a bit like hyundai petrols. To be fair, it had only 350km on the odo.

3. Superb ride quality at city speeds - significantly more supple than my GT TSI at low speeds. Compared to the VW, the suspension was less noisy and there were no bad 'thuds'. Compared to my i10 AT, no pitching and bobbing. Didn't really test beyond 100 kmph.

4. This really got my goat - the steering feel is really really good! How did they get this so right!? Not as good as my favorite, the Ikon 1.6 Sxi, but definitely on par with my first car - a 2006 Swift. And unfortunately again for me, better than my VW - there's no 'layer of butter' hiding the feedback. I never thought I'd say this about a Tata. But there you go.

5. The brakes were nice. I drove the top end. No drama. Progressive stopping.

6. I liked the interiors. Didn't really observe the details. Feels nicely put together.

7. The orange shade was fantastico - light really loves playing around with it! I am a detailing nut, and I was almost dying to apply a high quality boutique wax (like my Bouncer's Vanilla Ice) and see the depth for myself.

All the best Tata Motors!
d_himan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:23   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
I'll be happy when tata has an afss better than Maruti.

If your current honchos can't deal this, call Mr. Jagdish khattar who transformed Maruti to what it is today.
Are you serious about expecting after sales getting better than maruti? :lol

Re: Mr. Khattar, see what happened to the multi brand service outlets he got into. They went down the drain as far as customer satisfaction is concerned.
Old 11th March 2016, 17:01   #295
BHPian

Took a Test drive of the Tiago a while ago & here are my observations.

1. Felt really comfortable as I started driving. Seat position is good with good under thigh support. Clutch, gearbox response is really nice & good response at low end revs. Didnt find a road near my office to test the suspension but on the move it is really nice & very low NVH inside the cabin.

2. Harmen infotainment system is top notch & the music is really soothing to hear. Interior quality is awesome & storage compartments are fair enough for practical usage.

3. Braking is instantaneous & no fiddling when used.

3. Moved to the rear seat & found the seating position perfect. 2 medium built persons can seat comfortably & the 3rd person needs to adjust a bit, thats the only negative point i observed.

4. Boot space is okay for a small family of 3-4, practical enough for the segment it is competing & almost close enough to grand i10 boot space.

5. The sales rep told that the top end would be priced around 6.5-6.8L on road in Hyderabad with the following color options ( Orange, white, grey, silver, blue & red ) . Delivery of orange shade is on the same day it seems for petrol & for other colors it would take 2-3 weeks.

Waiting for the launch as I don't think the top end price would be that higher.
venkikewl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 17:54   #296
BHPian

venkikewl,
Is this price for Petrol or Diesel top end? Are they giving out variant wise specs? And which dealer is this in Hyderabad? I got a call from Malik Auto but haven't been able to go to see the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
5. The sales rep told that the top end would be priced around 6.5-6.8L on road in Hyderabad with the following color options ( Orange, white, grey, silver, blue & red ) . Delivery of orange shade is on the same day it seems for petrol & for other colors it would take 2-3 weeks.

Waiting for the launch as I don't think the top end price would be that higher.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:15   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Took a Test drive of the Tiago a while ago
Hi,

Please let me know which showroom in Hyderabad is offering test drives. I couldn't get it in Gachibowli or HiTec city
Old 11th March 2016, 19:47   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Hi,

Please let me know which showroom in Hyderabad is offering test drives. I couldn't get it in Gachibowli or HiTec city
I got a call from Malik cars & test drive is available in their Himayat Nagar branch. However, they bought the car to Mindspace when requested.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:48   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
venkikewl,
Is this price for Petrol or Diesel top end? Are they giving out variant wise specs? And which dealer is this in Hyderabad? I got a call from Malik Auto but haven't been able to go to see the car.
This price is for petrol variant top end. I got a call from malik cars & they bought the vehicle for test drive to Mindspace. You can call 8142052000 & quote my name if they ask.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 20:47   #300
BHPian

Quote:
This price is for petrol variant top end. I got a call from malik cars & they bought the vehicle for test drive to Mindspace. You can call 8142052000 & quote my name if they ask.
I think/hope Tata is not stupid enough to ask that price. It will be Bolt part II AKA D-O-A. It would sell even worse than Bolt in that case, LOL!
At the position they are in, they'd need to price it at/below Celerio levels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks