Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 15:09   #1846
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post

The most negative factor about the Tiago was the Tata brand name.
Congratulations on your Tiago Possession. Nice Color too. I also own the same. Hope now the negative factor about Tata Brand name is turned Positive.

Quote:
No freebies were given.
Agree. Tiago is a hot cake for Tata now and they offer nothing extra. I somehow managed to get the standard accessory floor mat and mud flap for free. Bargained a bit and got car vacuum cleaner as well.

Quote:
In a hot day if you park the car under sun for a few hour, the AC fails to cool the car. The car had to be switched to Sports mode for optimum cooling.
Thanks for the hint. Agree that the cooling is not optimum when outside temperature is over 30°C. Will check cooling with sports mode. Since you have a black roof your car has a higher absorption coefficient than mine .
I also liked Black roof but my wife rejected this idea considering hot weather conditions at the coast. I am thinking of a white roof now.

Quote:
What I don’t like about my car is the suspension. It is too bumpy. The car behave like a boat sometimes. I’ll taking the car again to the ASS this weekend to resolve the suspension issue.
May be i have not experienced this but the suspensions seems to handle the bumps well compared to other cars in same segment. Let us know what TASS did to resolve your problem.

Quote:
I planned to blacken the A pillar and C pillar too. But the odd shape is a problem and I think it will not look nice.
I have stickered the C pillar. You can look at the picture in my post here to get an idea. Did this as I like the floating roof illusion.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4333236

Quote:
Installed LED bulbs in both headlights and fog lamps procured from Aliexpress. Cost was around 4K for both. Also the parking lamps were changed to white.
Perfect LEDs you have there. Please share the procurement details. How is the spread of headlight beam with LED? Is the fog lamp powerful compared to OEM fitting? Did you have to change the fuse for this mod? was it done at the Tata (So the rest of the electricals are covered under warranty if there is any short circuit due to these bulbs).
Additionally, for auto dimming IRVM I see that the wiring has come from under the roof padding. You had to remove this for wiring? Where is this wire connected to?

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:26   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshudas View Post
Congratulations on the new car. It looks great. Could you please provide links to all the mods? I like that mat. The ones provided by TATA is not very good.
Thanks guys!!

Here you go:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Loved the changes you have made. The car looks really nice.
Would changing the fog light bulb to led void the warranty? I would love to change the fog lights but have not done so over warranty uncertainty.
The Fog lamps are direct plug and play. I have just removed the stock lamps and plonked in the LEDs. Kept the halogens as spare, in case of warranty claim I'll fix the halogens again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2018 at 11:06. Reason: Removing extra quote tag :)
archat68 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 21:07   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Agree. Tiago is a hot cake for Tata now and they offer nothing extra. I somehow managed to get the standard accessory floor mat and mud flap for free. Bargained a bit and got car vacuum cleaner as well.
I did manage a 10000 Rs cash discount while purchasing

Quote:
Thanks for the hint. Agree that the cooling is not optimum when outside temperature is over 30°C. Will check cooling with sports mode. Since you have a black roof your car has a higher absorption coefficient than mine .
The blackening of the roof was done recently. The cooling problem is since day 1.

Quote:
I have stickered the C pillar. You can look at the picture in my post here to get an idea. Did this as I like the floating roof illusion.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-122.html#post4333236
I already saw that I am planning to do that. But I'm unsure it will gel with the blacked roof. Also did you use black vinyl or carbon fiber?

Quote:
Perfect LEDs you have there. Please share the procurement details. How is the spread of headlight beam with LED? Is the fog lamp powerful compared to OEM fitting? Did you have to change the fuse for this mod? was it done at the Tata (So the rest of the electricals are covered under warranty if there is any short circuit due to these bulbs).
Additionally, for auto dimming IRVM I see that the wiring has come from under the roof padding. You had to remove this for wiring? Where is this wire connected to?
LEDs were purchased from Aliexpress. The product link is given below. Once you buy it will take around 30 days for the product to reach you. Don't buy too much items at once and do not use any premium shipping like DHL, Fedex etc. It will attract customs duty. Ask the seller to declare the value as 20-30$.
The beam pattern photos can be found at the end of the post. I didnot change any fuse. I fixed the foglamp myself. It's very easy. I took help of a accesory shop for fixing the headlamp. The connectors are direct fit. There is no wire cutting involved. Only the rubber dust cap behind the headlamp assembly was cut to pass the heatsinks. Later I sealed the cuts in the rubber with silicone sealant.No relay is also required as they are of lower wattage than the stock bulbs.
IMO warranty should not be void as there is no wire cutting involved and the wattage is actually lower.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...746715742.html (for headlamp)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...704067478.html (for fog)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/170-...319110290.html (IVRM)

Now the photos for beam pattern:

1. Low beam

Tata Tiago : Official Review-low-beam.jpg

2. High beam

Tata Tiago : Official Review-high-beam.jpg

3. Only foglamp

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fog.jpg

4. Fog with lowbeam

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fog_lb.jpg

5. Fog with High beam

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fog_hb.jpg
archat68 is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 14:44   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
I already saw that I am planning to do that. But I'm unsure it will gel with the blacked roof. Also did you use black vinyl or carbon fiber?
I used a vinyl sticker.

Quote:
Now the photos for beam pattern
The beam illuminates the road quite well. Specially the fog lamps are much better.
When using only the high beam I feel the road just in front of the car is not illuminated at all. I also see this in your picture with high beam and without fog lamps. However High beam with fog lamp seems to solve this problem.

Thanks for the links and details on bulb installation.

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 11:59   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if someone has already posted this video here or not. This shows how Tata has made Tiago a strong and safe car.

Worth to take a look at this video. Car looks really strong for its class.
Old 17th January 2018, 22:18   #1851
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure what to say about this video. How can one judge from pics if a car is safe or not? The dynamics behind each crash is unique to it and drawing a conclusion by just seeing a few selected accident pics may be foolish. For instance there are enough pictures on the internet where a car rear ended another and suffered alarmingly more damage than the other car or from what one would have expected given the speed of collision. Why? Simple because the dynamics at play are different.

I am not suggesting that Tata has not built a safe car here. Infact I love the Tiago. But such videos are best avoided.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 20:35   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of our Tiago XZ Diesel today.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180119_171519.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20180119wa0004.jpg  

harry10 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 21:39   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
I have taken Gold AMC Plan for the first year. So, there was no charge for me on 15,000 kms Oil change service. For 22,500 kms general service, the cost was around Rs.1500/- but that included wheel alignment, balancing, and rotation charges worth Rs.1200/-(as per bill).

My Tiago is due for 30,000 kms Oil change service in 1500 kms. I will keep you posted once done.

Did you replace with mineral oil or synthetic oil ? The cost was 1500 Rs since you have AMC ? What would be the cost of oil change otherwise ?
Old 24th January 2018, 13:00   #1854
BHPian

Yesterday I noticed bits of foam inside the car on the mat. I assume rats are the reason because in the past had similar issues with my alto. Though there is no smell nor any foot prints inside, I think rat was unsuccessful in entering the cabin. However I am worried that it must have also eaten some wire insulation in frustration.
Today my Tiago is at TAS for inspection. They recommended to inspect the complete dash (by removing and checking). I am not really happy tampering the factory fittings but with airbags on, I do not want to leave any wires open. They offered to install a mesh between engine bay and cabin to make sure that rat cannot enter the cabin anymore. However for the engine bay I need to use some rat repellent.

I guess I am the first Tiago owner to experience a rat attack

-UB
Old 27th January 2018, 18:31   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I noticed bits of foam inside the car on the mat. I assume rats are the reason because in the past had similar issues with my alto. Though there is no smell nor any foot prints inside, I think rat was unsuccessful in entering the cabin. However I am worried that it must have also eaten some wire insulation in frustration.
T However for the engine bay I need to use some rat repellent.

-UB
There is nothing much you can do about rats. I have the same problem and the wires cut in my Honda City by rats thrice in the past 2 years or so. Fortunately, my Tiago is fine (until now)
Old 28th January 2018, 09:10   #1856
YDS
BHPian

Quote:
They offered to install a mesh between engine bay and cabin to make sure that rat cannot enter the cabin anymore. However for the engine bay I need to use some rat repellent.

-UB
In my case Rats were not there, It was tour done by moles(I live in outskirts). No damage though.
Did you install the mesh? How much are they charging for it? Can it be done without disturbing dash?
Old 29th January 2018, 12:55   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
In my case Rats were not there, It was tour done by moles(I live in outskirts). No damage though.
Did you install the mesh? How much are they charging for it? Can it be done without disturbing dash?
How do you conclude that you had moles? I also had no rat smell inside the car but just the foam bits seen. Not sure if I had rats or squirrels or other rodent. I assumed it was rat! I need a night vision camera inside the engine bay.
In my case since it was obvious that there was a rodent play, TAS insisted to open the dash to check. They found a fist full of soft foam bits. The guy told me that this foam is from the AC vent which splits the air flow.
They have now meshed the ventilation opening in front and some opening in the rear. Also added some soft foam. I was charged INR.2799/- incl. tax which included AC vent cleaning, soft foam addition. mesh fixation at the front ventilator opening and rear, full wash (was not asked for) and labour.

All my effort now is to keep the rat away from engine bay.
Has anyone got experience with 'Carcat ultrasound rat repellent' ?

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 10:10   #1858
YDS
BHPian

Quote:
How do you conclude that you had moles? I also had no rat smell inside the car but just the foam bits seen. Not sure if I had rats or squirrels or other rodent. I assumed it was rat! I need a night vision camera inside the engine bay.

They have now meshed the ventilation opening in front and some opening in the rear. Also added some soft foam. I was charged INR.2799/- incl. tax which included AC vent cleaning, soft foam addition. mesh fixation at the front ventilator opening and rear, full wash (was not asked for) and labour.
-UB
Assumed like you; as we are yet to get Rats in our area & there were signs of nature's call been served on the engine cover itself(esp. on the oil filler cap).

I will go for meshing if they(rodents) repeat. Thanks for the info.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:12   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Attachment 1722496

Saw this leaflet in the Service Centre while getting my Nano serviced. It has the link to update the software on Tata Motors Touchscreen Infotainment Systems made by Harman Kadron. People with top most models of Nexon, Tigor, Hexa, Tiago, Zest and Bolt may benefit from this.
Thanks but what would be credentials to access this portal.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:17   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Once you open the website, it gives 2 login options, 1 for TML Dealers, and 1 for TML Users. I guess one has to click on TML User and select "New TML User" to create their login ID to be used on the website. I do not own any Tata car with such a system, so not sure. Thought it'll be relevant to others in the group, so shared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks