Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th December 2018, 06:24   #4486
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
It would be helpful if you could share which shark-fin antenna will fit in Hexa (XE)? Is it the one available in Nexon or the after market ones ?
There isn't a specific one. Folks have installed ones from Amazon as well as bought directly from accessory stores.

On Amazon, just search for Shark Fin Antenna Hexa and there are many options.

Last edited by mostlynerd : 6th December 2018 at 06:27. Reason: Made more specific
mostlynerd is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 12:00   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
There isn't a specific one. Folks have installed ones from Amazon as well as bought directly from accessory stores.

On Amazon, just search for Shark Fin Antenna Hexa and there are many options.

I have bought one
https://www.amazon.in/Ramanta%C2%AE-.../dp/B072MFN6PF

My range has deteriorated
manas27587 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 16:15   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I have bought one
https://www.amazon.in/Ramanta%C2%AE-.../dp/B072MFN6PF

My range has deteriorated
Yes. That is understandable as these are not high quality. Also it is difficult to tell if it will work well or not. The sharkfin shape is also not conducive to reception.
mostlynerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 17:45   #4489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Here's a surprising niggle I've had - as I mentioned above, I've owned the XTA for about a year now.

From the very beginning, driving at night, I found the High beam weak and the low beam much more pronounced.

same issue with my Nissan Terrano. Good low beam and bad high beam.
As our eyes focus on the bright spread near us, the distant vision is reduced. This is especially prominent on 4 lane roads with hedge in the median, where we we miss a animal or human waiting to cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post

Now what else can I try? Any suggestions?
Oh and for those of you thinking of upgrading to HID Kits, my advice would be, don't! It's not worth it. Firstly, lots of Police people stop you and try challaning you, despite the High End vehicles having Factory HID lights, apparently it's still illegal under the law.

I tried different LED combinations and found
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Se...h_0_ppcChannel

In 4300k very good. Please avoid the colour changing filaments.
Secondly you have to try the different bulbs to finalize on what suits your reflector best. I initially tried the xhp50 bulbs which were spreading in my reflector, but are good on other cars.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 21:19   #4490
BHPian

Smile Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Lost the battle of patience and booked the Hexa XT Tungsten Silver. The Love Story which started in 2003 continues with the 8th Tata Vehicle. The Hexa now replaces my Manza which bows out with an impressive 1.75 lakh kms on the odo. Hexa will be my primary family car for the long outstation drives and vacation trips. Office and local run gets served by the #FantasticoTiago
dhondusaxena is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2018, 22:25   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Lost the battle of patience and booked the Hexa XT Tungsten Silver. The Love Story which started in 2003 continues with the 8th Tata Vehicle. The Hexa now replaces my Manza which bows out with an impressive 1.75 lakh kms on the odo. Hexa will be my primary family car for the long outstation drives and vacation trips. Office and local run gets served by the #FantasticoTiago
Congratulations dude! Welcome to the beast mode. What an upgrade from Manza to Hexa. I am sure you will enjoy the plush ride and an amazing road show! Million miles ahead my friend
doxinboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 10:58   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - is TATA running any discounts currently? Anything for year end?
rovingeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 22:22   #4493

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Hi - is TATA running any discounts currently? Anything for year end?
I enquired in October, they were giving insurance free. And looked ready to negotiate.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 11:47   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, I also upgraded from Manza to Hexa and never had any regret. You will definitely enjoy the Hexa.
Anuruddhs is offline   Reply With Quote