Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 19:53   #3736
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
@ac3112 you can fit fog lamps and DRL at TASS, same unit which is there in XTA and many XM/XMA owners have done in NCR region at TASS itself. Costs around 12-13K for complete assembly and fitting.
The SA at the dealership I inquired however informed that there's no such accessory available officially.
Old 13th February 2018, 23:27   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
With a big SUV like Hexa, TC and ESP would be extremely useful..I am now in a dilemma in selecting the manual vs AT version for these + the drive modes functions
This is exactly my thought process while finalising the variant. Most of my drives involve city driving condition and I felt I could sacrifice the ESP for the ease of auto box. Though ESP is a much needed safety feature, a bit of a defensive driving on our highways would take care of it. Take an extensive TD of AT on the highway before you sign the cheque book.

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2018 at 22:54. Reason: Typos
doxinboy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2018, 08:30   #3738
BHPian

After nearly a three month wait, I could finally get the time to arrange for a test drive of the manual variant of the Hexa. My god that is a fun car for regular use! Drove the Automatic three times before and it didn't feel as engaging to drive as the manual. The vibrations on the gear lever seemed to be a bit high. Is that normal on the Hexa or unique to the test drive vehicle? The test drive vehicle did have 20000 kms on the odo and not a single squeak or rattle and the car felt as good as new to drive.

Has anyone got the paid service done on the Hexa? What could a regular service approximately cost for the Hexa?
Old 14th February 2018, 11:58   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
After nearly a three month wait, I could finally get the time to arrange for a test drive of the manual variant of the Hexa. My god that is a fun car for regular use! Drove the Automatic three times before and it didn't feel as engaging to drive as the manual. The vibrations on the gear lever seemed to be a bit high.
Most RWD cars will have a bit of vibration in the gear lever.
Old 14th February 2018, 13:02   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
After nearly a three month wait, I could finally get the time to arrange for a test drive of the manual variant of the Hexa. My god that is a fun car for regular use! Drove the Automatic three times before and it didn't feel as engaging to drive as the manual. The vibrations on the gear lever seemed to be a bit high. Is that normal on the Hexa or unique to the test drive vehicle? The test drive vehicle did have 20000 kms on the odo and not a single squeak or rattle and the car felt as good as new to drive.

Has anyone got the paid service done on the Hexa? What could a regular service approximately cost for the Hexa?
20K on a test drive vehicle? Its roughly around 2 years if my memory serves me right. But, its good to know about the build quality and the up-keepment should also be appreciated.

Prem.
Old 14th February 2018, 14:08   #3741
BHPian

Quote:

Gear lever vibrations should be minimal.
Try the automatic in the sports mode. The transmission engine combination is better than every SUV below 20 lakhs. You can go to the transmission vendor's website and look at the model number. It was used in a BMW and a few other premium cars. Here is the link to the wiki page of the transmission.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 14th February 2018 at 14:10. Reason: Language
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 15:28   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
I am now in a dilemma in selecting the manual vs AT version for these + the drive modes functions
I was in the same dilemma and initially more inclined towards manual. I took extensive test drives of both manual and automatic both in city and highways. The convenience of automatic and the sports mode finally sealed it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
@ac3112 you can fit fog lamps and DRL at TASS, same unit which is there in XTA and many XM/XMA owners have done in NCR region at TASS itself. Costs around 12-13K for complete assembly and fitting.
Even one of the dealers mentioned this to me and quoted same cost.

Quote:
The vibrations on the gear lever seemed to be a bit high.
I did notice the vibrations on the gear level during my test drives as well but were within acceptable limits and not annoying.
Old 19th February 2018, 15:00   #3743
BHPian

I had booked Hexa in Jan'17 & have now made a down payment in Feb'18 - i was short on funds.

I have 2 questions please.

1. How good are the stock headlamps (comparison with safari helps) & has anyone made changes to them, if so, what are the specs & additional accessories.

2. Has anyone managed to get "handling charges" waived off in Bangalore?
Old 19th February 2018, 15:36   #3744
BHPian

Hi m3 , I don't have any complaints on headlamps but some people have changed with 25 watts LED units.
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 16:06   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I had booked Hexa in Jan'17 & have now made a down payment in Feb'18 - i was short on funds.

1. How good are the stock headlamps (comparison with safari helps) & has anyone made changes to them, if so, what are the specs & additional accessories.

2. Has anyone managed to get "handling charges" waived off in Bangalore?
I found the low beams to be weak and have switched all 4 lamps to Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs as stock replacement. Same wattage as OEM. Much better throw and spread. Highly recommend you do this. I personally dont like the whiter Philips bulbs, as they are useless in rain.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 17:44   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post

Would advice you to first get the beam throw checked (high beam) as it was a way of rectifying the problem among a few owners including me. Many others however did not find any issues with the beam throw.

I additionally have changed the high beams to philips extreme vision and there seems to be further improvement but only marginal as compared to stock.

Personally, would not recommend LEDs as i am against using any bulb higher than 4300k temperature as they will definitely pose issues in visibility though they may look brighter. Also, halogens are just plug and play and can be done at TASS itself. But not sure with LEDs and I guess it may void warranty.

Am ok with the low beams and will retain the stock bulbs.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 19th February 2018 at 17:45.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 21:48   #3747
BHPian

Is the 2 year/ 40000 Kms AMC worth it? The dealer is quoting 26 grand for it now, was 23 grand earlier.
My XTA would be 3 months old next week. Have driven 2300 Kms so far. Wondering if the extra spend makes sense. I am also planning to get ceramic coating done post the first service.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:19   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Is the 2 year/ 40000 Kms AMC worth it? The dealer is quoting 26 grand for it now, was 23 grand earlier.
Depends on what all is covered in the AMC? And what is your annual mileage? If you are say in 10k per year, then it does not.
Better option would be to go for extended warranty.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:31   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Is the 2 year/ 40000 Kms AMC worth it?
It must be the Gold AMC that is being referred, and is definetely worth it. Though not owning a Hexa, I have had a good experience with this enrollment with the 2-year Gold AMC on the Storme, and can vouch for it's features and benefits that you will be entitled for.
Cheers!
dkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 12:08   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Is the 2 year/ 40000 Kms AMC worth it?
from what I am given to understand by the dealer, the AMC will cover your service expenses for the additional 20K interval ones. It is wiser to invest this money for the additional 2 years of warranty, which will cover the warranty for 3 + 2 yrs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks